It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Big Raid, Little Town

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 02:26 AM
link   

At 8 a.m. Sunday the population of Kinsman, Ill., stood at 109. An hour later it nearly doubled, as upwards of 100 federal agents and police swooped in on the tiny, rural community. And no one seems to know why.

Big Raid, Little Town

Does anyone else find this to be absolutely shocking? Such a large response in such a little town leads me to think the feds think there's some sort of massive plan in the works (nuke, bio attack) by terrorist. The whole nature of the thing is very odd.

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 02:56 AM
link   
i see two possibilities

a) they thought they had something, but they had nothing...keeping mum as to not admit their mistake and ruin their credibility

or b) they have serious leads that these people know of someone who is a threat.

either way, they wouldn't have used that many people if it wasn't at least a very serious and reliable tip.

ear to the ground on this one. who knows?

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 03:21 AM
link   
That sure is a lot of "I don't know" replies. It's amazing how the mayor and the townfolk have absolutely no idea what's going on. I realize there's no real police force in a town of this size, but surely local authorities should have some inkling of what's going on in situations such as this. The fact that the fbi has kept them completely in the dark bothers me.

A force the size of your town sweeping in with no local outreach or cooperation? Something about this seems to off kilter for me to trust the town's best interests were in anyway considered.

I however don't believe there was an immediate threat of attack or terrorist action. I expect a perp walk within a day and charges of collusion, or trafficking in money or arms.........yet I'm surprised there isn't already a spin doctor for the fbi on this already.

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 04:52 AM
link   
This is about 45 minutes or so away from me. We heard about it happening after the fact, but no one out here knows any more about the raid than the news has reported. Being so close, I'm definitely interested to hear if anything further ends up being reported and have been listening for updates.

It is mostly farming country out here with a few small "bigger" towns here and there. There isn't usually much of anything happening and things like this raid are virtually unheard of.

Take care,
Cindi

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 10:18 AM
link   
small town, no local police, Islamic meat plant, and

less than 10 miles away from the LaSalle County Nuclear Station!

not to mention a nice big railway to bring in lots of fertilizer to build explosives, which of course would not be noticed in the middle of a huge farming area...

what could the FBI be thinking?

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Glencairn

i live in one of those bigger towns surrounded by farming communities down south, and around here there have been numerous drug raids on farms and houses and such by DEA and everything...maybe they were just related to some drug ring? i know it was FBI but who knows?

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 10:49 AM
link   
when I first saw the thread titile I thought you were talking about Liberty Missouiri. The news announced there will be a huge drug raid in Liberty? Why would they announce that ahead of time? It gives people a chance to hide thier drugs or whatever.
They often do drugs raids in my area so that was probably what it was. I could also be a warrent sweep. I know they do that here from time to time.

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by AndrewTB

I find it shocking Andrew. How close are you to Chicago???

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrbellmrbell
small town, no local police, Islamic meat plant, and

less than 10 miles away from the LaSalle County Nuclear Station!

not to mention a nice big railway to bring in lots of fertilizer to build explosives, which of course would not be noticed in the middle of a huge farming area...

what could the FBI be thinking?

Well this piece of information certainly brings a new level of "terror" (pun intended) to the possibilities. Maybe there will be something on the news about it later. I'll be on the lookout.

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Magantice

Im in Tampa. Even though I'm far away it doesn't mask my concern. We are long overdue for another attack in my opinion.

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by AndrewTB

Likely scenarios? Someone reported something nondescript and it matched a suspicion they had through intelligence, probably false.

What I do find shocking, is that even the Mayor of this community has not been given any explanation. Are you not afraid of how much power your federal government has above your regional elected officials?

If something like this happened in the UK, our press would be demanding answers from the local council as well as government. They would be expected to be able to supply an adequate response. Even if that response is that they cannot comment due to security concerns. But in this case it seems they didn't even communicate with the local officials at all.

top topics

join