It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Eye of the Earth.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lichter daraus
How does that work, when its a known fact that the moons drag is slowing the rotation of the earth and our days are becoming longer. That's why we have leap seconds added every year or something like that.

Generally speaking you are correct with the moon slowing down our rotation, over thousands and millions of years that is. However the dominant factor short term (less than a few thousand, possibly hundreds of years) is actually weather patterns, particularly jet streams.

The shorter patterns here (mostly from weather but also partly changes in our core) can last for decades. We happen to be in one of those phases now, since 1992 in fact.

Great question btw

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Lichter daraus

I think there was a mixture of ideology here, one that the Earth's core could be hollow, or slightly hollow, and one that the Earth itself had no core at all, which would discount the way Earthquakes rebound off of something hard near where a core should be. I do believe we have a core. But I am stunned at the realization that if gravity is only a force that comes from mass, that the mass outside of the core being greater than the mass inside, should have an attraction to it, thus causing the core to thin out.

I personally believe that gravity is a standing wave, or harmonic wave phenomena that occurs sub-atomically and when more and more mass accumulates, the wave is amplified and pulls or oscilates enough to kind of bring things toward it, in a subatomic flow we do not have instruments small enough to detect.

My belief in this matter comes from an experience I had with a chainsaw. Now, I know how silly that sounds, please bear with me.

I've always been interested in cosmology and astronomy. When I was about 14, I read up on Einstein's theory of relativity. So it was during this time that I experienced something strange. My grandfather, father, and I were cutting wood in the forest, or about to. They had just bought a new chainsaw, it was foreign. Kawisaki, is that it, I can't remember. It was greenish/yellow. Anyway, I started it, and was about to use it, when I put my hand on the handle, it grabbed my hand back. Now, it was not a short. If you touched anything else, there was no grabbing effect. The saw vibrated at a high pitch and very badly so. It eventually died on us. But I could not use the saw, neither could my dad or grandfather. The handle had a thin strip of rubber foam on it, and it added a kind of bounce to the vibration. This vibrational attraction went away only slightly when it was revved up to cutting speed. And I have been shocked before, both my ac and dc current, but I had never felt anything like that ever again or before that time. I had even, well, stupidly, tried to get one lawn mower to help jump another by connecting their plug wires, and then I held both handles. That was a nice electrical jolt. But from then on, I worked every night, in my head, to figure out how vibrations alone could pull things toward themselves, then how these could form inside of atoms.

So my theory is that as atoms become compressed, they not only compress in this dimension, but also in the lower dimension, the one that holds atoms together in the sub space that creates phenomena such as spooky action at a distance. I believe those atoms and particles are actually linked below our common idea of what is space. And I believe there is a whole new world to explore at that sub level of physical existence. I believe that when these atoms compress, they cause a natural vibration that becomes amplified as more and more compression occurs, and in turn, actually causes more and more material to conglomerate.

But what is at the center of a planet? Is it the same as at the center of a star? Could it be that our stars and planets rotate around a single atom? Sometimes, with the strange fractal patterns seen in the cosmos, and with odd power lines around our planet, I think that is indeed what is at the center of every rotating body, including the Earth. But it is just a theory.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by president
Wouldn't the hyper-gravity cause the material at the core to move outward,makeing the center a total void, like the eye of a hurricane or tornado

I had the same thought occur to me recently, that the very exact center of the Earth is a void. It seems like the very center of everything is a void. Even the crux of what makes up "everything" seems to be nothing at all, like a dream, ultimately. We just have all these different layers of things appearing real to convince us that it's not really just nothing.

This is a natural, healthy thing, though. Nothing is the source of everything. It's the potential before it is manifest; it contains all possibilities and is capable of becoming any particular thing as it radiates outward. Personalities and individualities adorn the nothingness like the most beautiful jewels.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 08:12 PM
link   
The Earth is very dense in the center, due to large amounts of pressure being exerted upon it. The layers go from the crust, to the liquid mantle, the liquid outer core, and the solid inner core. Though the heat begins to rise tremendously as you near the center, the extreme pressure keeps the inner core, made of iron and nickel, from melting. Scientists are also pretty sure that there is actually zero gravity at the center of the Earth.

<< 1  2   >>

join