It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alistair Darling clashes with Mervyn King and Goldman Sachs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Interesting articles, but what interested me are the comments from Mervyn King of the Bank of England..

Last night, Mr King told Scottish business leaders in Edinburgh that banks needed to be broken up to prevent them becoming "too important to fail".

Times Online

Gordon Brown slapped down the Bank of England governor today after he attacked Labour's failure to reform the banking system.

The Prime Minister rejected Mervyn King's suggestion of separating High Street banks' retail and investment arms.

Mr King stunned ministers last night by claiming the Government's refusal to do so could cause an even worse financial crisis than last year.

Daily Mail

I'm curious as to what is driving this division between the BoE and the Government?

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Smoke and mirrors.

They need to convince the public that there are disagreements between them, when in fact, the BoE owns the government and the government will do whatever it is told to do by the wealthy elite of this country.

I simply do not trust a single word any of them say. Whatever happens, whatever they say, the public are being screwed by already wealthy people. That's the basic fact here, however you look at it and however it is spun.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

I do agree we are screwed by the elite who ever they are right now.

I worked at the BoE some years ago (as a contractor), and got the feeling during my time there that some did not like the fact they do not own all the companies that they used to.. e.g. just inside the main door is a list of companies the BoE did own.. I mean always wondered why someone would create a massive we owned x y and z list and put it in a place where you only see it as you leave the building (a building that is pretty much restricted to staff only)

So I always thought there was some animosity at being nationalised running at some level throughout the BoE, but could never put my finger on it.. I guess that lends itself to your theory, but still I am not sure..

new topics

join