It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Burn in hell, or devote your life to...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 04:03 AM
link   
We all see the attacks on Religion, the attacks on Christianity, Islam, not so much Hinduism though, well in these parts anyways.

So let's go YouTube why don't we. We'll start with my favorite, Fox.

An atheist sign was stolen in a capital, after it was stolen, the group wanted to replace it with 'thou shall not steal', to which the blonde hair women scoffed at them using a ten commandment.

Well, if you're going to follow a book, and damn in your mind people around you, why not follow the book to the fullest?

And then the woman, they interview....facepalm... criticizes, criticizes, says her friends are atheists, then calls them fools, with no option for them to voice their own opinion, criticizes, criticizes.

At around 2:24, the woman states, the second BEST option besides ignoring an atheist, is to:

1) Make fun of them
2) Mock them

Then she picks out an extremists, and develops her own opinion expands on the opinion, and attacks her.

At the end though, it's fun, because the guy now wants to talk about 'Akon', YAY!

Round 2 My second favorite CNN, hell they got an atheist to voice an opinion.

The anchor asks if atheist 'deserve' criticism for going to the supreme court for asking that "In God we trust" comes off the Dollar, and so on and so forth.

Well it wasn't there before, why need it now? Seems to be a huge attack on atheist.

He also points out that atheist are 1.3% of the population, why are you so noisy!?!?

Well, one man, one vote, lol I won't go into that!

Jews make up 1.7-2.2 of the US population also, not so far off actually... I won't go further.

The Rev. says atheist are hypocrites, and their trying to impose their 'godless' lifestyles on people.

Well for the most part, that's not true, simple.

It's a rash generalization, just as if I said all muslims are suicide bombers. Well not to that extreme, but you get my point.

Again, what is a godless society.

For me, I'd look at it, as the same as it is now, just a letting go movement, a movement which announces, we've got it from here, we don't need a crutch, or a false hope to help us get along in our lives.

We can grieve over a death, we can understand our death, and we can make a difference in our survival, besides suffering a extreme weather phenomenon and just hoping, and that alone getting us through, we can take it from here, without a false hope.

This tell a 20/20 story about a girl who is an atheist, and asked not to be a part of the prayer before a game, seeing as it's an insult to the other members religion, and that she doesn't believe in it.

She's sent to the lockroom for that.

And 'supposedly' ridiculed by teachers (who refused to comment) and students, yet Pastors responded saying the students "are 'good' Christian' students".

I can't understand how an atheist, is the least trusted person on the polls.

If you understand the whole poll, its incredible, I can't find it now, but hopefully someone else can. Found it en.wikipedia.org...

We have our constitution and laws, and rights.

Any Atheist, could say that they agree with those, or perhaps disagree, rarely, just as much as the next person.

But when it comes to religion an atheist, is the most mocked, attacked, even in race, an atheist is more likely to be ridiculed.

Now I can reiterate, and point out all the things I usually do, that, :white, black, yellow, red, christian, islam, jew, hindu, atheist.

We are all people.

It's simple what we all want/need, a partner who is trustable, happiness, our belongings staying with us, and for others not to rape, murder or attack.

Now, atheism isn't a group of people who denounce god, and ergo wish to do the exact opposite of what we all want/need!

But we are influenced by all groups, jews have a different view of the world, hindus too! Muslims too! Christians too!

Atheism, just X's out the god portion.

But i'm reiterating, if you want that read my threads!

Now here is the conspiracy part of this, (lol, probably my best conspiracy in religion opinion)

Christians in America, are getting scared.

They are fearful, that they will pose time and effort to attack a group of 1.3% of the population.

Their worried that people are realizing, they can be good without religion, that proof of an afterlife holds no grounds.

That the tithing will eventually fade away.....

Religious organizations don't worry much about a god, as long as you have one, it's the greatest influence a group can have on you.

Without it, you are a freethinker, you decide you're own thoughts, and obey rules that seem best in the world.

A fearless person, is the most feared person.

I do not attack religious people in here, this is a thread about the attacks upon atheists, I could post more Youtube videos willingly but they all end up getting spun by the MSM.

The religious side is losing a tiny bit of ground, and it's frightening, for the big guys PTB it's a huge threat, for the little people, I feel that they just feel scared that people are going to hells' each religion has a different one, lol.

But whom owns the MSM, which mostly wants to have a go at the atheists.

[edit on 24-10-2009 by Republican08]

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 04:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Republican08

A fearless person, is the most feared person.

[edit on 24-10-2009 by Republican08]

I decided to leave this out right now and ive posted below to make my point more clear to you.

Cheers.

[edit on 24-10-2009 by XXXN3O]

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 04:25 AM
link   
reply to post by XXXN3O

I'm feeling askewed reading that, can you elaborate more.

Second line.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 04:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Republican08

I deleted that post and decided to post something that can be more clear.

To keep my point short, I am saying ignore these people, they are trying to distract you regardless of your faith or not and if you listen to them you wont have a clue what to think.

They mention taking oaths out of the practises of the courts at the start

Matthew 5:34

But I say unto you, Swear not at all; neither by heaven; for it is God's throne:

Matthew 23:22

And he that shall swear by heaven, sweareth by the throne of God, and by him that sitteth thereon.

You should not be taking an oath to God or swearing before God or taking his name in vain and there are more scriptures within the bible that state that but im not going to spend all day quoting the bible to an atheist unless your interested

Your word should be sufficient to any authority ie "I will not do this" or "I promise you" but never "I swear". So ask yourself why it is not in what is deemed a christian nation?

GOD on the dollar is in capitals, it is not the God of the bible just like the you in capitals is not you but rather an enterprise and if you think that for one second, in a system that was thought out that deep, nobody stopped to think about the notes people use then your wrong. Its all in everyones face yet things are re-labelled or repackaged and people cant see it.

They dont want you to know that however and instead would rather have everyone fighting in debates and getting completely lost in it all.

People are not reading their bibles enough to know the truth or understand it, be careful who you listen to, especially if they say they are a christian.

Taking an oath out of the courts practices would be a good thing because then people would not be blaspheming. Ironic that this is coming from athiests is it not and the so called majority of religious institutions are outraged??

Dont you understand whats going on here yet?

Someone is having a big laugh at everyone to say the least.

I hope what I have said makes sense and you can check it out in the bible and also in the way this system works as well as other information you will come across if you do. If you want to follow the breadcrumbs however, its down to each individual to take the first one or your not going to find the next.

But hey, if you dont, back to la la land and the world of statistics and arguments. Not many want to find out the truth and dwell in confusion with a smile on their face. If thats what people want to do, who am I to judge?

Cheers

[edit on 24-10-2009 by XXXN3O]

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 04:40 AM
link   
1.3% atheist?

i thought ive seen MUCH higher numbers than that.

atheism.about.com...

That for example has athiest/agnostic at 12%

ive heard estimates as high as 15%

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 04:47 AM
link   
I just have to smile when i see news like this. And no wonder religious people get run over. Because they understand just as little about God as the atheists do.

I dont understand why religious people have to argue about their believes or even challenge non believers. I believe in God but i done want to argue my believes with a non believer. That would be like talking to the hand. You will get nowhere. They will just start with some science baloney that even they dont understand. Just to state their reason fro not believing.

Believing in God is a personal feeling. And you cant force that knowledge onto some one else. They will never understand what you feel and why you do.

[edit on 27.06.08 by spy66]

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 04:53 AM
link   
reply to post by spy66

almost all atheists i know (my sister being the one exception to this rule) know about religion better than the majority of the religious people do.

"Science baloney"
please tell me you are drunk or phrased that poorly. just because you think something is "baloney" dont think everyone is as ignorant about science as you appear to be.

science works, saying "god did it" doesnt anymore.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 05:01 AM
link   
Fox's take on the theft was interesting. Aside from the theft being contrary to scripture, it was also illegal. No doubt they'd have objected had someone stolen some of the items at the Nativity scene. However, when it's something owned by the atheists, it's OK to steal it.

I think the atheists were 100% in wanting to post a reminder that "Thou shalt not steal". They're addressing the so-called Christian(s) who stole the sign. If their Bible is so terribly important, and if it's so vital that they follow the Bible, then they need to remember that stealing is forbidden.

I cannot fathom how Fox can so badly miss the point of the theft of the sign. Of course, they're not necessarily looking to be consistent, they're trying to boost ratings. Logic and consistency aren't necessarily as important as being outraged at atheists. Or something.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 05:06 AM
link   
reply to post by ELECTRICkoolaidZOMBIEtest

almost all atheists i know (my sister being the one exception to this rule) know about religion better than the majority of the religious people do.

I agree. It seems to me that they had enough of it when they couldn't reconcile what scriptures taught with what they were taught in church. Not all of them left because of that, but a surprising number did. They saw the hypocrisy in that. Most others genuinely don't believe in God.

I've had more honest and interesting conversations with atheists, agnostics, and wiccans than I've had with "christians". Sad to say but it's true.

[edit on 24/10/09 by PSUSA]

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 05:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by ELECTRICkoolaidZOMBIEtest
reply to post by spy66

"Science baloney"
please tell me you are drunk or phrased that poorly. just because you think something is "baloney" dont think everyone is as ignorant about science as you appear to be.

science works, saying "god did it" doesnt anymore.

Yes i was being sarcastic. There is a lot of people who has good knowledge of science and knows how to explain it properly. But a lot of people just read and use sources without knowing what they read about.

You cant use science to disprove that there is no God. Believer cant prove Gods existence either. That's why i dont bother to argue about God or religion. I cant prove to anyone that what i feel is a sure thing.

And using the Bible to explain what i feel is a waste of time. Because the Bible is understood differently by just about every one.

[edit on 27.06.08 by spy66]

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 06:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by ELECTRICkoolaidZOMBIEtest
1.3% atheist?

i thought ive seen MUCH higher numbers than that.

atheism.about.com...

That for example has athiest/agnostic at 12%

ive heard estimates as high as 15%

I would say it's 30% and rising, but 15-20% are scared to say anything out of fear & ridicule. This is changing though with more awareness campaigns desensitizing it all. It will take 2 generations and xtianity will be a fading embarrassing memory of primitive humanity.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Wow and I thought BBC news was bad at times but WOW Fox news, Wow.
I have never seen such arrogance of a presenter ( anchor ) ever.

Well I have to chuckle that a christian breaks their 1 of the Ten Commandments by taking the sign yet they ignore that and still criticize the Atheists for putting a sign out. LOL.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by spy66

When someone has to keep mentioning God or Jesus to me. I ask them: Who are you trying to convince? Me or yourself.

I think people who believe they have to force religion on others, are actually very insecure who think that they if they can get someone else to affirm their religion, it will reaffirm their own beliefs.

Safety in numbers.

Funny thing is, God is not going to want someone to come to him out of fear, ridicule or from being forced.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Reply to post by Republican08

Republican old buddy it's best to ignore retards, and there is a unfortunately LARGE percent of them on BOTH sides. Unless you wish to be dragged down and into their politics and silliness by them of course. Neither side can prove their stance, thus this crap.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 01:07 PM
link   
I think it's completely ridiculous to discriminate because of beliefs. And to discriminate because you have no beliefs is even worse! So what if you don't believe in God? Who should care as long as your leading a good life.

What I don't think is right, is groups demanding "in god we trust" off the 1 dollar bill. There are more people who do believe in some sort of God, there is no reason to go to that extreme. The separation of Church and State is something I can agree with because that does affect the rights of the entire population equally, the name of God on a piece of paper on the other hand has no effect on anyone's rights as a person beside the fact that you have to look at it.

I also believe there should be a separation between the Church and the news media. We shouldn't have to listen to their propaganda and crazy lies all the time. Freedom of speech is great, but have some class, think of others and don't discriminate.

Just my 2 cents. Fox news is redonk.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 08:03 PM
link   
'I advise people of faith to not go stealing their signs, let them make fools of themselves in the public square"

What arrogance..
Atheists are just 'trolls who cant leave people well enough alone, having outbursts and tantrums to get attention?'
The sad thing is that they (christians) truly cant see the hypocrisy in what they are saying.

Same old condescending attitude expressed by 95% of christians.

[edit on 24-10-2009 by sicklecell]

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 09:09 PM
link   
I am happy that I am not as blind as those crazy Christians.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Republican08

The 'majority' (complacent sheeple*) tend to have that knee-jerk reaction to ridicule anyone who questions any part of the 'system' being imposed for control. Don't they?

And I generally think they pick the worst possible examples of human beings and put them on TV... I wouldn't worry too much about them. I'd be concerned about the influence they have on people close to you tho.

Keep on keepin' on!

*not an insult, I love them

new topics

top topics

join