It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canada: 1st H1N1 vaccine doses shipped to provinces

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Canada has shipped two million doses of swine flu vaccine to provinces and territories, Health Minister Leona Aglukkaq said Monday.

"Two million doses of vaccine have already been shipped to provinces and territories to facilitate the implementation of their programs, once authorization is given," Canada's chief public health officer, Dr. David Butler-Jones, said at a news conference.

The approval process is well underway, and clinical trials to test the vaccine have started, Aglukkaq said. "Pre-positioning" the vaccine across the country before the approval comes is part of good planning, she said.

The clinical trials will test the vaccine on tens of thousands of people, including babies over six months of age and aboriginal Canadians.

The two million doses all include a chemical booster known as an adjuvant, said Butler-Jones. It's anticipated that eventually three million doses per week or more will be available across the country, he added.

The federal government has also purchased nonadjuvanted vaccine for pregnant women and young children. It's too soon to say when those doses will be available, Butler-Jones said.

www.cbc.ca...

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   
So two million doses of the vaccine have been sent out to Canadian provinces even though the vaccine hasn't been approved here yet. The article also mentions that this is a clinical trial that will "test the vaccine on tens of thousands of people."

The Canadian vaccine contains a "chemical booster known as an adjuvant".

There's no way I'm taking that vaccine! Seriously couldn't pay me enough to have that junk injected into me. I value my health and life. The vaccine risks far outweigh any potential benefits.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by ZombieSlayer

Please define aboriginal Canadians? That real peeked my interst.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by poedxsoldiervet

Well Canada has a large First Nations population.
en.wikipedia.org...

First Nations is a term of ethnicity that refers to the Aboriginal peoples in Canada, who are neither Inuit nor Métis. There are currently over 600 recognised First Nations governments or bands spread all across Canada, roughly half of which are in the provinces of Ontario and British Columbia. They are from a number of diverse ethnic groups like, the West Coast Salish, Ojibwe and Haida, the centrally located Iroquois, Blackfoot and Wyandot (Huron), the Dene people in Northern Canada, the Innu, Mi'kmaq, Odawa and Algonquins in Eastern Canada.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Until I understand more about the vaccine, adjuvant inclussion means NO TAKE. I was equally educated after reading the Germany split between taking the non-adjuvant (Chancellor, Top Admins and Military) v. adjuvant juiced for the People.
Thanks for the info.

Decoy

new topics

top topics

join