It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How have we not been attacked?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 05:45 AM
link   
This may be a late at night post...

But still something on my mind, and I'll be okay if this is deleted or moved

I'm just curious to how the USA has not been attacked yet.

It's been eight long years, and no attack yet.

To me, with, the Great and Incompetent Napolatino in Charge of Homeland Security.

That we have had to of had an attack by now.

Just looking around, you would tend to believe, that, the Administration, (not just because the president is half black or whatever) is aiming for another attack, it seems like they couldn't open the walls enough to have us bombarded.

They seem, just fine with, well not fine but persistent in making sure the borders between Mexico and the USA, are as open as possible.

I don't think it'd be all that hard for a real operative to attack the USA, we're fairly vulnerable.

Just a simple boat sent to Mexico, then brought up through the mexico into america, with several operatives into the USA in several places, we'd be sitting ducks.

But to Janet Napolitano they'd be screwed if they tried to come through Canada!

I just feel that if anyone wanted to harm the USA, they'd of done it by now, it'd be practically easy.

Unless they wanted to really organize it. and go for optimal annihilation, which I doubt. They would of attacked us by now.

Any other reasons we haven't been attacked?

I don't want or condone any attacks on the USA, just wonder why the Gov't makes it so easy for us to be a target?

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 05:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Republican08

You expect an attack because you believe the worlds most expensive intelligent service and the world's most expensive defense system failed against the world's poorest nation. But then again I'm only assuming what you believe.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 05:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Republican08
How have we not been attacked?

I'm working on it but I'm only allowed out on weekends and even then it's with a nurse. However, when my death ray is finally complete I will hold American to ransom for all the gold in the world! We'll see how much criticism is 'too much' criticism, America! Hahahahhahahah!

EDIT to add: Mr NSA man, this is a poor attempt at what we British call (and spell) humour. I am not in the process of building a 'death ray', nor have I in the past and nor do I plan to in the future. I do not associate with people who are a death ray building process either.

However, as a disclaimer, I do know Muslims, communists and my partner's family is from an country that was once a Soviet State and when I play the 'Escape from Colditz' board game, I'd rather be anyone, even the Germans, than play be Americans.

[edit on 21-10-2009 by Merriman Weir]

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by oozyism

You expect an attack because you believe the worlds most expensive intelligent service and the world's most expensive defense system failed against the world's poorest nation. But then again I'm only assuming what you believe.

Let me put this first, I respect you oozy. don't know why your not on my friends list...

I think we may be the most expensive but not the most intelligent.

I think, if all else fails of 9/11 theories, we asked for it, more then anything.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 06:10 AM
link   

I put my opinion forward for people to see and to discuss it with me, I have changed my mind many times and taken different roots which paints the truth more accurately but at the moment I'm stuck into believing the probability rather than a government which has lied to the world about the second war pretext. Keeping that in mind the probability of the first war pretext based on lies rises to a level for me to take in to consideration.

Thanks for the respect, I respect you too and your opinion.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 06:37 AM
link   

I have changed my mind many times

Not to derail the thread, just wanted to comment on your statement.

I've always considered it a sign of intelligence that a person will change his mind based on new facts/evidence/thoughts being presented .

@ Republican08

Ain't that the truth !!! Especially the part about the southern border.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 06:47 AM
link   
We have not been attacked again because there is no need. The first attacks got us to Afghanistan, and we are already in Iraq, so why would we need another? When people start realizing that the government is not helping the current situation, then there will be another attack to make us 'come together in this time of crisis'...

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 06:47 AM
link   
double post

[edit on 21-10-2009 by fleetlord]

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 06:48 AM
link   
i agree, there is no need for another attack

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Probably the main reason we haven't been attacked, is for the same reason we hadn't been attacked previous to 9/11. Attacks against us just aren't that common. There just aren't that many extremists who are sufficiently motivated, and sufficiently capable, of attacking the US. Never were before. The only reason we've got most of those extremists now is because of our wars against innocent civilians. But those angry people just can't reach us.

Since 9/11, we have lost, perhaps, 10,000 people to terror. That's including those killed on 9/11, our various soldiers who have died in the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq, and some others who may have been killed through terror - say, people who were kidnapped and beheaded, for example. Around 10,000, give or take.

We lose more than that every year to flu. We lose more than that to auto accidents. We've lost more of our soldiers to suicide resulting from PTSD, than from the wars themselves. Each year.

We've lost millions to heart disease, cancer, stroke, obesity, all diseases that we can do something about. McDonald's has killed more people than Al Qaeda.

Why would anyone need to attack the US? We're busy killing ourselves.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 08:39 AM
link   
There are attacks all over the place. I don't know why the recent terror/suicide attacks in India, Pakistan, and Iran have already been forgotten. It sure hasn't been a quiet 8 years for the rest of the world.

I think it is very easy for people to expect certain things based on a 2-year or 4-year cycle (coincides with election cycles). It is a partisan/myopic approach to fear and threat analysis.

The enemies of America operate on a different time schedule. They're not constrained or motivated by policy changes, voting, office holders, or national boundaries.

If you want to learn about what motivates an enemy, study the culture of the enemy.

Incidentally, multiple countries are attacking the US dollar which has weakened the United States more in the past 8 years than any single act of physical terror.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 09:09 AM
link   

We haven't been attacked in 8 years because the last attack has been such a phenomenal success. It's not a war of annihilation, but one to force change, and force change it did. The attack has caused us to turn on ourselves, and limit our freedoms in the name of security. For now the anti-freedom fighters have won, there's no need for them to waste energy on another attack, for now.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by SpacePunk

Do you ever ask Why? Or do you just allow the media to bring forth scatter images to form an image which is not even related to the actual one, then you sink it all in like a sponge. I mean common, 'anti freedom fighters'. Are you kidding me...

[edit on 21-10-2009 by oozyism]

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 09:23 AM
link   

reply to post by SpacePunk

Do you ever ask Why? Or do you just allow the media to bring forth scatter images to form an image which is not even related to the actual one, then you sink it all in like a sponge. I mean common, 'anti freedom fighters'. Are you kidding me...

[edit on 21-10-2009 by oozyism]

That's what they are. Oh, I could have used the old tired 'terrorist' descriptor, but that's not what they are about. They want to change their 'enemies' way of life so it is as restrictive as their own. I used 'anti-freedom fighter' because they do not fight for freedom of any sort, there's no noble objective, no grand ideal other than to force us into becoming more like them. The sooner we admit that they won that battle, the sooner we can correct our bad decision to give in to them, and get back to being the way we were before the attack. Even though there were lives lost, the main strike from the attack was psychological, social, and cultural.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 09:47 AM
link   
The reason we have not been attacked is because of two men, George W. Bush and Dick Cheney. The strong and decisive action they took, including the necessary invasions of Iraq and Afghanistan, sent a message to the terrorists that America was not about to tolerate another attack.

The Patriot Act and the strengthening of US intelligence capabilities, along with giving them a freer had to operate, has prevented countless other attacks from taking place. The information we got from the terrorists at GitMo, the intelligence bonanza of the Iraqi Sadam data and other such operations have enabled us to thwart subsequent attacks.

However, those days are over now. The current administration is painting a bulls eye on the back of the average American and it will only be a matter of time before we see multiple 9-11 type attacks.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by superrat
The reason we have not been attacked is because of two men, George W. Bush and Dick Cheney. The strong and decisive action they took, including the necessary invasions of Iraq and Afghanistan, sent a message to the terrorists that America was not about to tolerate another attack.

That sounds almost as if it were lifted out of a Republican party memo.

The Patriot Act and the strengthening of US intelligence capabilities, along with giving them a freer had to operate, has prevented countless other attacks from taking place. The information we got from the terrorists at GitMo, the intelligence bonanza of the Iraqi Sadam data and other such operations have enabled us to thwart subsequent attacks.

Lets see some hard data to back that up. 'countless' is as useful as a box of rocks.

However, those days are over now. The current administration is painting a bulls eye on the back of the average American and it will only be a matter of time before we see multiple 9-11 type attacks.

Being free is not without it's dangers. I, for one, readily accept those dangers, and won't let fear of those dangers rule my life. They want you to be afraid, they want you to fear that 'next attack'. That way you are more than willing to give up more freedoms for perceived safety.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpacePunk

That's what they are. Oh, I could have used the old tired 'terrorist' descriptor, but that's not what they are about. They want to change their 'enemies' way of life so it is as restrictive as their own. I used 'anti-freedom fighter' because they do not fight for freedom of any sort, there's no noble objective, no grand ideal other than to force us into becoming more like them. The sooner we admit that they won that battle, the sooner we can correct our bad decision to give in to them, and get back to being the way we were before the attack. Even though there were lives lost, the main strike from the attack was psychological, social, and cultural.

Here is the thing you should really take a moment on thinking, you are mixing their religiouse beliefs with their motives of attack. See they told the world already what they want, and it wasn't to change the west to become more restrictive, this is an assumption you and your fellow collegues in the pentagon are making due to their faith. The thing is, pentagon gains something by pushing this assumption forward, yet you don't.

If you are not willing to find the root cause of the problem it will never be fixed, hey look around, those "anti-freedom" fighters are still the problem? Why do you suppose that is? Because America is not willing to compromise the control over the middle east resources, they believe they have more right to control those resources than the people who live in that land. Here is an example: The Shah of Iran.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Perhaps because the entire "Threat" and the "war on terror" are just tools to keep people in fear and pass through new and controlling legislation.

Were we ever really attacked?

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Republican, be patient.

I don't think this deal is over yet.

Our current administration is BEGGING for another attack, and God forbid, it's likely going to be much more widespread and continuous than the last time.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 07:32 PM
link   
We're fighting them there so we won't have to fight them here.

In case you have not been paying attention they nabbed 2 guys who thought" they were planning attacks with some fellow terrorists that turned out to be feds.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join