It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Twitter, works better than an RFID chip!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 01:07 PM
link   
In this day and age people are so worried about being chipped. Verichip this and that but when it comes down to it, what is it designed to do? At the most complex level it's designed to give your location and maybe some environmental details. Data Mining.

Now, enter Twitter. People unknowingly post what they're doing,did or going to do, where they are, who they're with and what they think about things. No chip can broadcast your info and thoughts so well while costing slim to nothing to implement.

I'm not saying Twitter is evil or people shouldn't use it, just be aware of how it can be used. Data mining is a big goal these days, they want to know as much about us as they can, and we're willingly giving it to them with mediums like Facebook and Twitter.

Tweets like:

"Just payed taxes, stupid government. Going to mall with leftover money to buy shoes"

Not only did you give them your opinion, you also gave them your location and buying preferences.I'm sure similar example exist.

Anyway, just some food for thought.

(*Oh and I realize that even posting here it could be analysed, but on this site it's only my OPINION and not hard facts about my personal life. Best part about opinion is it could be different by tomorrow.)

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   
totally agree with you ... twitter/facebook not exactly the boogieman but a big step towards a culture that lives in cyberspace - so easy to track.

when you sign up for facebook (i did recently) one of the first things it prompts you to type, before anything else really, is political views and religious views. hmmmmm. so thats the first thing huh? i guess that makes some sense for a social networking site, but it assumes that you either want to weed out or seek out potential friends based on those two factors (among others obviously, im postulating hypothetically about how facebook might not be a government data mining program. its kinda hard.) i personally have never seen that info presented as obviously as it is on that first sign up form. and i dont care what your religious beliefs are, really, because thats just a conversation piece - interesting no matter how similar or diff yours are from mine. so whos interested in that info?

i post carefully on those sites and use them for proffessional networking exclusively. and funny videos.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 01:30 PM
link   
so as facebook, you find all info from there

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by iNTERPLANETARyR.O.M.E.O.
so whos interested in that info?

Well you got open doors to law enforcement and government agencies. If they suspect you of something Facebook allows them to waltz right in and have a look. Anything you say and post will be used against you.

Ad companies. If they know you're a Muslim, "find local girls/guys in your area" type ads might cater to they're interests. And this doesn't only reside in Facebook, ad companies network too.

and the last, not really all that important as the other two is stockers. For your own safety people are being spied on and well the rest is situation based.

Again not life threatening but most people don't think of these things. I made this thread to raise awareness here at ATS.

top topics

join