It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lost 3 hours this morning...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 06:08 AM
link   
reply to post by NephraTari

I know exactly how you feel, everyday since sunday i have seen strange lights in the sky, come to tuesday, i was trying to get sleep but i couldnt, not at all realising that i may have been up for an hour since 12 still trying to get asleep i looked at the clock and it was 7 in the morning :S like i just shut my eyes and opened them and it was 7 !!!

i was like woooo wtf happened :S

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Is it possible you hit the button again in your sleep /or half stupor?
I've done this with my mobile phone; I use the alarm function on my mobile as a morning wake-up.
I've switched it off before and then gone straight back to sleep; you know what i mean- did subconsciously! I must have been safeguarding against loosing 10 hours from my life by going to work!

Presences have been known to present as smells and other media of nostalgia (especialy when speaking of passed loved-ones).i dont think this is out of the question.

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   

It is.

I love this thread because it shows logical thinking - on the part of all those involved - at its BEST (i.e. not just silly explaining away).

(And, of course, it by no means takes away from all those other experiences when the time "loss" clearly cannot be YouTube's fault...
)

[edit on 23-10-2009 by Vanitas]

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   
I have been dealing with extreme insomnia all week.
Sometimes sleeping pills wont even work.
I do not think I am so stressed that insomnia would overtake the pills.
Very odd indeed.

On an unrelated note I did catch a strong whiff of cigarette smoke yesterday even though there was no one around. I don't think it abnormal, just that you mentioned it as well.

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by shadow watcher

It's only speculation, of course, but if the space where you were has often been smoked in, there is a possibility that some change in temperature, for example, released the smell of the smoke embedded in curtains or furniture.

A smell of burning (not cigarettes), on the other hand, could be a symptom of an impending stroke. (I only mention this because it was mentioned earlier in the thread.)

As for insomnia, I am sure we have all seen there are periods when many people, even those who usually fall asleep as soon as they hit the bed, cannot sleep. It must be due to some environmental influences - perhaps even planets, as some say. (I am not particularly convinced by it - but, in truth, who knows?)

Myself, I would be more flabbergasted if I did fall asleep...
Usually, it takes at least 30 hours of sleeplessness AND a sledge hammer to put me to sleep.

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 08:09 PM
link   
ahh yes a sledge-hammer! I wish I had a better grip on the insomnia. I need to be firing on all cylinders at work. My bet is that it has something to do with the changing seasons.
Actually the smoke was outside, like I said, I thought nothing of it other than the fact that no one was around. Probably a lit butt in a crevice smoldering.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 03:43 AM
link   

Just a little brainstorm, to consider the possibility of the playlist being in repeat mode:

1) You said you tried to sleep at 4:30am
2) Next time reference pointed to 7:30am
3) The playlist had 30 items on it

Do you know the exact full length of the playlist ? You said each song had around 4:00 minutes, but it would help to know the *exact* length of the playlist (which should not be hard to calculate since you have access to the list).

Between 4:30 and 7:30 we have 3 hours, or 180 minutes.
Since it was playing the 4th tune when you "woke up", then we might consider that the playlist repeated itself N times and then played 3 and half items (so it was kinda like in the middle of the 4th song).

Then we take the full 180 minutes and divide by the number of songs played (33.5):

((180 * 60) / 33.5) = 322 seconds, or 5:22 per song on average.

That is, assuming that the playlist played itself only one time. Now, assuming that it played itself two times, then landed on the fourth track, which means that 63.5 tracks played in 180 minutes:

((180 * 60) / 63.5) = 170 seconds, or 2:50 per song on average.

So check the playlist, sum up the *exact* duration of the playlist, divide by the number of tracks (30) and see if you come up with either 5:22 minutes or 2:50 minutes as the average duration of each track. If you do, then chances are that you just fell asleep and woke up after the playlist had somehow played itself over (and that is also assuming that it played itself without hiccups like buffering times and not taking into consideration page refresh times, sound load times, etc between each song).

Good luck!

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 08:03 AM
link   
For those wondering we already established this was a problem with Youtube service interuption. the playlist is a single track repeated that is 4:48 in length and no.. youtube will not repeat and was not shuffled.
This part is solved.

I am currently dealing with bigger problems. I have to try and put up a shield of light around my home as there is a dark form that keeps appearing over myself and one of my daughters that the other sees while we sleep. I just woke up with it over me and could not breathe for a couple seconds. There are no smokers in this home and we have been here more than a year. This smell is only detected by a couple of people .. the rest cannot smell it at all. for those that can it is overpowering and hard to deal with. I tire of dealing with these things and if my husband was not so stubborn would have brought in outside help a long time ago. I do not like to communicate with spirits.
I just don't like doing it.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Interesting!

Try recording it, perhaps you might catch something visible on video that might give us a clue to the nature of this thing. How frequently is it seen ?
Does it happen only in your house, or when you sleep in other places too ?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join