It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran pulls back from deal on uranium enrichment

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by AvenginggeckoThe conspiracy theorist in me thinks that this is leading up to a green light for Israeli invasion. The US can condemn Israel on one hand but let it do its dirty work since we're strapped for cash and the public doesn't really want to open up another war.
I'm guessing that you misspoke when you said "invasion" because Israel is utterly incapable of invading Iran. They do not have the troop numbers, nor the means of transporting, adequately arming and resupplying them for any kind of invasion of Iran. A Jewish army invading Iran would be pure suicide as every single Iranian man, woman and child would take up arms against them. It would be an impossible war and one that Israel would never for a second even think about attempting.

Attacking Iran's nuclear facilities is difficult-enough for Israel, especially considering the distances involved would be stretching the limits of their fighters and their ability to carry adequate munitions. Invading Iran is virtually impossible.

As for the topic itself, I agree with others who have said that this is more stalling on the part of Iran. They know full well that the United Nations lacks the willpower and the resolve to act against them. They are using the same tactics that have been successfully used in the past by Saddam, North Korea and many others. This is another reason why the United Nations is utterly useless and completely impotent.

The world's leading state sponsor of terrorism is actively seeking nuclear weapons. Their President believes that it is his responsibility to bring about Armageddon and usher in the return of the Mahdi. Causing WWIII, in his mind, will accomplish this. He wants to rid the world of Israel and even the United States. We cannot deal with Iran as though they are your run of the mill rational government, because they're not. They are an oppressive and unelected regime that is filled with extremists and will do whatever they can to destroy us. The only question is... are we going to let them?

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Rasputin13

Look, it's very simple. Following the North Korean model, once again iran lied to buy time to build their nuclear weapons program.

Unfortunately, whether it was due to naivety, foolishness, believing in appeasement, anti-semitism, or whatever, many people swallowed the lie whole.

[edit on 10/20/2009 by centurion1211]

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Thread Update:

Still No Word From Iran on Proposed Nuclear Deal

23 October 2009

There is still no word from Iran on whether it will accept a uranium enrichment deal proposed by the United Nations nuclear agency, but the French foreign minister says the signs are, in his words, "not positive."

The plan would give Iran access to uranium enriched to a level sufficient for civilian use, but lower than what is needed for a nuclear weapon. Negotiators in Vienna had set a Friday deadline for an agreement.

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

This is not good.

Fresh Doom!

I am sure Israel is warming up the planes.

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rasputin13

The world's leading state sponsor of terrorism is actively seeking nuclear weapons. Their President believes that it is his responsibility to bring about Armageddon and usher in the return of the Mahdi. Causing WWIII, in his mind, will accomplish this. He wants to rid the world of Israel and even the United States. We cannot deal with Iran as though they are your run of the mill rational government, because they're not. They are an oppressive and unelected regime that is filled with extremists and will do whatever they can to destroy us. The only question is... are we going to let them?

Huh. I could swear I hear similar talk of Iraq in 2002...

Back to the point though, you are right that Iran never intended to accept the deal. They are buying time, but they are also working hard to paint the US and UK as the bad guys. They know the international stage is huge and requires a good screenplay, choreographer and actors to put on a convincing show. I doubt they will instigate an attack any time soon. Between NK and Iran I see NK as having much more 'irrational and insane' motive to launch a nuke than Iran. Iran actually acts rather rational and once possessing a nuke will only use that possession as a bargaining chip - as the rest of the nuke countries do.

Who benefits from a full-scale war out there? Not Iran.

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Well.. looks like they finally rejected it. No surprise.

duh

top topics

<< 1   >>

join