It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Ten Most Egregious Fox News Distortions (VIDEO)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   

The Ten Most Egregious Fox News Distortions (VIDEO)

www.huffingtonpost.com

Fox News has defended itself against administration criticism by saying the White House has confused its pundit shows with its news programs. But the network constantly, misleadingly disparages Obama and his administration in its supposedly straight reporting. Here are the ten of the worst examples; there are many more.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Wading through faux news stories is a lot like wading for merde' (look merde' up...hint its French) if only because they call themselves fair and balanced even when it's obvious that they are not...and before someone brings up Keith Obermann...he doesn't pass himself off as a reporter or his show anything other than commentary.

So here without further adiu is faux's stinkiest merde'.

Bill Hemmer Accuses Obama "Czar" Of Condoning Statutory Rape

Bill Hemmer reported that Department of Education official Kevin Jennings knew of a "statutory rape" case involving a 15-year-old student but "never reported it." In fact, the student was above the age of consent.

Read more at: www.huffingtonpost.com...

Fox News Crops Biden Dishonestly

In March, Fox News's Martha MacCallum presented a clip of Vice President Joe Biden saying "the fundamentals of the economy are strong" -- and presented it as from an interview that weekend. In fact, the clip came from a 2008 campaign event at which Biden was quoting Sen. John McCain.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

Fox News Deceptively Crops Obama On Health Care

In April, Fox News's Wendell Goler reported on an Obama question-and-answer session that was cut short to make it seem as if the president wanted a health care system "like the European countries." In fact, he was just restating a question -- he went on to say that he opposed such a system.

Megyn Kelly Accuses Sonia Sotomayor Of "Reverse Racism"

In April, Fox News anchor Megyn Kelly described a "problematic" remark by Supreme Court nominee Sonia Sotomayor as "reverse racism" and said it sounded like she thought "that Latina judges are obviously better than white male judges."

Fox News Passes Off Republican Talking Points As Its Own Reporting

In May, Fox News's Jon Scott said the network had decided to look back on how the stimulus "grew, and grew, and grew." In fact, the entire report came from a Senate Republican Communications Center press release, complete with typo.

Fox News Misleads On PATRIOT Act

In October, Fox News's Trace Gallagher and Bill Sammon claimed that Senate Democrats would like provisions of the PATRIOT Act that helped catch a suspected terrorist to "go bye-bye." It was a total distortion of both the proposed changes and the terror case.

Chris Wallace Promotes "Death Book" Smear

Wallace had a former Bush administration aide Jim Towey as a guest on "Fox News Sunday" in August and together they pushed numerous falsehoods about a Veterans Affairs administration pamphlet on end-of-life issues.

Fox News Anchor Calls Obama Fist Bump A "Terrorist Fist Jab"

On the news show "America's Pulse," E.D. Hill described Barack and Michelle Obama's fist bump at a campaign event last summer as a "terrorist fist jab." She later apologized and claimed that was how it had been "characterized in the media."

Fox News Makes Up Math

In a segment on Obama's budget in April, the network claimed it was four times bigger than President Bush's costliest plan. That simply isn't true.

Fox News Promotes Tea Party Protests

Fox News reporters constantly promoted the Tea Party movement and also lied about coverage of the September Tea Party march on Washington in an ad. The network completely ignored an equally large gay-rights march in October.

www.huffingtonpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Hi grover with the wolf-dog

just kiddin

No but I know that you are a strong dem supporter despite both them being of the same party "the republicrats"

Fox News = MSNBC = Huffington Post

they are all one in the same bro

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Personally being from uk, seeing all your news stations, they are all just as bad as one another.

Obama will just give fox better ratings lol. Msnbc has just replaced fox now oabma is in, in the category of most biased we are the presidents vaseline, to play in a hole.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Fox tells certain things to keep its cover kept, but it still leaves out the most important issues such as the fact that Israel dictates our foreign policies, our economy is almost totally destroyed and the federal reserve is raping the american public.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Obama and his team have more important things to do than spar with faux news but then faux is so blatant in its bias it cannot even call itself news without snickering to itself.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   
This is a documentary kinda in a michael moore style that shows how awful Fox is. Watch all the trailers. Makes you wonder how anyone watches this garbage.

www.outfoxed.com

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by grover
Obama and his team have more important things to do than spar with faux news

Really?
They could have fooled me

daily insults from the white house = no time on their hands??

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Wow, I didn't know about the Joe Biden crop! That's pretty foul. My favorite of all time has got to be the "terrorist fist jab"!
That's classic. You can't make this stuff up!

FOX is entertaining. That's for sure.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Let me get this straight, you are using huffington post as your source? So a left wing, extreme liberal smear and hate site is your source for stuff knocking Fox News. Seems that the Democratic excuse machine is going into overdrive trying to cover up all those times the Democrat puppets are not staying on message and letting the truth slip out.

I guess your biases are showing a little too much comrade. Perhaps you should try a bit of fair and balanced without it being filtered through the distortion of the left wing spin machine. Have you ever even seen any Fox News?

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 02:56 PM
link   
The NEWS Station who is without sin may cast the first stone...

They all are committing these crimes against us... One is not better than the other.

Something I heard a long time ago... Take the best... Discard the rest!

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
This is a documentary kinda in a michael moore style that shows how awful Fox is. Watch all the trailers. Makes you wonder how anyone watches this garbage.

www.outfoxed.com

Well that did it for me - you should have NEVER mentioned Michael 'media whore' Moore in the same sentence as something you WANTED me to watch - if its ANYTHING like the absolute CRAP he spews then count me out.

Good day...

I said GOOD DAY SIR!

Dorian Soran

link   

www.outfoxed.com

You have to ask yourself who funds this crap? I suspect that you will find some interesting left wing money behind this. It's a favorite liberal trick -- dress up your talking points in a self righteous pseudo documentary to evoke the sympathy of the masses.

link   
Sorry -- I seem to be double posting.

[edit on 20-10-2009 by superrat]

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by x2Strongx
The NEWS Station who is without sin may cast the first stone...

I like that line...a star for you.

But you see faux news isn't.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by superrat

Regardless of the source, the information is true. Please provide counter evidence if you have it.

And of course it's going to be a liberal site to run this story...do you think Fox would point out it's own mistakes and fraud?
A better way to response to this thread would have been to give examples that the liberal media is guilty as well, instead of just moaning about the source and not even denying the information.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Dorian Soran

If you took a moment to actualy read my post, it said a Michael Moore style documentary. MM had nothing to do with it.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by superrat

Really, is that the best you can do? Anyone can be funding it. Your just guessing. For all you know journalists(who think Fox is the the biggest joke) could be funding it.

But it is really hard to argue what is shown in teh clips. Some points are just outright disgusting. With or without a documnetary format.

Jon Stewart kills fox all the time.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   
I love how this shows all the msm and the hoopla of swine flu. And how Glenn Beck terrorizes people about it but then turns around and won't say whether he is getting it or not.

jon stewart msm and swine flu

This one is CLASSIC

poll bearers

enough said

jon stewart

And this is a perfect example!, How JS shows major Fox double standards and hypocrisy.

The New Liberals

[edit on 20-10-2009 by nixie_nox]

[edit on 20-10-2009 by nixie_nox]

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 09:29 PM
link   

reply to post by Dorian Soran

If you took a moment to actualy read my post, it said a Michael Moore style documentary. MM had nothing to do with it.

Ahhh my good friend it is YOU who needs to RE-READ my post - I said if its anything LIKE the crap Michael Moore puts out - not WHAT he does but LIKE he does.

Oh the english language can be such a trickster at times eh?\

Feel free to re-read at any point.

Dorian Soran

top topics

<<   2 >>

join