It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Front page of 'Wired' today

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 11:29 AM
link   
so, you should all check this out. The entire front page of 'Wired' magazine today is dedicated to encouraging people to get the H1N1 vaccine.

Articles titled "An Epidemic of Fear: How Panicked Parents Skipping Shots Endangers Us All"
and "How to Win an Argument About Vaccines" and "The Misinformants: Prominent Voices in the Anti-Vaccine Crusade" are right at the very top.

I've always liked 'Wired'-but now am starting to wonder if they are serving an agenda.

What do you all think?

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 11:32 AM
link   
what does H1N have anything to do with technology !!! ?? so yea, it's total agenda push..

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 11:33 AM
link   
that IS strange for WIRED to do. they are usually more unbiased or at least more about technology.
a friend of mine has a colleague at her work that went to the hospital for the flu, got the shot for swine flu and ended up in a coma. lost 6 weeks of work. it came about that he didn't have swine flu, but the other flu type.
she works in a biotech company.

edit: coma

[edit on 10/20/2009 by zooplancton]

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 11:41 AM
link   
WIRED is directly affiliated with the advertising agency known as Condenast, who is expected to have lost over $1 billion this year. Could they have signed a new ad contract with a major vaccine company?

www.newsweek.com...

After months of speculation, the carnage came to Condé Nast earlier this week. The company, one of the nation's three biggest magazine publishers, announced it would close four magazines, including Gourmet, one of the industry's most iconic publications. A NEWSWEEK analysis of industry data provides new evidence of the financial toll that drove that decision: based on estimates of publishing data, Condé Nast could see its ad revenue drop by $1 billion in 2009.

[edit on 20-10-2009 by Vipassana]

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vipassana
WIRED is directly affiliated with the advertising agency known as Condenast, who is expected to have lost over $1 billion this year. Could they have signed a new ad contract with a major vaccine company?

That is a VERY interesting thought. I will look further into this.

Thanks to all who have responded so far!

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots
"The Misinformants: Prominent Voices in the Anti-Vaccine Crusade"

I really think this is hilarious. There is no real motive to oppose the vaccine, nothing to be gained; why be suspicious of a group of people who aren't trying to make millions and millions of dollars? Like, you know, manufacturers of a vaccine?

Even if anti-vaccine people are wrong, they are genuinely interested in trying to do right by people.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 11:54 AM
link   
I was about to make a post about this. So here is the info to document on record this clear propaganda campaign in full swing this morning of Tuesday, October 20, 2009:
files.abovetopsecret.com...
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b4d116aed005.jpg[/atsimg]

The articles:
An Epidemic of Fear: How Panicked Parents Skipping Shots Endangers Us All

H1N1 Flu Shot: 3 Major Fears Debunked

The Misinformants: Prominent Voices in the Anti-Vaccine Crusade

What’s the Real Story on the Vaccine Debate? Learn More

How to Win an Argument About Vaccines

If Wired.com isn't showing their cards right now as being totally owned by the power elite with a major agenda, I don't know what would show it. This is unbelieveable.

Maybe they should call it CIA.com.

[edit on 20-10-2009 by harrytuttle]

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Jeez...you'd think the swine flu was a freakin flesh eating, genital mutilating, blinding, and brain rotting disease...it's obvious all this panic is unnecessary...they are serving a hidden agenda for sure...it hasn't affected me, or anyone I know in the slightest...don't worry...your fine...as long as you don't take the vaccine...

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Honestly I AM going to be angry if we do have some terrible pandemic that could have been averted but wasn't, because of plain old ignorance.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jadette
Honestly I AM going to be angry if we do have some terrible pandemic that could have been averted but wasn't, because of plain old ignorance.

Thing is, if you are worried about it, get the vaccine. If you get it, whether or not I do is of no consequence to you.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Wow. Unbelievable. It is everywhere.

I also saw a documentary on National Geographic, Swine Flu: The Science of Pandemics.

channel.nationalgeographic.com...

The fear they tried to instill was comical to me. And I usually enjoy NGeo.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 12:23 PM
link   
I find it very curious.

First Conde Naste censored its reddit site under pressure from Sears when a reddit member found an exploit on the Sears web site and posted it. There are also members who allege that reddit controls content with spam filters in order to manipulate posts to drop off the first page or just disappear altogether.

Then, GQ, a Conde Naste publication, killed a very controversial story about Putin in the Russian version of GQ and then buried it in the U.S. version:

www.npr.org...

Now this with Wired.

[edit on 20/10/2009 by kosmicjack]

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Okay, I just struck gold following the CondeNast lead. Condenast recently signed a contract with HSBC and the New Yorker magazine, valued at $1 million on the heels (just one week after) of its gloomy economic outlook and shutdown of 4 titles:

Print media ad buy ''a signal of a turnaround'' in advertising, publisher says. Readers of The New Yorker will open the magazine's Oct. 12 money-themed issue and find that the Conde Nast publication has a bit more of the stuff it is writing about. HSBC ( HBC - news - people ) Bank USA is sponsoring the issue, which will feature three different illustrated money-themed covers on each magazine. Within the Conde Nast publication, HSBC ads appear opposite the three covers, inside a cover flap, on the inside back cover facing the popular New Yorker cartoon caption contest page, and on the back cover.

www.forbes.com...

HSBC does have a vaccination investment program:

Every £1,000 you invest will help immunise over 130 children against five life–threatening diseases* The Vaccine Investment Plan and Vaccine Investment ISA are the first of their kind in the UK. Recent changes to ISA regulations have allowed institutions who receive contributions for international humanitarian development projects to issue bonds and other securities that are now capable of being held within an ISA.

www.hsbc.co.uk...

The top guy in all of this is Samuel I. Newhouse, CEO of Advanced Publications INC. He is valued at over $7.5 billion. He is very active in Conde Nast according to the New York times:

Both have a reputation for being shy and reluctant to give interviews. Of late, however, Si Newhouse has become more accessible. ''I try to keep private,'' he said. ''I sometimes succeed and sometimes don't.'' Si Newhouse gets fairly actively involved day to day at Conde Nast, where he is in effect chief executive.

www.nytimes.com...

I feel that this is all connected perhaps by some large Vaccine maker, but I can't figure out which one.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by blujay

GlaxoSmithKline, one of the top H1N1 vaccine makers, is known to collaborate directly with NationalGeo in the construction of shows combined with advertising.

GSK has created programs to run in National Geographic, focusing on its philanthropic projects. These campaigns ran in the print vehicle and on TV, tying the ad messaging with the editorial environment "to give it relevancy and engage the people who come to those properties. That’s why they come to National Geographic," Smith says. Ensuring that ad content works with editorial or programming content "provides a lift for the traditional creative, and we put metrics in place to measure that lift."

www.minonline.com...

To add to this GSK is the top Big pharma advertiser, spending over $2 billion, $387 million of which goes to magazines.

Company: GlaxoSmithKline 2007 Ad Spending: $2.457 billion 2006 Ad Spending: $2.505 billion Breakdown * Magazines: $387 million

www.fiercepharma.com...

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Vipassana

Excellent work Vipassana! And there you have it: Follow the money. Wired has already changed their front page lead articles around so it isn't quite so obvious. I can't believe that a technology website is pushing so many medical articles with such a slant against people speaking out about vaccine poisons.

Actually, now that you've linked the money trail from (vaccine manufacturers-->advertising contracts--->wired.com) it's actually easy to believe: corruption.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Here's another interesting connection:

Peter Layden, the original managing editor of Wired, is the founder of both New Politics Institute, and nextagenda.org(frightening name, if you ask me), is a tech adviser to both Wired and Obama....

Not sure if it means anything, but curious none-the-less

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 01:27 PM
link   

GSK has created programs to run in National Geographic, focusing on its philanthropic projects. These campaigns ran in the print vehicle and on TV, tying the ad messaging with the editorial environment "to give it relevancy and engage the people who come to those properties. That’s why they come to National Geographic," Smith says. Ensuring that ad content works with editorial or programming content "provides a lift for the traditional creative, and we put metrics in place to measure that lift."

I figured something was rotten in Denmark when I saw this. A few other shows raised my eyebrows to NatGeos purpose, but none as much as this one. Thank you for the eye opener.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Okay so the project that HSBC is working with is known as GAVI, an NGO designed to deliver Vaccines around the world. GAVI directly collaborates with some of the top H1N1 vaccine makers:

The Alliance's partners include industrialized countries vaccine manufacturers (Crucell, GlaxoSmithKline, Merck & Co., Inc., Novartis, Sanofi Pasteur, the vaccines division of sanofi-aventis, and Wyeth), developing countries vaccine industry, industrialized and developing country governments, UNICEF, the WHO, the World Bank, charitable foundations and NGOs

www.ifpma.org...

Glaxo, Sanofi, and Novartis are all making the H1N1

According to a post on rense, this is also all massively funded by none other than Bill Gates:

One source for the desired billion dollars for spreading untested H1N1 vaccines to the developing world will clearly be the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation. Over the past decade the Gates Foundation, the largest tax-exempt foundation in the United States since it pooled funds with fellow billionaire investor Warren Buffett, has put $1 billion into something called GAVI Alliance, formerly the Global Alliance for Vaccination and Immunization. The Gates Foundation sits on the GAVI board together with the major Swine Flu vaccine maker GlaxoSmithKline and others from the global drug industry. Over the past decade the Gates Foundation alone has pumped $1 billion into GAVI to spread vaccines across the Third World. The Gates Foundation is the largest financial backer of the WHO-linked GAVI "public-private partnership." This is the same Bill Gates Foundation which is a major sponsor of the curious Svalbard Arctic "Doomsday Seed Vault" along with Syngenta and major Genetically Modified seed manufacturers.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 03:03 PM
link   
My thoughts on this is the american government, created swine flu, and now these shots will permanently make you secceptable to all mutations of this virus, i live in canada, and i am not gonna take any shot from any country.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Geeezzz ... everyone is in bed with everyone.

When they uttered the word 'revelations' they weren't messin' around.

<<   2 >>

join