It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AT&T Boss Asks Employees to Fake It

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

...I just am amazed that the FCC and the Telecom's think they have a say in this, they are NOT citizens or people even. They are buildings of brick full of paperwork. People come and go, but the organization remains the same.

Our legislators gave corporate entities defacto citizenship. They may not reasonably have a right to do this, but they legally do.

If you can get them to address that, you'll have gotten somewhere in the salvation of the Republic.

The people that are coming and going are corporate representatives of private industry, and for the most part..., it's usually the same one's; the power of the 'political appointment' at work!

Business cartels have monopolized the regulatory process.... it's been the one engendered - actively nurtured - aspect of government, for the last century or so.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 04:54 PM
link   
The FCC is the overlord of all communications in America. During war time the government can take over all communications and those not willing to go along will loose their licenses. Unfortunately the people have to worry about the government and corporate America because both do not have the best interest of the people at heart. We the people are screwed either way. Pick your poison. I personally would rather have an open and free internet in which to communicate so the FCC get's my vote in keeping corporate America from compartmentalizing the internet in which information is not free anymore, you have to pay them in order to access information on their networks.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by grover

Its not the same thing. Net neutrality is allot more loaded and will ultimately be the demise of freedom on the net.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars
Our legislators gave corporate entities defacto citizenship. They may not reasonably have a right to do this, but they legally do.

Actually the supreme court did that in the middle of the 19th century.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by grover

Originally posted by Maxmars

Actually the supreme court did that in the middle of the 19th century.

I stand corrected!

Technicalities aside, the big Corporations began taking ownership of the planet from that point forward.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by grover
reply to post by muzzleflash

A star for you. I still find it amazing that people will support corporate power grabs even when they lose...without net neutrality you really will have nothing but propaganda for news.

and by the way this has nothing to do with Obama...get it through your heads he is not the embodiment of evil...and I do not love or worship ANY politician...

this issue first reared its ugly little head several years ago and the final decision happens to fall under Obama's watch but that is all.

ATT, comcast etc do not own the internet but if they have their way, they will.

[edit on 20-10-2009 by grover]

YOU ARE 100% INCORRECT!

Net neutrality is a subversive weapon AGAINST internet freedom - get the government OUT of the internet - if you allow them ANY power, they will abuse it.

They should have NO AUTHORITY over the internet.

Net Neutrality - doesn't it sound like a positive? Yeah it does - but its a LIE - VOTE AGAINST IT - email against it - you do NOT want to give the government any authority over the net.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash

I just am amazed that the FCC and the Telecom's think they have a say in this, they are NOT citizens or people even. They are buildings of brick full of paperwork. People come and go, but the organization remains the same.

Only people have a right to make a comment, not corporations, that is why AT+T is asking it's employees to speak as citizens.Because only citizens have a say here.

So let's outnumber them!

You are being manipulated by the words "Net Neutrality" - it means nothing of the sort - it means handing control of the internet over to the NWO.

The internet is working FINE as it is now - we need no new rules - we need no interference - leave it ALONE!

If you think that corporations should not have a say - then I'm affraid you have no say - because you are also a corporation - who is owned by the corporation of the USA. Your birth certificate is owned by them, and that is a title deed to your flesh and blood - you are a slave.

There is ONLY commercial law in America - you are subject to law because you admit that you are the director of the named corporation - ie. when you admit to your name, then you give them legal power over you.

A 'person' is a legal fiction - its a corporation - without a flesh and blood human being to represent it, it cannot be prosecuted. When you admit that you represent the corporation - then you may be prosecuted.

Every person in every western country needs to understand this concept - they own us - we are slaves - only by refusing to represent their legal fiction (of our names) then we cannot be prosecuted by their filthy laws.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Interesting headline Grover.

I had an image of the "Harry met Sally" diner scene.

I'm inclined to agree that the corporations should have no say in the way we communicate and get our news.

At the same time I'm not at all confident in the ability of any administration to actually monitor or control what is the "truth" or actually remain neutral.

We have NOBODY in government that is neutral and damn few that are honest.

I'd rather sift through a giant pile of crap to find a tiny scrap of real news than to have a government hand me a nice tidy stack of lies.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by badgerprints
I'd rather sift through a giant pile of crap to find a tiny scrap of real news than to have a government hand me a nice tidy stack of lies.

Couldn't say it better myself.

Absolutely right.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join