It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your Melee Weapon

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by tjack
Who's going to go hand to hand with a chainsaw guy, right?

I laughed loud enough to scare my cat awake. No small task.

Anyway, I suppose I will pick a...crowbar.

Realistically it is what I would grab in an oh # situation and then I could 'forage' for the goods off the bodies of all these people thinking they are going to grab a sword and not wind up killing themselves.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aliensun

All that said, however, given the situation where your home will be attacked by one or more individuals--and you can bet your ass there will be a gang of them--you will need multiple knives (old iron butcher-type knives found at garage sales--avoid the thin, bendy stainless steel type) would be your best and CHEAPEST bet. BTW knives tend to get stuck in bodies, that is why you need more than one handy. Sharper is not always better. Military bayonets, for example, are not very sharp for a reason, they get hungup on bone structures. The same would go for a saw-tooth blade top on a knife. Don't expect jab more than once with one without using your foot against the body to extract it. With bayonets, the army said to fire your rifle to free the bayonet.

If your home is being attacked by a gang, wouldn't it be smarter to just run, then to try to fight them off???

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 09:00 PM
link   
In a SHTF scenario, my melee weapon would be a framing hammer or crowbar, purely for the dual-purpose aspect (utility and defense)

If I were choosing a weapon purely for melee combat, would probably choose about a 6-foot spear or pike. I wouldn't necessarily consider myself 'skilled' but at least it would give me reach.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 10:30 PM
link   
How about a pitchfork? it allows one to keep people at a distance, who are using many different weapons. Most of the weapons mentioned require the person using them to be in close contact with an opponent. The pitchfork length allows a buffer zone of protection, and in a last case scenerio, it could be thrown.
It's not a perfect weapon, but it does have it's good points.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Aliensun

Body Disposal 101

Take a coat hanger and pull it into a "diamond". Cover your hands with two each doubled up grocery bags. These are your field improvised disposable body fluid protective devices. Insert both legs up to the ankles through the "diamond" coat hanger with the hook down. You do not want to puncture your improvised body fluid protective devices. Twist the coathanger like the "twist tie" on a bread wrapper. One full turn will lock the ankles in place. If you have an assistant you can repeat the process at the neck. Drag the bodies by the "handle" to a location where the smell may be difused. Street intersections are an excellent choice. Arrange in a convient geometric pattern. My choice is the NAZI swastica. Dirt bags under stand this symbol and makes the activity look like a message from the Aryan Brotherhood. Remove body fluid protective devices. Littering is OK! Douse with petrol if available. Ignite. There is nothing like a partly burned body to enhance the Message. Return home. Get some sleep you'll need it.

2nd line ... where is the ATS spell checler ???

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Can u say FUBAR

img.hgtvpro.com...

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 07:23 PM
link   
hmm..... so many to choose from

i'm gonna go with pool ball in a tube sock. sure it isn't that practical for anything but clubbing someone in the skull, but its got the range to beat any person with a knife, hatchet, club etc

plus you could use the ball as a projectile in a pinch........ that might be good for
hunting

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 10:02 PM
link   
I would have to say mine would be a perfectly balanced twin edge sword that isn't too heavy. Easy to maneuver and you can put it away in its sheath. Kind of medieval, but I have had practice and find it the best.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by spines

Originally posted by tjack
Who's going to go hand to hand with a chainsaw guy, right?

Realistically it is what I would grab in an oh # situation and then I could 'forage' for the goods off the bodies of all these people thinking they are going to grab a sword and not wind up killing themselves.

I keep a fake (not sharp) katana beside my bed. so I would grab that.

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 03:51 AM
link   
a four foot long rod of Teflon i picked up from work it is light weight works good as a walking stick and is nigh unbreakable

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 03:53 AM
link   
reply to post by red_leader

yeah noiw imagine a fubar in each hand

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 04:31 AM
link   
2 of these bad boys and im good to go

mace

edit for pic

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/36168b24e71f.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit on 20-11-2009 by KINGOFPAIN]

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 04:36 AM
link   

This, of course.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 05:37 PM
link   
My choices are a walking stick or staff made from Ironwood (hophornbeam) same family of woods that are used for bokens and other training weapons.
staffs have a million purposes and are a great extension of the body.

For closer quarters, I have the kershaw outcast bush knife. Good for many purposes, and great sheath system. Its reasonably priced and tough as nails, made from tool steel (not the best but better than most machetes or bush knives in its class). I like the idea of a cold steel kukri but too rich for my blood (someday, I'd like to make my own from a cold steel blank blade) and purposes. I got the outcast off ebay for about $75. The Ka-bar kukri would be good too as well the M-tech kukri hog knife is it? its seems good also.

I also highly recommend studying an internal martial art to improve melee skills. Higher level Tai chi really helps in anticipating and avoiding attacks. Listen, yield/withdraw, uproot balance, then attack. Learning how to move and neutralize opponents movements compliments the use of any melee weapon.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 05:39 PM
link   
A mallet. A big wooden mallet.

When my primary goes down I just transition to my mallet and start whacking fools on the forehead!

Nothing says reliability like no moving parts.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 11:21 PM
link   
My walking stick. Its always near by and I can use it as a defensive or offensive weapon.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 07:14 PM
link   
www.deadonstore.com...

I told my son a year ago when I bought one of the annihilator wrecking bars that it would be my war hammer if needed.

Probably a little heavy for those with an office job but I can assure you if you can handle it, it would serve many purposes.

As it is, it took me a week to get over being sore from using it on a regular basis, and I'm often referred to as popeye (fore arm size).

If I could take one and only one this would be it.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 03:47 AM
link   
As has been recenty said, situation would dictate the best possible weapon.
With that, in a holy crap what was that noise downstairs situation, barring the use of a firearm, would definately go with a good pole or bat with which to give range and power.
Now in a full out survival of the fittest the SHTF kind of time where survival is paramount, it's a toss up between an entrenching tool which has innumerable possibilities in the wild and urban scenarios and is practical to carry, or a good sturdy full tang knife. Preferably of a fighting variety(Kabar, bayonet, etc). Something sturdy, with a good strong blade and comfortable grip. Considering it can be used for basic defense, cleaning of carcasses and when attached to a good sturdy length of wood as a makeshift spear. A katana as has been previously mentioned even the expensive ones would not be able to stand up to the rigors of daily survival and has too much reach and danger to the inexperienced in CQB. A crowbar though would be handy if not a tad on the heavy side. Just my 20 cents.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 02:55 AM
link   
An e-tool is a good one. Can be compact, used to slice, chop, bust glass, et c.

Baseball bat is good. Unless it's wooden and it splits..uh oh.

Crow bar is heavy. If you miss the first swing it's likely you're in trouble.

If I'm in a knife fight, I'm taking either a Ka Bar, or an SOG. Both are BAMF knives if you ask me.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 05:07 AM
link   
im going with the modified AR-15 nail gun first.

but at the moment i carry an SOG flash II

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3647ee87d534.jpg[/atsimg]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join