It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What does "Hope and Change" mean to you?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 09:03 PM
link   
I know that everybody has heard these words when Obama was speaking about them in his campaign. I was wondering what everybody thought he was talking about.

Personally, I was hopeing for less government, repeal of the patriot act, finish the wars (either leave or win), holding politicians feet to the fire, not taking ANY money from lobbyist or having them in his admin, no more signing bills with thousands of earmarks and some transparency to what is actually going on.

Im just wondering what everybody thinks when a politician, not just Obama, says that they will go to D.C. to "change their evil ways". Almost every politician says something along those lines and Im wondering what people's ideas of change are?

Please try not to argue about whether someones policy is right or wrong or how to implement said policy. There are plenty of other threads around that it can be done in. Just trying to figure out a general consensus for what people think when they think about change in washington.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by dizzie56

My apologies, as I didn't fall for it, and since he was such a mystery, there's no way I could vote for him.

The change has apparently begun to manifest itself, though. Higher taxes to the point of breaking the taxpayers to be unable to make mortgages, creating hundreds of thousands of homeless, the disappearance of capital, the dismemberment of banking - the source of capital, the crushing of our automobile industry to eliminate that accumulation of investment and capital, and the overall transition to a Marxist state.

The same thing both Russia and Communist China warned us about becoming.

Oh yeah, we've changed alright.

We've gone from the Penthouse, to the outhouse.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by dizzie56

What does "Hope and Change" mean to you? I know that everybody has heard these words when Obama was speaking about them in his campaign. I was wondering what everybody thought he was talking about. Personally, I was hopeing for less government, repeal of the patriot act, finish the wars (either leave or win), holding politicians feet to the fire, not taking ANY money from lobbyist or having them in his admin, no more signing bills with thousands of earmarks and some transparency to what is actually going on.

Your quote above indicates why Obama was so successful in hoodwinking so many people.
Obama never explained what HE MEANT with the "hope and change" routine. As a result, everyone took it to mean whatever THEY HOPED he would change. It was a brilliant, but devious ploy- getting people to assign their hopes to Obama's list of changes.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 09:47 PM
link   
im just wonderin what people think when they hear about change in washington? what do people really want changed so bad that the majority of americans would like to see?

I didnt vote for Obama, nor do I like his policies. But he did have a clever ploy in not defining what his "hope and change meant" outright. But he isnt really the issue here. I just brought him up so people could identify with somebody/something a little more. So what does everybody want to see be changed in washington?

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Hope and change...hope and change...
lately I have been hopeing I have some change for a burger. heh...business is rough.

ok, my thoughts and concerns pre-election and those codewords

Change -
Change the world looks at and see's America...this is a check, world has a more favorable view of the US now
Change the secrecy of the Government where it doesnt need to be - this is a iffy area...no, they are not even remotely close to where I am at, but they do let more stuff out and some would say Obama talks too much to the press.

Hope we leave Iraq - still waiting, but it was said 16-18 months for total withdrawl, so too early.

Hope we get the economy back to a semi normal state - currently on that rollercoaster

Hope of ET disclosure - meh, I can hope for stuff not promised.

Change the patriot act...aka, remove almost all aspects of it asap...so far a fail.

Hope for affordable health care - the most depressing part of this is that Obama in my eyes, not just Obama, but many of the top Dems are absolute wimps...they have the votes, they have the power, they have the population support, but they are too fearful to do it for god knows what reason. Such weakness has really made me rethink my support for the blue frankly...weak idealism is not my idea of a party ready to lead.

Change our views on education and "elitism" being for some reason a bad word...this is a ongoing process I guess so will give that a C grade.

So...my general thoughts are that this administration are cowering fruitloops whom are more busy tiptoeing around and pretending they dont have power than what they should be. I am disenchanted with how it turned out, however, I generally dont make final decisions until the 3rd year has ended...by year 3, if they dont have their s%$t together by then, then they need to leave. Will vote independent.

new topics

top topics

join