It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird Email Sent To Me...Latin?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 02:39 PM
link   
I've tried looking around online for a tranlation to English, can't find anything.
Recieved by an evil ex-girlfriend, haha, so who knows.

Heres the URL with the text included.

Ascendo tuum Satanas! Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem!

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by ThirdJohnAdams

Well, i tried to translate it on google translate and this is what it gave me.

"Ascendo tuum Satan! Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ad ventosissimis exponebantur Necemed!"

Doesn't make any sense to me...

Maybe she just made up some random crap, who knows.

[edit on 07/16/2009 by Lichter daraus]

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   
I ran a search for the text -
www.yuni.com...

Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem
-
In the good old days, children like you were left to perish on windswept crags

As for Ascendo, I think that's rise, and Satanas is Satan, obviously.

Looks like tu'um means "thine."

So... Rise thine Satan?

Edit:
More searching, seems it means up yours.
Nevermind.

So... Up yours satan

[edit on 19-10-2009 by RuneSpider]

[edit on 19-10-2009 by RuneSpider]

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Translations:

To climb your To pay a creditor! The ancients temporibus , nation to you similar upon rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur to necem!

Does that make any sense to you?? I used this online translation tool....

I guess it's a personal message so it don't really mean much to me.

edit:

Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem
-
In the good old days, children like you were left to perish on windswept crags

Looks like rune got a better translation! - someones not a huge fan of you are they

[edit on 19/10/2009 by Now_Then]

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 02:53 PM
link   
I'll give it a try:
Up your a** Satan! In the good old days, children like you were left to perish on windswept crags.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by ThirdJohnAdams

Up yours Satan! In the good old days, children like you were left to perish on windswept crags.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 02:56 PM
link   
I've always wondered what is up with those emails that are full of random stuff.

Better, the ones that have hidden text in them - that you only see probably if you are a "phantom clicker" like I am. I like to randomly click on my mouse and sometimes randomly highlight things on my screen by dragging and selecting sections.

This quite often in those emails reveals areas with random crappola that is transparent.

Sending information by spamming would still work for undercover work. Everything has to go through ISPs, and there are still major backbone hubs. If you spammed it, eventually some of it would end up on your controlled backbone. You could have ways of recreating a final message by reconstructing the packets of message incased in emails.

edit to add: You know - I think I'll make a thread of this.

[edit on 2009/10/19 by Aeons]

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 02:58 PM
link   
www.yuni.com...

Ascendo tuum Satanas! Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem!

Translation:
Up yours Satan! In the good old days, children like you were left to perish on windswept crags!

[edit on 10/19/2009 by NJE03]

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Well, ok we know what it means now. Now what. Must of had a bad break up with her, huh?

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   
This appears to be nonsensical Latin because the person who wrote it in Latin apparently didn't know Latin.

Guessing from the roots, prefixes, and suffixes of the nonsensical words, you get:

Climb your Satan! The (passing) ancients, a similar nation upon the (rapture) of (righteous) growing Vanity!

I think they were trying to say:

Ascend O' Satan! As the fleeting ancients, your's is a similar nation grown righteous in your growing Vanity!

Of course, Necemed is not even Latin, but Swedish.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Ok, there are a lot of so-called wiccans on here. Come on, use your Satanic Bible to decipher this....or not.

Probably says something positive about Satan, given the above attempts at translation. It is not really Latin, as the words are set improperly. For example, antiquis temporibus is two nouns, no adjective. Ascendo is not the Latin form, more like Italian. Looks like a teenager came up with some patchwork made-up "Lord of the Rings" jibberish.

Nonsensicus ventissimorum.

[edit on 19-10-2009 by Jim Scott]

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by fraterormus
This appears to be nonsensical Latin because the person who wrote it in Latin apparently didn't know Latin.

Guessing from the roots, prefixes, and suffixes of the nonsensical words, you get:

Climb your Satan! The (passing) ancients, a similar nation upon the (rapture) of (righteous) growing Vanity!

I think they were trying to say:

Ascend O' Satan! As the fleeting ancients, your's is a similar nation grown righteous in your growing Vanity!

Of course, Necemed is not even Latin, but Swedish.

Just someone trying to appear smarter than they are.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lichter daraus

Just someone trying to appear smarter than they are.

Now that wasn't very nice! (And you do realize, that the same could be said in return by the one pointing their finger...) I know enough Latin from Catholic school 30 years ago to get the jist of something, and to know when someone's conjugation is bad, or they are waxing poetic by using multiple adjectives without a verb. However, I'll be the first to admit that I am not a Latin scholar by any stretch of the imagination, and that my attempts to define the words in parentheses was entirely a educated guess of prefix+root+suffix when it was a non-existent word.

As Jim Scott after me had mentioned, it is a hodge-podge of some Latin words mixed with Italian, Swedish and even made up words in a structure that isn't sound. Granted Latin is a poetic language that doesn't have a set sentence structure, allowing it to be rearranged as necessary, but it still has set conventions that the passage does not abide.

I concur that it was probably fitted together by someone who didn't know what they were doing.

Of course, you are more than welcome to leave another one-liner in disagreement.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 03:38 PM
link   
I get them all the time. It's called junk mail.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Jim Scott

Ok, there are a lot of so-called wiccans on here. Come on, use your Satanic Bible to decipher this....or not.

To address a point. Wiccans don't use the Satanic Bible, that would be actual Satanists.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Sorry guys, I was out and about. That was my father, posting under my account. Our new question to you guys, she had a DVO filed on him which was to last a year. Neither of them were supposed to engage in open contact with each other. Could this be a violation, if so, bwhahahaha.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 06:49 PM
link   
I would assume it is.

top topics

join