It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu Roll Call

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 10:59 PM
link   

I do not have swine flu-- at least not yet.

Nor do I personally know of anyone who has either had it or has it yet.

But I have definitely noticed the increase in the number of ATS members either starting threads about personally having swine-flu or posting as much in response to other threads.

It occurs to me that it would be really useful to start a swine flu tracking thread.

For those members who wish to participate, this thread could serve as the place to announce your general geographic location and the fact of your personal infection, or of the infection of others you directly know, giving as much or as little detail as any contributor desires on such topics as believed manner of infection, symptoms (type and duration), diagnosis, and/or treatment .

Perhaps, in this manner, we can collectively provide each other a sense of scale, distribution, severity and timing on this thing.

Good luck and good health everyone.

[edit on 20-10-2009 by loam]

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 11:14 PM
link   
I read the post on here today about a nurse having it and the sypmtoms and I am thinking it sounded a lot like how I felt about a month ago.

I never went to the doctor but the symptoms sounded just like mine and my gf and it lasted a bout a week but it was the worst I had ever felt.

But I have a 4 and 10 year olds and they got sick but it wasn't near as bad as me and my gf. I layed in bed for a whole day I never do that never.

We just took medicine cold medicine and we got better after about a week but my lungs were killing me for 3 days and yes I am a smoker but I feel 100% now.

We did avoid as much contact with our kids when we were sick just in case and they never got bad so maybe it was and maybe it wasn't.

But if I got it once I can still get it again right?

We all have good immune systems so hopefully we will survive the winter and we will go to the hosipital if we need to. I rarely get sick.

Who ever has it and getting ready to get it I hope the best for you all good luck.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 11:43 PM
link   
I'm working in Bangkok right now. I got the swine flu about 2 months ago and so did several others in my office. Last week, someone in our office had the flu. So far, I haven't seen anyone else with any flu symptoms here so I don't think he spread it to anyone here. I'm not sure what the flu season is usually like since the weather doesn't seem to change much throughout the year in this part of the world.

I haven't heard anything about the vaccine recently, but I believe it is available now in Bangkok. I don't know how many have received it, but I decided against getting it and it's not mandatory.

Next week I'll be in India. I'll see how it looks when I'm there.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 11:46 PM
link   
I am sorry to hear about the above posters sickness.

In response to the op, no I have not had the swine flu, nor has my other. No one I know has had it, and I've seen no reports of any locals having it. My other got a flu about 5 years ago, after getting a flu-shot, only time I've known him to get one. That statement is not a conformation of cause and effect, but just stating my observation.

I haven't had a flu or cold like system in 16 years myself. The one I had back then made me think I was going to die.

So two living here, no seasonal, nor swine flu. Also don't know anyone around here who has it or has had it.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 12:01 AM
link   
I'm still recovering.

It's nasty.

I''ll be alright.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 12:11 AM
link   
My 6 year old son has it right now.He seems to be getting better.He is not allowed to go back to school until he has been fever free for 24 hrs.Doctor didn't prescribe anything.He recommended tylenol and motrin.

We live in Pa.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 12:27 AM
link   
I, my wife, and my three year old son had it about mid February of last year.
Many kids at his daycare were out, and several had gone to the E.R. due to it.

The only difference I noticed between it and the regular flu was it's persistence.

If I get the flu, it's usually a three day affiar, with the middle day being the most painful.

In this case, I was sick for over a week, and even though having taken large amounts of Vitamin C, I actually got it again, two weeks after the first bout.
The second time was worse than the first, and even after I felt better, Iit took, like two more weeks for me to feel 100%.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 02:52 AM
link   
My entire social circle and family has had it...

It's not the worst bug I've ever experienced... I WAS too sick to go to work for a day. I still have a persistent productive cough, but I also quit smoking while sick, and i have asthma, so it could just be a purge or something.

Really though.. if you've ever lost sleep worrying about what you're gonna do if you get swine flu, don't... You'll cough, and ache, and miss a day or two of work and two weeks later you're going to call it your one good sickness for the season....

I live in the same general region as that nurse in the other post too.... Near Seattle WA

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 02:57 AM
link   
One of the kids living with me got diagnosed with it and now all 9 people in my house including myself are sick. The first kid hit with it had a tough time but for all us it just seems like the normal flu.

Only weird thing for me was one day I was totally fine and the next day I woke up in the morning and it was like I got hit by a fricken train. I also had this weird cloudiness in my brain. I drove to work that day and I felt like I was drunk. I was having trouble staying on the road and couldn't get a mental focus on anything. I ended up leaving work within 5 minutes of getting there because I just could not function mentally. That's never happened to me before from being sick so I thought it was worth noting...

Portland,OR

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 03:06 AM
link   
Had it a few days ago. Its nasty, but short-lived.

Im in Germany, southern part, near Stuttgart

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 03:30 AM
link   
This is not confirmed since I did not get tested because there were no swineflu then.

October last year, I came down with what the symptoms are for swine flu.
I was really influensa like sick for about 7 or 8 days..

I do NOT know if it was swine flu, but I have never been that ill from the flu before in my 37 years on the blueMarble we live on...

Now, what I wonder about still, is this: I always have the seasonal flu, it is like clock work : Spring and fall.
But, this Spring I had NO influense nor have I had it this fall, so I do not know what is going on here, but it is not the Normal me as I know my self with the flu sickness.....

I do not know any one having a 'confermed' swine flu, but I know a whole lot of people being more sick than normal with the flu this fall..

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Hi there. Thought I would chime in. I believe that I have the classic symptoms of what we are calling the swine flu. In addition to myself I think my daughter has it (though not as bad). My sister and her two kids had it (test confirmed for Influenza A) Numerous people at work (hospital) have been sick with it. My daughters best friend had it, my sons best friend and his entire family has had it. Numerous people on the block I live on have it. We have at least 5 to 10 cases a day in the ER. (sometimes more, sometimes less) There is a very high percentage rate of sick kids out of school. Some of the athletic teams are struggling due to illnesses. It has ran its course through my husbands employment over the past two weeks. He is one of only two people that were not out sick with it. The hospital is struggling to keep staffing levels up and is typically understaffed because of illness.

So I would say that yes, it is very widespread here in Washington State. I have never seen a flu hit this har this fast. That is not to scare anyone though. Although it is highly contagious and widespread, it typically is short lived and sometimes not as bad as the seasonal flu.

Good Luck!

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Not sure; I have had recurring flu like illnesses since this whole thing began. I am a hyerchondric though. I once had a 101 fever and facial pain. I did not have any other symptoms. I also had low body tempature and a cold. My body tempature was 94.6. The only person I knew who was sick was my grandfather but he had pnemonia before the swine flu started in March.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   
just getting over having it. was pretty bad but about to take final tamiflu capsule and i'm rather fine now

tamiflu worked very well, the day after i started it i felt almost back to full fitness.

oh, caught it on wednesday morning, headache that got worse until everything hit that evening, went to the docs on friday. back to school tomorrow.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Since September 3rd my 40 year old son, a 12 year old granddaughter, a 18 old grandson, a 15 yr old grandson and a 16 year old great neice have been diagnosed with swine flu.

All were treated with Tamiflu.

Last week my son and my great neice started having fever again. My neice is very sick.

I have been close to them all and have not gotton sick. I'm thinking I may be immune from having the swine flu or the swine flu vaccination Ireceived in the 70's is still active. I'm 62 so I'm about the right age for immunity.

[edit on 20-10-2009 by dizziedame]

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   
do you throw up with this flu?

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by dreamseeker
do you throw up with this flu?

as far as i know from my own and others experiences, no. i felt close a couple of times but that was made worse by my asthma so someone who has no previous problems shouldn't be sick.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 11:02 AM
link   
This is a very quiet thread.

Isn't that interesting?

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Location N UK near Bradford.
I live in a small community of about 40 people. A couple of months back, one person thinks she got it (commuting on train to Manchester). She was off work for a week, did not take tamiflu. And it was not officially diagnosed.
About 4/5 months back a doctors surgery in Halifax told one of my clients they had 6/7 cases. And 3 people had it at my works office in Huddersfield.
Feeling ropey today with runny nose. Hopefully not THAT. There again, maybe I should hope it is THAT.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 11:14 AM
link   
I think i might of had it. but im not sure
i was sick in june with a really bad chest infection. Because it was FMP (final major project) at college i couldnt afford to miss it. I was pretty sick, really lathargic and pretty much asleep anytime i wasnt needed. Turns out i gave about 7 people in my class the same thing that i had. I probly had it for about a week. But im not sure what it was.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join