It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientific Fact

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by chiron613

The problem with punctuated equilibrium is that it cannot demonstrate the mechanisms by which the massive amount of
information is produced. The evidence of earth changes that parallel the sudden explosions of new life don't adequately explain all the new information.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by pieman

i never said i had a problem with any observations or theories of a process. i said i call people "evolutionist" because they treat evolution as an article of faith. i couldn't comprehend your question because i had no idea what it was related to.

We'll just ignore the first statement for now and discuss the term alone. The observation of one species evolving into another species is not a matter of faith, it's an actual observation that lead to the development of a theory that attempts to explain how that process works.

i have no idea what you're saying here.

Well that much is certainly clear! You claim English is your first language, yet call into question my ability to converse in the language and you can't even show proper punctuation. To top that off, your argument appears to be born from either a lack of understanding the theory or a blatant misunderstanding of the theory. I haven't decided which it is yet.

actually, i'm just going to back away slowly, i'm wasting my time and i think you're getting a bit upset.

Upset huh? Appears you don't know how to read emotional responses properly either. If anything, you've been the one getting all up in a bind over this. Go ahead, back away. Maybe take that time to review a few websites on Evolutionary Theory and some new articles discussing the observations of evolution in the wild. Hopefully you'll learn something and I do apologize if I am not the best of teachers. It's not my profession and to be honest, I don't know *how to teach* anyone anything, let alone a complex theory describing an observation occurring in nature.

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join