It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PM warns of climate 'catastrophe'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   

PM warns of climate 'catastrophe'

news.bbc.co.uk

The UK faces a "catastrophe" of floods, droughts and killer heatwaves if world leaders fail to agree a deal on climate change, the prime minister has warned.
Gordon Brown said negotiators had 50 days to save the world from global warming and break the "impasse".
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   
50 days to save the world? If we are to believe all the hype about climate change, then it would appear it's already too late. From what the GW people say, we will have polar ice caps melting flooding the low lying areas within a few years. Any laws enacted to reverse these things would not be enforced quick enough to change any outcome of said death and destruction. I am afraid all these alarmists are doing is prolonging any change the average person would do to help the environment. It is sad that our leaders think us so stupid that we need to be lied to about disaster in order for them to be heard. Try truth for a change. I understand it's a foreign concept, but look it up.

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Sheople fodder.

Just another way to tax our PTB-whipped asses.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Yeah, I think its just a scam to squeeze people for more tax dollars. Its pathetic. It kind of reminds me of those idiotic TV infomercials...

But this price of $20 trillion is good for today only! Act now, and we'll throw in SECOND Global Warming prevention plan, absolutely FREE! Here's how to order!

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Wow.

It seems that the whole catastrophic global warming is still hanging on in spite of being a complete fabrication. In the IPCC's own report says that if we do everything we can, we will only delay the effects of global warming by a few years (from 2100).

Gorden Brown is a loony. He is downright lying to the people of Britain.

We need to focus on dealing with other world issues like malaria, hunger, HIV, indoor air pollution, clean drinking water, and misappropriated foreign aid before we deal with carbon taxes or cap and trade. And even before taxes and cap and trade, the only way out is Research and Development.

Catastrophic Climate Change is an unsubstantiated excuse for useless spending. It is like saying that we took out Saddam because of his close ties to the 9/11 attack. It simply isn't true and is only meant to make people scared.

f%&#ing Climate Mongers....

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Have we not just been warned about this. Come this december there was talk about a bill or agreement or something was to be signed/passed, disguised under climate change but was really solidifying the NWO. I dont know about you, but i read that and it seems like they're making an ultimatum...50 days or we're screwed, f!@#ing kidding me, i think its the final push, end of 09.

[edit on 19-10-2009 by Bickk]
EDIT:Its not about taxes, its how they're going to move enough money to start the NWO...c'mon its soo obvious.

[edit on 19-10-2009 by Bickk]

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by network dude

The only catastrophe the PM is going to have is the loss of profits and the benefits of taxing everybody for even the air they breath.

With over thousands of lobbyist and more interest groups ready to put in plan how to squeeze more the hard working people in the nations in questions I can see already the mount sermons calling for the great flood.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Bickk

That is what I was thinking in the back of my mind. I try not to buy into the whole NWO is coming to get ya thing, but, forwarned is forarmed. I just fear anything TPTB attempt to push through in a big hurry. It reeks of misdirection.

Climate mongers, I like that.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 03:00 PM
link   
This is the same party that said they had "10 days to save the NHS"

they did a really, really bad job of that.

I suspect that if we rely on Brown and labour to "save the planet" then we are already doomed.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Monkey man has spoken, remember the man who saved earth from the financial crisis that he was involved in creating.

There is no such thing as global warming.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   
lets not forget about this little gem.

Our leaders sure do have this under control.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
Monkey man has spoken, remember the man who saved earth from the financial crisis that he was involved in creating.

There is no such thing as global warming.

What are you talking about?

Who are you derisively referring to as "Monkey Man?" Who "saved earth from the financial crisis that he was involved in creating?"

Are you talking about Gordon Brown?

top topics

join