It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jundollah, Iran and the USA..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 01:05 PM
link   
This past Sunday there was a suicide attack in Iran that killed some Iranian Revolutionary Guards. Since the attack, Iran has been blaming the USA and Britain for the attacks. The question is, did the USA have any hand in any part of the terrorist bombing in Iran?

Let's rewind time.

Intent: "Bush sanctions 'black ops' against Iran" (May 2007)
www.telegraph.co.uk...

Mr Bush has signed an official document endorsing CIA plans for a propaganda and disinformation campaign intended to destabilise, and eventually topple, the theocratic rule of the mullahs.

Plans include: Currency manipulation to destabilize the economy and sabotage with regards to the Iranian nuclear program.

Links to Organizations: "US funds terror groups to sow chaos in Iran" (Feb. 2007)
www.telegraph.co.uk...

In a move that reflects Washington's growing concern with the failure of diplomatic initiatives, CIA officials are understood to be helping opposition militias among the numerous ethnic minority groups clustered in Iran's border regions.

The operations are controversial because they involve dealing with movements that resort to terrorist methods in pursuit of their grievances against the Iranian regime.

Specific links to Jundullah: "ABC News Exclusive: The Secret War Against Iran" (April 2007)
blogs.abcnews.com...

A Pakistani tribal militant group responsible for a series of deadly guerrilla raids inside Iran has been secretly encouraged and advised by American officials since 2005, U.S. and Pakistani intelligence sources tell ABC News.

The group, called Jundullah, is made up of members of the Baluchi tribe and operates out of the Baluchistan province in Pakistan, just across the border from Iran.

More detail on Clandestine Operations: "Preparing the Battlefield" (July 2008)
www.newyorker.com...

This article is rife with information and is worth taking the time to read the whole thing.

In June 2008 Hersh gave an interview on NPR:
www.npr.org...

-------------------------

Western Media

The role of the media in all of this, is one of ignorance. There is no discussion or analysis of claims made by Tehran, simply acknowledgment that the accusations were made.

www.reuters.com...

TEHRAN, Oct 20 (Reuters) - Iran's military accused the United States and Israel of terrorism as it held a funeral on Tuesday for high-ranking commanders killed in the deadliest attack in the Islamic Republic since the 1980s.

www.guardian.co.uk...

Whenever a militant attack takes place inside Iran, government officials frequently identify Britain or the US as the instigators.

Over the past five years, it has become a standard Iranian position that the Anglo-US alliance is a source of unrest in Sistan-Baluchistan and other provinces.

The media does not need to analyze the accusations because we have been demonizing Iran since at least 2001. By not examining the claim they allow the propaganda they've been feeding the public to fill in the gap: This is simply Iran trying to blame us, since we are picking on them for having a nuclear program.

Reality is relative. There may be an absolute truth to the happenings in the world, but this truth is easily misinterpreted by our brains, our willingness to deceive one another, our desires to control people and populations in order to maintain the current power structure/order of things.

Why doesn't the media dig up past information and reports about the USA funding and seeking to destabilize Iran through covert operations? Because it would prove Iran's allegations of western involvement.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Amazing work Angry Danish! That is some really good investigative work! I just an hour ago posted something that I found on YouTube. I will Link it below. This video shows a direct connection between Iranian terrorism and American intervention in the region. Watch this video because it will show the proof that the U.S.A is operating a proxy war against Iran.

America's Not So Secret War With Iran

LifENcircleS

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by LifENcircleS

Heh, after I posted mine, I looked again at the General Forum and found your post. I just finished watching the video, was a little disappointed that it focused on groups in northern Iran and not the south. It also didn't prove anything beyond a shadow of a doubt, to me. No documents, no confirmations from leaders, no proof of money trails, etc.

I believe the US is performing actions to destabilize the region and I believe that such actions will only ensure our children and grandchildren will be doomed to a life of uncertainty and war, lest we change our ways. America is a beacon of freedom, but we run around the world trying to force people to act the way we want them to act.

Whatever happened to non-interventionist policies? People frequently cite Pearl Harbor as a response to that... At least we won WWII. This perpetual war of preemption is getting out of hand, and we've never really declared war or who our enemies are, other than the ambiguous term of "terrorists" (which, again, is another relative term that can mean ANYONE). As Ron Paul so eloquently put, "Terrorism is a tactic, you can't have a war against a tactic."

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Agreed...The only reason it proved it to me is because of the gut feeling I had to begin with but also it is the way that we operate after all. We have not only admitted to doing such things in the past we make movies about it. i.e. Charlie Wilson's War!!! I agree what happened to non interventionism? Have we lost sight of what happens when we push our ideology on others? Throughout history this has been the end of soo many great civilizations why must we go down this path of failure???

LifENcircleS

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   
I'm just tossing this out there... because, well, I'm silly like that... but is it possible, however unlikely, that the Iranians are using Jundullah to implicate the U.S. and Britain because they dare not reveal dissention in their ranks for fear of encouraging further discontent within their population? I realize that the west's track record of non-intervention is spotty at best so I'm not saying there couldn't have been any involvement, just offering a different possible explanation since, y'know, everyone in Iran absolutely LOVES the Mullahs and their Revolutionary Guard...

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Just putting this out there. Is it possible that the US put this info out there to make Iran think the US is helping Jundullah.

Knowing that Iran will go after Jundullah and the organization will reply in kind.

Just kind of strange that word of this would get out if the US goal was to destabilize Iran. Wouldn't it be kinda difficult to destabilize Iran if Iran were already aware of the plans?

Although I do find it strange the Jundullah organization isn't on the US terrorist organization list.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Hey that's great thinking there! I think you may be on to something. I have been following this for many months and as I stated I fear an all out war, but if the United States is doing this then they are doing a good job at it. However it is likely that this is nothing more than Iranian dissent and they are blaming it on the U.S. and Britain for the simple fact that they do not wish to admit a truth such as this!

LifENcircleS

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by jam321

If the USA had any kind of track record which was contrary to taking part of destabilizing nations, I would be willing to agree with you. Our meddling is too frequent and too far reaching to ignore.

Is it possible that the US put this info out there to make Iran think the US is helping Jundullah.

Sure... I guess. But what would be the point of that? They also put this info out over two and a half years early, not to mention, what if the group didn't do anything of this magnitude?

I can't see Iran doing much cooperating in negotiations from here out. This serves the interests of the military industrial complex, along with various neoconservatives and the desires of Israel (in my opinion they want to get started bombing Iranian nuclear facilities asap). If Iran cooperates and negotiates, Israel and the US will have to allow Iran to continue working on nuclear stuff. I can't imagine how this would be acceptable to either the US or Israel, given what both nations have said and done over the last decade.

new topics

top topics

join