It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lord Monckton: Global Warming is a fraud

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Here’s the link: www.globalclimatescam.com... This is a very important topic -- because governments the world over are using it as cover for a huge new body of taxes, regulations, and bureaucracies. While those are bad ideas in the best of times, they'll prove positively poisonous in today's tenuous business climate.
(Quote from Doug Casey's Financial newsletter)

Lord Monckton sued in the UK to prevent the airing of Al Gore's climate change movie to UK School children and won! The court agreed that it was not scientific, contained exaggerations and bad science and ordered that it NOT be shown to UK Students!

Here’s the link: www.globalclimatescam.com...

Edit to remove long link from thread title

[edit on 19-10-2009 by SkepticOverlord]

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Hey, if you did not see my U2U, remove the link in your headline it is stretching everyones browser window.

DDDOOOOOHHHH.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Horray! that's a great blow to Al gore's ego, image, scam, cult, etc. Hope the rest of the world finds out about this and pulls their head's out of their butts.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Oh and had to add, FRACK Gore and the elite on their plan to subjugate the world on a false pretense. S&F

2nd line states-Gore Joke:If a prophet profits too much from his vision, is he a prophet or a profiteer?

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by seataka

Hope this gets some attention, because it is a possibility that some politicians are just trying to find a way to make money from something that occurs naturally.

I've always thought that global warming is just a cycle that the earth goes through. From what I have experienced this summer, with only about 4 days going into the 90s in Chicago, is kind of weird. Though I really enjoyed it, I realized that there could be a number of explanations. So sometimes, I just say to myself sh*t happens. It works, I feel at ease.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 10:11 PM
link   
ok, my opinion is that it was the oposite effect going on. the smog, toxins and polutions in the atmosphere were BLOCKING the U.V. rays OUT, not that we were KEEPING the U.V. rays IN, there fore cooling the planet.

And i guess, i'm the only one on the site to think of that?

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Lord Monckton

www.youtube.com...

Lord Christopher Monckton addresses the global warming panel at Accuracy in Media's 40th anniversary conference. 10/23/09

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Here is the lastest lecture from Lord Christopher Monckton on October 14th 2009, at Bethel College in St. Paul, MN in which he debunks anthropogenic Global warming (er Climate change) and gives a dire warning regarding the United Nations Climate Change Treaty due to signed in Copenhagen in December 2009

NOTE: One can follow the slides at link below

www.friendsofscience.org...

Also see:
scienceandpublicpolicy.org...

www.examiner.com...

scienceandpublicpolicy.org...

You can also find the court transcripts ect online but I don't have time to post now (maybe later)

Cheers.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Glenn Beck Clips 10-23-09 Seg6- Is The Climate Change Treaty The Start of World Government?

Glenn Beck Clips 10-23-09 Seg6- Is The Climate Change Treaty The Start of World Government?

www.youtube.com...

Listen to him bring up the infamous and enigmatic, Maurice Strong.

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Killah29
ok, my opinion is that it was the oposite effect going on. the smog, toxins and polutions in the atmosphere were BLOCKING the U.V. rays OUT, not that we were KEEPING the U.V. rays IN, there fore cooling the planet.

And i guess, i'm the only one on the site to think of that?

No, in fact, and I cant find the study, i came upon a study of monsoon weather in some island off the coast of india... the particulate pollution goes that way from india... and it was found that polluttion lowers temperatures by reflecting sunlight back into space.

I just remembered another one (the edit)
The day after 911 when all flights were cancelled....there were no airport flights running (Except a few to get Bin Laden's relatives out of the US - google it if you dont believe me..) A study based upon atmospheric solar radiance detectors across the world SHOWED a measurable temperature increase, as more Solar energy could reach the ground!

[edit on 11-3-2010 by seataka]

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 10:18 AM
link   
(segment transcribed from George Carlin's last HBO Special DVD before he passed away titled:

It's all #ull##it
And it's bad for you!

Save the Planet?

"The planet has been through a lot worse than us for a long time. There have been earthquakes, plate tectonics, continental drift, solar flares, magnetic storms, magnetic reversals of the poles, bombardments for 100's of thousands of years by comets and asteroids and meteors, sandstorms, erosion of all kinds, cosmic radiation, worldwide fires, worldwide floods, recurring ice ages

And WE think some aluminum cans and some plastic bags are going to make a difference?

The Planet isn't going anywhere, WE ARE!!..

George Carlin

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 04:31 AM
link   
Monckton is a blowhard, moronic, shill.

No, that is probably unfair to the all the honest shill's of the world. He's just wrong.

His 'lectures' could be sellouts at the Edinburgh Comedy Festival, they are so wrong its funny, rolling on the floor stuff.

And yes, I personally heard him speak when he was in Australia recently.

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 05:19 AM
link   
Bravo!! It is true. Global warming is a total scam and an attempt to wrestle control over economy and development.

A friend showed me a magazine from the 70's that contained an article about a coming ice age. The article stated that pollution was causing the temperature of the Earth to drop rapidly and that if we didn't stop polluting we would cause a massive ice age that would damage the entire world. Can you believe it?!! I saw it and read it.

The radical leftists were riding the dropping temperatures back then. Now, all these years later, the radical leftists are riding on the increasing temperatures and still claiming that we are causing it with our pollution. Incredible.

I am happy to see people finally having the guts to say it.

[edit on 13-3-2010 by Cabaret Voltaire]

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by rnaa
Monckton is a blowhard, moronic, shill.

No, that is probably unfair to the all the honest shill's of the world. He's just wrong.

His 'lectures' could be sellouts at the Edinburgh Comedy Festival, they are so wrong its funny, rolling on the floor stuff.

And yes, I personally heard him speak when he was in Australia recently.

Lord Monckton sued in the UK to prevent the airing of Al Gore's climate change movie to UK School children and won! The court agreed that it was not scientific, contained exaggerations and bad science and ordered that it NOT be shown to UK Students!

Which would mean you are stating that the British High Court consists of moronic, blowhard, shills...

I think your posting deserves a post styled from Chanology... "No U"

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Listen guys, there's propaganda on both sides. I haven't a clue what this guys agenda is. Governments are trying to tax citizens for climate change which isn't all too productive. The oil industry is pushing disinfo about climate change not being, in part, a result of carbon emissions. The truth is somewhere in between.

Have the majority of leading scientists been wrong for decades

The case about global cooling being mentioned during the seventies is bunk. There was a minority speaking of this, and the majority were screaming global warming.

I think the truth is that human beings are causing much harm to Gaia, in part due to carbon emissions. I'm sure deforestation, overfishing, robbing the coral reefs, overpopulating, and pollution in general are doing much harm as well.

It's not all good, and climate change, while cyclic, isn't only so these days. I have little doubt that human beings aren't effecting the climate as well.

[edit on 4-4-2010 by unityemissions]

[edit on 4-4-2010 by unityemissions]

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 03:00 AM
link   
Lord Monckton doesn't know his Helmholtz from his ass.

His supposed 'science' is just plain WRONG.

www.realclimate.org...

friend showed me a magazine from the 70's that contained an article about a coming ice age. The article stated that pollution was causing the temperature of the Earth to drop rapidly and that if we didn't stop polluting we would cause a massive ice age that would damage the entire world. Can you believe it?!! I saw it and read it.

The radical leftists were riding the dropping temperatures back then. Now, all these years later, the radical leftists are riding on the increasing temperatures and still claiming that we are causing it with our pollution. Incredible.

Maybe you should stop listening to radicals and start listening to actual scientists.

Back in the 1970's there was NOT any scientific consensus that there was imminent dangerous cooling, the scientists knew they didn't have enough study and data yet.

The facts (true then and now) were that there is a long period (10 to 50 thousand year) cycle of glaciation and interglaciation driven by astronomical orbital dynamics (changing solar patters on Earth), plus the fact that human caused ground based pollution (aerosols) was blocking the Sun.

Take the 2nd point and add in the first point and you have a POTENTIAL problem, but really you have to do the calculations and the hard science. As it turned out there wasn't any danger and no scientific consensus of an immediate problem.

On the other hand there was warming from greenhouse effect, which was very well known [to professional scientists] back in the 1970's as well. They didn't know for sure which would predominate, it would take more measurements, calculations and understanding of the theory.

By the early 1990's, we had the answer: in human timescales (hundreds of years, not tens of thousands), warming from increased greenhouse gases would be clearly dominating. The difference now is striking---there are international committees and political pushes from scientists and that's because the scientific evidence is much stronger.

Mother Nature has no need to be bipartisan or moderate.

Also, the issue of global warming from human emissions came out from the professional scientific community, NOT any push from supposed "greens" or "radical leftists". It is FAR too esoteric, theoretical, complicated to make for good propaganda, as opposed to say pictures of baby seals with splattered brains or dead ducks choking in petroleum.

Anybody who mistakenly believes that scientists ALL thought global cooling was going to be an immediate imminent threat ought to read this, which lays out the facts.

journals.ametsoc.org...

Anybody who mistakenly believes that anthropogenic global warming is some kind of conspiracy or plot from scientists to destroy capitalist civilization ought to consider also that scientists somehow did not decide that (a) mercury in vaccines is giving children autism, or (b) electromagnetic fields from powerlines are very hazardous to everybody's health. Actually, quite the contrary, they firmly believe otherwise.

And also, physical scientists form the group most strongly supportive of nuclear fission for power generation, not really a typical leftist position.

And why are all things this way? Because it is what scientific evidence shows. Period. There's no other explanation, it really is true.

And finally, all subjects of human endeavor throughout the entirety of history, there exist none where the considered consensus expert opinion is SO much more correct than average people's beliefs than physical science and research mathematics. To be blunt, average people's opinion has NO value in these areas.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 03:31 AM
link   
reply to post by mbkennel

Well if global warming is real, explain this?

Arctic ice recovers from the great melt

I saw Monkton being interviewed by our resident AGW propagator Kochey on Sunrise.

Monkton smashed him to pieces when he started quoting the IPCC and no surprise, it was out of time and off to the commercial break.

The weather forecasters can't predict what will be going on in 3 days let alone 50 years from now!

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by seataka

Which would mean you are stating that the British High Court consists of moronic, blowhard, shills...

I think your posting deserves a post styled from Chanology... "No U"

lol, the judge didn't.

The judge accepted the film was 'substantially founded upon scientific research and fact':

The Film

I turn to AIT, the film. The following is clear:

i) It is substantially founded upon scientific research and fact, albeit that the science is used, in the hands of a talented politician and communicator, to make a political statement and to support a political programme.

and allowed it to be shown in schools with amended guidance notes:

I am satisfied that, with the Guidance Note, as amended, the Defendant is setting the film into a context in which it can be shown by teachers, and not so that the Defendant itself or the schools are promoting partisan views contained in the film, and is putting it into a context in which a balanced presentation of opposing views can and will be offered. There is no call for the Defendant to support the more extreme views of Mr Gore – indeed the Government's adherence is to the IPCC views - but the present package in my judgment does enough to make it clear both what the mainstream view is, insofar as Mr Gore departs from it, and that there are views of "sceptics" who do not accept even the consensus views of the IPCC. The Defendant will not be promoting partisan political views by enabling the showing of AIT in the context of the discussions facilitated by the Guidance Note, and is not under a duty to forbid the presentation of it in that context.

www.bailii.org...

The judge picked out 9 issues that he believed were inconsistent with the scientific consensus and ordered amended guidance notes for use in schools.

..............................................................................................

Originally posted by Psychoses
Well if global warming is real, explain this?

Arctic ice recovers from the great melt

Easy to explain - It's Jonathan Leake in the Times. The guy is a dishonest hack, and is well-known to be a dishonest hack. He simply and deceptively cherrypicks two dates to obfuscate the clear downwards long-term trend in sea ice in the arctic:

nsidc.org...

[edit on 5-4-2010 by melatonin]

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 09:48 AM
link   
My opinion

While I do agree "some" scientists are swayed by the green / leftists I do agree that most scientists aren't in a big conspiracy about climate change.

What I do believe is that scientists won't admit they are wrong and their colleagues re-enforce their wrong positions as they have put too much work into climate science to be proven wrong.

But I'm no scientists so hey what do I know!! but I still don't believe.

my opinion

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Well my opinion is that it's too damned convenient for people not to believe in hard truths. Take a look at how long it's taken the general public to wake up to the looting of main street by wall street. People are still in the dark about the Federal Reserve, and the banking cabal which screws the people.

People want to think that we're all inherently good, and don't really do much harm in our daily lives. The truth is that we're all a mixture of what others may perceive to be right and wrong. We're all here on this limited earth, slicing our way through her, and laughing while we do it.

People like to be in a state of bliss. They choose to remain ignorant. All throughout history our story is riddled of an ignorant, and foolish public who chooses to wait until things are horribly bad before taking action. The consequences are simply too damned drastic and far reaching this time around.

It's about time humanity grows up and for once acted wisely, admit fault, and do what must be done. Sadly, I just don't see that happening this go. We'll laugh our standards of living away, and reap what we sow.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join