It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Drug detecting (drink spiking) Lip gloss

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by noangels
Question to the lads here

How would you feel if you saw some one test a drink you bought them in front of you?(male or female

*not a guy* but thought I'd pipe in anyway...

Couple scenarios I can think of...

1. random Joe buys a drink and than comes to me and offers it as an ice-breaker... no go. I'd not take it.

2. random Joe tells the bar-tender he'd like to buy me a drink and bar-tender than asks me what I want and I can see it being made... 'eh, maybe I'd take it, but maybe not. Depends if I want to then deal with the dude that offered.

3. guy I'm with and known to me, buys me a drink... I would NOT test it, that's just bizarre. I presume that I'm there w/him because I know and like him. *incidentally, this is how my situation went down when I did have a drink spiked* so again... *shrugs* even so, who wants to live their life mistrusting everyone? I don't.

I guess, if you're one to worry about it, buy your own drink.

ETA: reworded a sentence

[edit on 20-10-2009 by LadySkadi]

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by noangels

I never have refused a drink from a friend.....now if one whipped out a test swab before excepting a drink from me, then he/she is not my friend, only a fellow bar crawler. I don't mean to sound harsh, but isn't friendship about trust. If you don't trust them, then you don't know them and their not your friend...just a mere acquaintance. The problem with most ppl is that they give and accept friendship on the cuff. Friendship is earned and respected, you have to know your friends to call them as such.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

god no,I'm very trusting,

I can just imagine some people buying a girl(or guy)a drink after they have hit it off chatting to each other for some time then popping off to the toilet and upon returning to see that person doing a chemistry lesson with the drink!

I agree with the above poster,if your mates did that then they dont know you well!

I have somel friends(normaly girls) who have made me roar with laughter when they binge drink all night long and when you next see them they say there drinks must have been spiked as they normaly dont get that bad!

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Yeah, that did come off that way, but that was not my intention.

What I meant is if you're going to bars and drinking so much that you feel you need a drug test kit - you probably have more problems them worrying about having your drink spiked.

Another words these devices are not practical for the average person. Perhaps they should market a cheap device that bartenders could sell to patrons or make available to use for free or a small fee.

[edit on 20-10-2009 by verylowfrequency]

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Ah, sorry - I re-worded that statement. I wasn't asking directly of *you* I meant that in the general you-way. My bad.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   

No problems,let me buy your a virtual drink

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by zazzafrazz

Anyone who spikes a drink is no better than a rapist in my book, and will be treated as such by me. Period.

I've had friends from work (female), on more than one occasion spend the night in my bed, while I slept on my couch. They were the one's that always asked me to go out with them on girls night out. It's called trust and I felt honoured to hold such a thing for them.

Sometimes they were just really drunk and I wouldn't let them drive, but a couple times they were acting just a little too friendly, and I believe they had something added to their drink. On those occasions, they also had very little memory of the night before, hence my thinking they were slipped something.

The feeling one get's from that trust far outweighs any sexual satisfaction that could have been had at that time. What type of person needs to make another powerless for gratification? Where is the conscious in an instance like this. And to plan it out before hand..???

Thank-You Zazz for making this thread and showing others that there are new devices coming out to protect those most vulnerable.

It really is sad though, to have to come up with these devices in the first place. Treating another human being as nothing more than an object to be used is disgusting.

Bah.. now I'm in a bad mood after reading some of the posts on this thread.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by verylowfrequency

If women feel they need to take test kits with them, maybe they should re-examine their lifestyle first as that would probably do more to prevent a rape.

A woman never "deserves" to be raped.
If I want to go out, wear a short skirt, drink alcohol, its should be safe to do without fearing being raped as a 'serves you right, you were asking for it because of your lifestyle'
A man can go out and get drunk, and then doesnt get warned with
"your lifestyle you need to look at or your gonna encourage being raped"
This attitiude is upsetting to see.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by ufoptics

I never have refused a drink from a friend.....now if one whipped out a test swab before excepting a drink from me, then he/she is not my friend, only a fellow bar crawler. I don't mean to sound harsh, but isn't friendship about trust. If you don't trust them, then you don't know them and their not your friend...just a mere acquaintance. The problem with most ppl is that they give and accept friendship on the cuff. Friendship is earned and respected, you have to know your friends to call them as such.

I agree, a perfect strangers intent on buying me a drink is lets face, to get to know me and be my friend, or more likely to get to "know me"
And I dont have to accept a drink, and I dont worry about that strangers opinion.So I'll swab it if I do have accept drink.
I dont think this applies to mates buying each other drinks so much? but if you do have to test mates drinks, then we should look at new mates...lol

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 06:40 PM
link   
*Victim here.
Had somebody slip a rufies into a drink at a private party.
I woke up the next day in a strange room, naked and knew immediately I had been "used".
I don't know by who.
A sick horrible feeling.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by AccessDenied

And I know you never asked for it! AD this is awful, I know a long time ago, but I am sorry this happened.
Zazz goes for a walk to stop blood from boiling.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 07:21 PM
link   
First off I am not a sexist or alarmist and I agree that both sexes should be cautious at all times. Danger lurks in many forms.

However, the fear factor for selling a product to detect a 'spiked drink' seems a tad sensational to me.

Equally nefarious substances could be offered via cigarette, breath mint or a stick of gum. Anybody recall "blotter?"

Caution should be encouraged at all times but a woman doesn't need to pepper spray or tase every guy looking for mutually beneficial companionship.

Oh and by the way. Your seat cushion is a flotation device.

Beer goggles.........KK

[edit on 20-10-2009 by kinda kurious]

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by AccessDenied
*Victim here.
Had somebody slip a rufies into a drink at a private party.
I woke up the next day in a strange room, naked and knew immediately I had been "used".
I don't know by who.
A sick horrible feeling.

And with this I shall exit this thread as the Wilder is starting to come out in Tribe, and that's never a nice thing.

I would get pissed when I saw someone in my bar under some sort of influence, but when I hear it about my friends, I lose a part of myself.

I can't say I know how you were feeling accessdenied, but then again, I don't think I ever want to feel like you must have. Just to think about it is beyond my comprehension..

I'm done.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by zazzafrazz

It's a really great idea however i must admit i'd be a little insulted if a girl started testing a drink i just gave her! Still if it reduces the amount of rapes that occur due to drugging then hopefully it'll sell really well.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Solomons

I think it is becoming very common also, but it's been going on for a long time. Girls have to watch themselves. I have no idea how a girl can go get drunk black out and keep doing it. I have heard horror stories of girls passing out and getting raped or molested.

My brother got drugged once in NYC by a hacidic guy. He has never blacked out, but he did that night. Thankfully he had friends there. The guy had a drink with him in a flask that my brother drank.

I also agree with the dude with the master chief avatar, I think it was leonidas? These people should have their balls chopped off. A girl by me died driving home after waking up being molested passed out, I think she was drunk.

I forgot GHB was used as a date rape drug. I can see how that could be. When you are passed out on that drug no one can wake you up. It happened to me, and someone I know went to the hospital. If you read about it that is common. By me we had GBL that was sold as an industrial strength cleaner, which was supposedly converted to GHB in our bodies. I think that was the story I never did much research on the subject. I forgot about those days, wow.

[edit on 20-10-2009 by tompumped]

[edit on 20-10-2009 by tompumped]

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinda kurious
Equally nefarious substances could be offered via cigarette, breath mint or a stick of gum. Anybody recall "blotter?"

'___'?
Yeah that's not used as a date rape drug because it wouldn't work as one. Thank god.

The date rape drugs are GHB and Rohypnol 'roofies'. These are the ones to understand and be prepared for ladies. As another member mentioned GBL converts to GHB in the body, that's true as far as I know. So don't chew on certain plastics either. Keep in mind GHB is used recreationally as well, so possession doesn't automatically mean said person is a rapist *although you should red flag it*. Roofies however are pretty much exclusively used for this purpose in the States.

The best method really is just making sure you watched your drink being mixed yourself... and not to leave it unattended thereafter.

[edit on 20-10-2009 by silver tongue devil]

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Whoo! Now when I go pub crawling I don't have to fear rape.

[edit on 20-10-2009 by Whine Flu]

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by silver tongue devil

lol wth, how did that happen?

this is a good idea for teh women.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Whine Flu

They use the colloquial 'pub crawling' in New Zealand too??

Damn, thought that one was ours.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join