It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Many Israeli Spies Need to be Caught Before Israel Stops Being An Ally?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 06:28 PM
link   

I think the headline is a good question and I invite anyone who has the answer to respond. Here's a list of the most recent/well-known captures (that we know about) and direct attacks on our own intelligence agents by Israelis. Ask yourself if a country like Iran or North Korea could possibly get away with a fraction of these.

Prior to 9/11, the FBI had discovered the presence of a massive spy ring, involving hundreds of spies, inside the United States run by the government of Israel. This seems a harsh gratitude from a nation which obtains 10% of its annual budget from the American taxpayer, $3+ billion a year. Over the years, American taxpayers have been required to send Israel more than four times what the US spent to go to the moon.Source

10/19/09 - A former U.S. government scientist who served in sensitive positions on classified aerospace projects has been arrested and charged with trying to deliver classified information to someone he thought was an Israeli intelligence official. David Nozette of Chevy Chase, Maryland, was taken into custody Monday by counterespionage agents of the FBI, and was expected to appear in a federal courtroom in Washington on Tuesday. The criminal complaint does not accuse the government of Israel with any violations of U.S. law. (Of Course Not!) Source

12/30/08 - Ben-Ami Kadish, an 85-year-old former U.S. Army employee pleaded guilty on Tuesday to acting as an unregistered agent of Israel and admitted he gave classified documents to the Jewish state in the 1980s. He provided classified documents, including some relating to U.S. missile defense systems, to an Israeli agent. Kadish used his security clearance to borrow 50 to 100 classified documents, including some "concerning nuclear weaponry" and others relating to a modified version of an F-15 fighter jet.
Source

2004 Two Israelis try to enter Kings Bay Naval Submarine Base, home to eight Trident submarines. The truck tests positive for explosives.
source

2004 Police near the Nuclear Fuel Services plant in Tennessee stop a truck after a three mile chase, during which the driver throws a bottle containing a strange liquid from the cab. The drivers turn out to be Israelis using fake IDs. The FBI refuses to investigate and the Israelis are released.
Source

2003 The Police Chief of Cloudcroft stops a truck speeding through a school zone. The drivers turn out to be Israelis with expired passports. Claiming to be movers, the truck contains junk furniture and several boxes. The Israelis are handed over to immigration. The contents of the boxers are not revealed to the public.
Source

2003 Israel deploys assassination squads into other countries, including the United States. The US Government does not protest.Source

2002 The DEA issues a report that Israeli spies, posing as art students, have been trying to penetrate US Government offices.
Source

2002 police near the Whidbey Island Naval Air Station in southern Washington State stop a suspicious truck and detain two Israelis, one of whom is illegally in the United States. The two men were driving at high speed in a Ryder rental truck, which they claimed had been used to "deliver furniture." The next day, police discovered traces of TNT and RDX military-grade plastic explosives inside the passenger cabin and on the steering wheel of the vehicle. The FBI then announces that the tests that showed explosives were “false positived” by cigarette smoke, a claim test experts say is ridiculous. Based on an alibi provided by a woman, the case is closed and the Israelis are handed over to INS to be sent back to Israel. One week later, the woman who provided the alibi vanishes.

2001 - In November, 2001, Fox News aired a four part series, about a newly discovered “massive” Israeli spying operation inside the US.

* In early 1997, an Army mechanical engineer, David A. Tenenbaum, told investigators that he "inadvertently" gave classified military information on missile systems and armored vehicles to Israeli officials (New York Times, 2/20/97).

* In 1992, the Wall Street Journal reported that Israeli agents apparently tried to steal Recon Optical Inc's top-secret airborne spy-camera system. (1/17/92, Edward T. Pound and David Rogers).

* April 24, 1987 Wall Street Journal headline: "Role of Israel in Iran-Contra Scandal Won't be Explored in Detail by Panels"

* 1986 - Jonathon Pollard, a former U.S. Navy intelligence analyst, is currently serving life in prison term after pleading guilty to spying for Israel in 1986.

* In 1985 Richard Smyth, the owner of MILCO was indicted on charges of smuggling nuclear timing devices to Israel (Washington Post, 10/31/86).

* In 1967, Israel attacked the USS Liberty, an intelligence gathering vessel flying a US flag, killing 34 crew members. See "Assault on the Liberty," by James M. Ennes, Jr. (Random House).

* In 1965, Israel apparently illegally obtained enriched uranium from NUMEC corporation. (Washington Post, 6/5/86, Charles R. Babcock, "US an Intelligence Target of the Israelis, Officials Say.")

* "The Lavon Affair": In 1954, Israeli agents attacked Western targets in Egypt in an apparent attempt to upset US-Egyptian relations. Israeli defense minister Pinchas Lavon was removed from office, though many think real responsibility lay with David Ben-Gurion.

[edit on 19-10-2009 by andrewh7]

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Seriously, this is how we're repaid? Makes you wonder does'nt it. What is it they want to know? Why are they spying on their #1 ally in the world?
I heard about an incident a couple of years ago where a spy was caught, they shoul've been blacklisted at that point imo.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by andrewh7

All I can say is "wow"

The dual citizens highly placed in the federal govt is enough to curl your hair, and this is just insane.

star/flag

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 07:35 PM
link   
It's funny too how even if these stories make the news how then are downplayed or not explored to the depth they should be and even if on rare occasion they are no one really notices or cares. Why is that?

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 07:56 PM
link   
I'm currently beginning research on Israeli coercion of American politics and the USS Liberty Incident. A two-and-half-hour leave-no-survivors assault by Israeli fighters and torpedo boats in international waters on the spy ship. 34 Americans dead and 171 injured. Torpedo boats machine-gunned any lifeboats loosed by the Liberty -- a war crime.

And so McNamara gives orders against protecting the Liberty with nearby air units. Johnson reduces the official story to a 16 minute attack of "mistaken identity." Something about CIA involved with a Project Cyanide.. if anyone can help.

The AIPAC immediately begun spreading pro-Israeli-OS in the mainstream media. Sailors and radio operators aboard the Liberty at the time of the attack were ordered to silence by threat of court martial regarding the event. Zero justice.

And for what? So Israel could grab the Golan Heights? To deceive American forces into engaging Egypt during the Six-Day War?

Given, this incident was 42 years ago, but I feel as I engage this subject, it has become clear that Israel has held awesome favor with members in our bureaucracies.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

Yeah really, Imagine of it was an Iranian or N korean spy, that would be talked about until the end of time. I like your sig btw.

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people." Eleanor Roosevelt

So true.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 08:08 PM
link   
S&F

Arresting Israeli spies would be anti-Semitic, are you crazy!?

It may change after the whole evangelical thing dies out in the states, until then, Israel has America by the balls.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Just so you know, the most recent event you have listed,which probably triggered this thread, had no Iserali involvment.

10/19/09 - A former U.S. government scientist who served in sensitive positions on classified aerospace projects has been arrested and charged with trying to deliver classified information to someone he thought was an Israeli intelligence official. David Nozette of Chevy Chase, Maryland, was taken into custody Monday by counterespionage agents of the FBI, and was expected to appear in a federal courtroom in Washington on Tuesday. The criminal complaint does not accuse the government of Israel with any violations of U.S. law. (Of Course Not!)

The American was trying to sell to who he thought were Irsealis, but was a sting operationvby theFBI. Soo, you can rest assured that American is activly trying to prevent spying.

-E-

[edit on 19-10-2009 by MysterE]

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Israel doesn't even need spies, now that they have Rahm Emanuel as Chief of Staff in the White House. They get all the information that they need directly from him.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfEmeritus

I was just thinking the same thing, why risk using spies when you have Rahm Emanuel as chief of staff. He gets more than enough juicy information directly from the source.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by MysterE
Just so you know, the most recent event you have listed,which probably triggered this thread, had no Iserali involvment.

The American was trying to sell to who he thought were Irsealis, but was a sting operationvby theFBI. Soo, you can rest assured that American is activly trying to prevent spying.
[edit on 19-10-2009 by MysterE]

The pink elephant in the room that you are ignoring is that the United States has agents pretending to be Mossad Agents in order to draw out those who would spy for Israel. Do we have agents pretending to be French or British Intelligence agents to draw out Americans trying to spy for these countries against the US? Please name a single case. Obviously, this guy was making serious gestures to spy for Israel - the US government doesn't expend resources testing all its employees in this manner. Would you prefer that the guy be allowed to spy for Israel for decades before the government intervenes with a slap on the wrist w/o prison time?

If Israel was an ally, we wouldn't need to run operations of this kind. You don't send so many spies into your ally's country that your ally needs to start running counterintelligence operations on its own soil to stop you. That is not something that an "ally" does. Maybe you have a different definition of ally than I do. How do you define ally?

Two Issues: 1. Our unwavering support for Israel in the form of money and weapons. 2. What is the primary reason that the US is targeted by terrorism

If we are going to be attacked at home and abroad due to our support of Israel, shouldn't we know exactly who we are supporting? If we are going to give them money and weapons, shouldn't we know what their agenda is?

Argue one way or another about the nobility or morality of supporting Israel without question, but whatever side you choose, no one can deny that the US has a right to know who is getting our support and how they repay that kindness and trust. Tell me I'm wrong.

[edit on 19-10-2009 by andrewh7]

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Centurionx
reply to post by ProfEmeritus

I was just thinking the same thing, why risk using spies when you have Rahm Emanuel as chief of staff. He gets more than enough juicy information directly from the source.

I want to clarify that this thread is not about Jews. Israel is a country and does not represent all Jewish people throughout the world, especially those in the US. Israeli politicians and the people that elected them are responsible for the actions of Israel's military and intelligence services. While I strongly agree that a pro-Israel lobby has an enormous effect on our own politicians, my concern here is the actions of Israel as a country and the appropriateness of our official response to their provocative moves on our soil.

Antisemitism has been used as an excuse to avoid an appropriate level of scrutiny with regard to Israel. I don't want to provide those who would make these claims any additional ammo.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 09:30 PM
link   

I want to clarify that this thread is not about Jews. Israel is a country and does not represent all Jewish people throughout the world, especially those in the US.

True, and no one is saying that it is. However, perhaps you are not aware that Rahm Emanuel was an Israeli CITIZEN, who served in the Israeli army. His loyalty to the United States, as a result, is seriously, in question, as a result. In addition, his history as a political hit man, and his antics make him fair game, not as a Jew, but as someone with questionable loyalties.

new topics

top topics

join