It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Drug detecting (drink spiking) Lip gloss

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 08:35 AM
link   
What a brilliant invention, This is the type of news a want to hear this could save so much hurt and prevent filth from taking advantage of women. It would be nice to see this invention take off, this has opened many doors to expand the technology used in the lip gloss.

Star and Flag for the good news

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 08:58 AM
link   
What's so brilliant about it? The lip gloss has nothing to do with detecting a spiked drink. The detector has been built into the container for the lip gloss. Nice marketing idea, but nothing new. You have been able to get swizzle sticks that detect spiked drinks for years now. I gave a bunch of them to my niece as part of her birthday gift a few years ago.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by JIMC5499

Where can one purchase those? I've never heard of them before.

To they guy who thinks the lipstick is sexist, well, get some swizzle sticks!

I don't know what you drink, but a swizzle stick might look kinda funny sticking out of a long necked beer!

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 11:57 AM
link   
This invention is going to make it even harder for nerds like me to get laid.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by LordBucket

Don't want to get banned,but i have tried GHB not in the drink spiking sense.In my 16 to 19 year old years i tried far too much stuff for my own good.In any case it is very hard for folks to distinguish between a very drunk person and someone under the influence of a date rape drug.Thats why i think close friends should be near by as no doubt they will know how you are with one too many as opposed to another drug.Course let's not forget alcohol can be just as dangerous as GHB...and i would say the vast majority of rapes are because of alcohol and not anything else.Doesn't make it right by any means,but it's the world we live in sadly and something we should be aware of.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by zazzafrazz

How interesting, I've never heard of this (or the swizzle stick) options. I do think it's important that the issue is addressed in many different ways, every little bit helps, so true.

reply to post by Solomons

Agree with your post. Friends can be the best defense (besides yourself).

I did have my drink spiked once and if it had not been for friends there to help, who knows, right? They did describe (me) as appearing to be incredibly intoxicated and obviously something wasn't right with that situation as I had only had that one drink...

ETA: in my case, I have no idea what the drink was spiked with and so the education and warning stands... know where your drinks are coming from, know your limits, stay safe.

[edit on 20-10-2009 by LadySkadi]

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   

and i would say the vast majority of rapes are because of alcohol and not anything else

The majority of rapes are at home by someone they know. This detector is just one way to help fight abuse and violation of men and women, though the majority of cases are perpetrated against fermales.
No woman or man should experience the subjigation of rape.
Its not just about rape though.
With drink spiking, the act itself I found to be abusive, though I was safe and at home after my first drink out, I felt violated the next day. I had my sense of self protection and freedom taken away from me by someone. I am not comparing rape to that on a violation level, the concept behind it is similar though, its not about sex, it is about power issues and depowering someone.
People who get drunk together are drunk by choice are a different conundrum, though any abuses that take place whilst drunk are still completely unacceptable. Rape is still a violation whether you chose to drink or be sober.
Your comment on drinking does highlight that alcohol consumption also requires adressing. But how? any resolution I doubt ever will be found.

[edit on 20-10-2009 by zazzafrazz]

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

HI ladiskadi

ETA: in my case, I have no idea what the drink was spiked with and so the education and warning stands... know where your drinks are coming from, know your limits, stay safe.

I rarely drink, and I have been a backpacker globetrotting since 17 so I was aware of what nasties were out there and made me particulary vigilant with my property drink and food.This drink was just lime and soda water. I always watch my drink. I watch it from the minute its handed over, as I did in this instance

I dont know where it came from, other than the bar tender. Or at manufacture.
So you just never know, nor can be too careful.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by zazzafrazz

Should have made my post clearer,just like paedophilia etc rapes are usually by someone you know.But my post was more aimed at folks who go out and get extremely drunk every friday/saturday night which is becoming extremely common and get themselves into situations that would never have happened if they were not intoxicated.Hell i used to drink like a fish every saturday,it's obviously never an excuse and while it's not a reality we wish to be in it sadly is and people should take note of that.Like you said,good,trustworthy and responsible friends are probably THE most important aspect of all this.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Yeppers, drinking causes lack of self control and ability to reason; I would say however, that if someone can rape a person when drunk, he's likely to have the same trait when sober.
If the woman is drunk, then she is not in control, and that DOES NOT mean she then deserves to be raped, because she has lessened her abilty to self protect. She doesnt get drunk to be violated. She/he gets drunk to relax and have fun (usually)
Now Im not saying this to you Solomons, Kinda more a public service announcement, once you get get me on a soap box for individuals rights and safety I usually have to be dragged off...

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I'll have to ask my wife where she found them at. She's the chemist in the family.

I'll agree that true rape is unacceptable. What I have a problem with is the woman who goes along with everything and then changes her mind later. By later I mean days or weeks later. It is happening too much and hurts legitimate rape cases.

When I was dating, I went as far as to record everything that happened when I brought a woman back to my place. I started this after a local NFL player was accused of rape and it turned out to be an extortion scam. I burned it on to a CD and put it in a locked box. I never looked at it again and destroyed the CD after a certain amount of time. I made up my mind that if I was accused I was going to have something more than my word against hers.
I figured the legal problems with being accused of rape were alot worse than the problems associated with the recordings.

As far as GHB goes, who needs it. I was given some very good advice when I was younger. I was told that odds are that at least six women out of a hundred will go along with almost anything that you ask them to, but how do you find those six unless you meet a hundred? It has never failed me yet.

I still have a couple of those CDs though. When my wife found out about them (hers were all that were left) she kept them.

[edit on 20-10-2009 by JIMC5499]

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by PApro
looks like we need to go back to the days of the caveman and just bash women on the head with a club first..
j/k ofcourse.. however this is a brilliant idea and im somewhat suprised its just now being marketed..
the world is full of sick ppl and this is one way to slow there progress

haha yeahh I was going to post,damm Im going to have to go back to using my hammer now!

Joking aside its a great idea,but have to be truthfull that many ladies here binge drink huge amounts and are pretty foward in saying what they want

I had one girl mmm how to say this simulating sex with her breasts and my pint of stella(warmed it up!wasnt impressed!)a couple of weekends ago after a gig.I never take advantage of drunk girls,but have seen others pouring drinks down potential conquests till they can hardly walk

Anything to make people feel safer is for the good,this is a great idea

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by noangels

No angels understands where im coming from,being from the uk and all.Zazza,the binge drinking culture here in the uk is something you wouldn't understand until you see it for yourself.I did for years,and more often than not it's woman.Like you said,it is by no mean acceptable that things like this happen.But it does and it is propulsed by the mere fact that we have such a binge culture among the 16 to 21 year olds...probably even older these days.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by silver tongue devil

I have met two people that were slipped date rape drugs.

They were men. They didn't get raped.

The odds? They were probably the only ones haha.

dont mean to offend but something like 95 percent of men who claimed to have been spiked. were not. they just couldnt handle their drink.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   
I've had my drinks spiked before and I'm a large man.

I assume it was done with the intention of robbing me or something, but it never happened.

I just don't ever see myself bringing drug test kits with me wherever I go, just in case someone wants to spike my drink. It's enough for me to keep track of my keys, wallet, phone and whatever else I need for the night.

If women feel they need to take test kits with them, maybe they should re-examine their lifestyle first as that would probably do more to prevent a rape.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Hey, I wonder if they can make this in condom form, that way I'll know if the woman spiked my drink.....oh darn, come to think of it, it would be too late then

All kidding aside, awesome find and great thread. In a world as messed up as we live in a little humor helps

Men who revert to such a tactic as this, are the bottom of the barrel scum. Can someone come up with the 007 secret lip gloss that will make their privates fall off.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Question to the lads here

How would you feel if you saw some one test a drink you bought them in front of you?(male or female)

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by verylowfrequency

SNIP

If women feel they need to take test kits with them, maybe they should re-examine their lifestyle first as that would probably do more to prevent a rape

Not sure if I'm reading your message correctly, but this reads all too close to "blaming the victim"...

There are any number of situations in which "lifestyle" choices had nothing to do with being attacked. Rape stats. suggest that upwards of 85% occur by someone the victim knows.

On the drug issue, I agree w/ya that test kits might be overly cautious, but again, I stand by the idea of always being aware and if this is one more tool that one person may decide to use for awareness, than where's the problem?

Bad things happen to decent people all the time.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by MR BOB

Probably true.

These two gentlemen went to the hospital the following day and they were shown positive.

They went because everyone believed they had been drugged. They were regular college drinking tolerance kinda guys that happened to get smashed from two beers. The red flag went up.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by noangels
Question to the lads here

How would you feel if you saw some one test a drink you bought them in front of you?(male or female)

I'd probably start laughing out loud. But it would be more like a laughing with them then a laughing at them. Then I would give them some cash and say buy a drink for yourself from me

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join