It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The British DNA Denial

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Traumatised by a sex attack in a park, a teenage girl was at least comforted by the likelihood the man would be identified by DNA.

Priya Francome-Wood, 17, had kicked and struggled free after he lay on top of her.

Police said they were in no doubt she had managed to escape a serious sex attack.

They took away her skirt and T-shirt, telling her 'a surprising amount of DNA' can be transferred in such cases.

But five days later Miss Francome-Wood's hopes were shattered by a phone call from police in Bournemouth, where she was attacked during a weekend visit to a friend.

To her horror, they said they could not justify spending £500 on DNA testing.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 11:12 AM
link   
outragous, its the usual story in the uk, the police really dont give a f**k as long as they have the figures

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by eldard

A few weeks ago I took a drive to a petrol station for some fuel on a saturday evening.

At the petrol station there was 3 drunk men standing at the kiosk outside waiting to be served hot food.

A black car sped up and 5 guys got out, ran over and dragged the drunk men over to the petrol pumps, beat the living daylights out of them and began strangling one of them with the petrol pump. I got out the car and made a run for these guys with my wheel rench. They jumped in the car and sped off leaving the guys messed up very badly.

The whole time there was a police car sitting opposite the petrol station watching this and doing absolutely nothing at all.

I helped some of the men to their feet and backed off as they were that disorientated they began trying to hit me. I drove off and turned around to check they were ok and surprise, surprise, they were being arrested further down the street yet they never attacked anyone.

I really do wonder at times.

Personally I trust the wrench more than I trust the police and everything I come across gives me more certainty.

A uniform does not change anyone.

[edit on 21-10-2009 by XXXN3O]

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by eldard
The British DNA Denial

OP, I have to ask, was there a reason as to why you changed the headline of the story as it appears on the Daily Mail web site? The alternative one you've created seems a little more 'inflammatory' than necessary.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 11:37 AM
link   
I was attacked by a guy trying to steal my vehicle in a Canadian City a few years ago. I was able to fight the guy off and hit him in the nose. The whole thing was caught on video by the hotel cameras of the parking lot. The guy left a big bloody hand print on the vehicle beside mine. During the fight he also dropped a screw driver he tried to stab me wife and his sun glasses. The cops said it was too expensive to either pull prints or DNA from the blood, so they did neither. When I asked I was told I watch too much CSI ( I don't).

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   
This does seem to be more common now.

No one pulls prints anymore for anything.

I don't get it. Are they saying that police 50 years ago could do things that they simply cannot now? We've REGRESSED?

Expecting them to break out the computer simulations for every crime is not going to happen. Expecting them to run simple tests that have been done for more than a century? Yeah, that ain't CSI.

Governments and police forces need to review - the people give away their right to vengenance and in some amount their personal protection, in order to facilitate justice. When justice will not be served, then that RIGHT RETURNS TO US. Justice will be served.

[edit on 2009/10/21 by Aeons]

new topics

top topics

join