It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush: "God wants me to be President"

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 04:55 PM
link   
In a PBS Special, set to air Thursday night at 9pm EST, called "The Jesus Factor", George W. Bush is quoted as saying "I believe God wants me to be President."

Now, the show hasn't yet aired, but I figured I'd post beforehand, so anyone who wants to watch it can do so, and then comment here afterwords.

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 04:56 PM
link   
uh oh!! God is on direct communication with GW....we're in trouble now.

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Some of us Christians tend to believe we are exactly where we are supposed to be. That's how I would interpet his statement.

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
uh oh!! God is on direct communication with GW....we're in trouble now.

The Lord tells me he can get me out of this mess, but he's pretty sure you're fooked !

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Venus
Some of us Christians tend to believe we are exactly where we are supposed to be. That's how I would interpet his statement.

Thats true, many believe jesus leads you down the path your to go on.
I'd agree w/ you on this... Bush I doubt is talking about God as satan or any other black religion.

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 05:22 PM
link   
If God is planning on bringing on the apocalypse, I suppose he's the logical choice.

Seriously though, I really hate the idea of people in power being swayed by their religious beliefs, and personally I find his claims to 'Christian values' false, saccharine, sickening and offensive in the way that it's mostly to harness the vote of right wing Bible bashers.

There's not much difference between having Christian fundamentalist dogma in the Whitehouse, and the Muslim fundamentalism of Bin Laden. Both two very scary ideals for the world...

[Edited on 18-5-2004 by kegs]

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 12:31 AM
link   
what happened to the seperation of church and state? now i dont believe in god in the traditional sense, but if he does exsist and is as great as you religious folk say he is, i doubt he wants bush in any position of power... but then again if the terrorists are right maybe god wants bush in power to topple the US... oh them crazy texans are wierd people

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 12:49 AM
link   
I guess God wanted Bush to choke on a pretzel too and God caused 9/11 and God has been hiding Bin Laden for THREE FREAKING YEARS and God selected Kerry to be the Democratic nominee and God gave Babs and Jenna a taste for white lightnin' (just like dear old dad) and God made Cheney's daughter gay and God outsourced all those jobs and God got me hooked on cigarettes and God wanted all those priests to rape those little kids and God cancelled Frasier and God broke up Ben and J-Lo and basically God is just as perverted in the head as Bush.

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 12:52 AM
link   
You'd think God would of given a heads-up about the whole Iraq thing, but I guess it's not like God has ESP or anything.

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 08:14 AM
link   
This is a re-broadcast and a previous thread. www.abovetopsecret.com...
Do see the show! It won't change your mind. You will either be horrified, or your faith will be reinforced. Noone at ATS ever seems to shift from their entrenched position.

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 02:11 PM
link   
The last thing we need is foreign/domestic policy being influenced by one's religious myth belief system.

Foreign policy/domestic should be influenced by the needs of the people only. As not everyone follows the Christian faith (myself included, I am an atheist.)

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 02:14 PM
link   
is a wiseman, beware the prophet who tells you he is a prophet and beware the man who says god want's it this way.

Bush is full of stuff, God no more talks to him than a pig produces gold. This idiot snorted way to much coke way to early on.

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 02:18 PM
link   
And if Bush really basis his policy off "what god tells him" we have some serious problems here!

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by scottsquared
Noone at ATS ever seems to shift from their entrenched position.

Actually, being on this board shifted me from extreme left wing to a completely apathetic a-political

Nobody's right. Politics doesn't work.

Bush is starting to sound like a medievel king, "annointed by god". Let's hope he doesn't get any more carried away.

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 02:52 PM
link   
I don't know what I am more disturbed by! That Bush communicates with god or that God even bothers with Bush! I mean...for god's sake have some standards! :bnghd:

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 03:32 PM
link   
So if "god" is speaking directly to bush and guiding bush in the "right" direction, then I guess this means that God favors america more than anyother country on the face of the earth.

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 03:36 PM
link   
I took it as divine right to rule - much like the Ancient kings of Sumeria, England, and the like. The ironic thing is, the Iraqis and other middle-eastern peoples are the direct descendants of the Sumerians.

[Edited on 5/19/04 by xenophanes85]

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 04:04 PM
link   
See? I keep telling you all that God is cruel...

And if Bush really basis his policy off "what god tells him" we have some serious problems here!

Another world leader once said that...who was it? Let me think... Oh yeah....Hitler!!!

[Edited on 19-5-2004 by Gazrok]

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Slayer
So if "god" is speaking directly to bush and guiding bush in the "right" direction, then I guess this means that God favors america more than anyother country on the face of the earth.

"If God be for us, who could be against us?"

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Oh gee, how lovely, another Political MudPit "Let's bash Bush thread."

Btw, G_d told me to say this.

seekerof

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join