It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House Discussing Fox News (READ : Beck & Hannity)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by drsmooth23

Originally posted by Anjin

It's pretty sad that the White House cannot tell the difference between opinion shows and news programming.

what i find sad is that a news network even goes for opinions.

ANY student of journalism will tell you that facts are king. your supposed to present FACTS and let the viewer decide to form an opinion all on their own.

Indeed! Most people don't want to admit they are stupid or ill-informed. These days is especially true.

Their (TPTB) dumbing down program has been successful over the last 2-3 decades. People desperately need help understanding the big picture.

At least until we all get up to speed.

Look at the statistics of ignorance in this country. HS grads can't name gov't branches, or find South America on a map, or even, dare I say, think that Africa is a country (or can see Russia from their kitchen window
Nothing personal SP.)

America is desperate for Glenn Beck's and Hannity's just ask Sen. Rockefeller.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Here is just one example of how Fox (Hannity) distort, lie, edit, or change wording.... watch this vid Fox News lovers. This is the kind of crap non-Fox viewers hate about them. It is not a mistake that they make, it is intentional, every time!

www.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by drsmooth23

Originally posted by Anjin

It's pretty sad that the White House cannot tell the difference between opinion shows and news programming.

what i find sad is that a news network even goes for opinions.

ANY student of journalism will tell you that facts are king. your supposed to present FACTS and let the viewer decide to form an opinion all on their own.

Journalism died. Or maybe I should say journalism careers are extinct. What we now commonly call news is merely opinionated entertainment.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   
[edit on 20-10-2009 by 12GaugePermissionSlip]

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Look at the statistics of ignorance in this country. HS grads can't name gov't branches, or find South America on a map, or even, dare I say, think that Africa is a country (or can see Russia from their kitchen window
Nothing personal SP.)

It is true that there are a lot of stupid people in this country and most of them identify themselves as Republicans

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by 12GaugePermissionSlip
Here is just one example of how Fox (Hannity) distort, lie, edit, or change wording.... watch this vid Fox News lovers. This is the kind of crap non-Fox viewers hate about them. It is not a mistake that they make, it is intentional, every time!

www.youtube.com...

Hi, I encourage you to read the entire thread. Especially the part about the difference between opinion shows and news shows.

There is a difference and I am going to make it my mission to 'try' to educate the haters on the differences.

Hannity-opinion show. He has an agenda and I don't think anyone who watches his show takes his opinions as unbiased and neutral.

Olberman-opinion show. He is the liberal version of Hannity on MSNBC.

It's really easy to tell the difference and I hope i've helped in some small way

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Anjin

thank you. if more people took a second to realize this, we'd have less arguing over the news coverage.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by 12GaugePermissionSlip

I see. And intelligence is quantified by slamming the messenger, and not arguing the issues.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. . . . . .

I'll stick with stupid, if it's by YOUR definition.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 09:42 PM
link   
i was watching Glenn beck this afternoon and towards the end of his program he was talking about the white house trying to take away free speech and all like they have been doing for a while now.

but what really caught my attention was when Glenn said something like, "and all that the government needs to do now is sprinkle 'Emergency" into the equation, and we will be forced into a Marxist or communist society."

this then reminded me of all the national attacks on the U.S. / big change posts that are said to happen by the end of the year. if lets say, a bomb went off in D.C., the scary thing is, its not going too far to say the government might take it overboard and enforce a far tighter leash on Americans.

perhaps Glenn also has heard something might happen to the country, and if so, as much as i hate to wander this far out, could this be a turning point for the N.W.O. ?

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by john11235
i was watching Glenn beck this afternoon and towards the end of his program he was talking about the white house trying to take away free speech and all like they have been doing for a while now.

but what really caught my attention was when Glenn said something like, "and all that the government needs to do now is sprinkle 'Emergency" into the equation, and we will be forced into a Marxist or communist society."

this then reminded me of all the national attacks on the U.S. / big change posts that are said to happen by the end of the year. if lets say, a bomb went off in D.C., the scary thing is, its not going too far to say the government might take it overboard and enforce a far tighter leash on Americans.

perhaps Glenn also has heard something might happen to the country, and if so, as much as i hate to wander this far out, could this be a turning point for the N.W.O. ?

No, Beck has been quoting one of the presidential advisors.
Now I have watched Beck for several years now, kind of like before that I would tune into Limbaugh. I may not have always agreed with what the man said, but he did get me to think on issues that needed attention of the people, and to decide for myself if he was valid or not. And if I got tired of such, I changed the channel.
I believe the problem with the current Adminstration in DC, both executive and legislative, is that they are not listening to the people and are not wanting to answer questions that people are asking.
Glenn Beck was correct in one aspect, no other news organization or show, or even opinion show has ever set up a phone, made sure that the White House had the telephone number, that way if they got something wrong they could call and he has even stated that he would correct the mistake on the air.
I recalled when Bush Jr was in office and Beck was hammering him hard on air, Bush took the time to call Glenn into the oval office for a private meeting. Beck made the corrections on air the next day.
The researchers for the Glenn Beck program go through, do the research, and even tell you where to look, if you want to look for yourself.
So I think that the White house turning around and doing what they are doing, is just adding to the discontent of the country.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by mikerussellus
reply to post by drsmooth23

You do know the difference between news and opinion shows, don't you?

Maybe I just read your post wrong

you would have to be pretty daft not to understand the difference, but i will say it again. The Medias role is to PRESENT FACTS and let the public decide how to interpret them.

Having opinion shows on news networks does NOTHING to help anybody, ever.

thats not saying i dont enjoy a good debate, but lets just look at the panelists type show. people who would never be on TV, but they have such MESSED up and distorted views that the networks decide to have round tables with people just as crazy and insane.

I have a HARD time understanding these shows place on a Network that touts itsself as NEWS programing.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 10:52 AM
link   
What do you expect from for-profit corporate news?

They are there to make money, not inform people. The service they provide is akin to a steak dinner where the steak is missing, but there's plenty of sizzle. They goad people into watching for the latest updates and information on why the roof is caving in on our heads, but in reality they are just fear mongering to keep viewers watching.

They aired Michael Jackson's death coverage for 3 weeks strait -- not because that is real news, but because it appeals to the most people, which means high ratings and easy advertising revenue.

It is lowest-common-denominator crap. Not news.

And for all of you people waiting for a "real" news network, you can stop waiting, because there will never be such a network. CNN/FOX/MSNBC will out compete real news services any day of the week. This is the way the masses of idiot Americans want it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join