It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ready to revolt: Oath Keepers pledges to prevent dictatorship in United States

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   

READY TO REVOLT: Oath Keepers pledges to prevent dictatorship in United States

www.lvrj.com

Launched in March by Las Vegan Stewart Rhodes, Oath Keepers bills itself as a nonpartisan group of current and retired law enforcement and military personnel who vow to fulfill their oaths to the Constitution.

More specifically, the group's members, which number in the thousands, pledge to disobey orders they deem unlawful, including directives to disarm the American people and to blockade American cities. By refusing the latter order, the Oath Keepers hope to prevent cities from becoming "giant concentration camps," a scenario the 44-year-old Rhodes says he can envision happening in the coming years.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 19-10-2009 by DimensionalDetective]

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Hmm, this could get interesting...

There will likely be two viewpoints to this:

The side that notices all of the garbage and sneaky "camps" and "terrorism drills" between LE and military taking place across the states in certain areas...And these people will be smiling at this group of "oath keepers".

Then there will be the side that feels there is nothing sinister taking place, that everything is being done to "protect us" from all of the boogey-men enemies looking to get us, and that none of the above activities have any credence to our freedoms whatsoever....And that group will likely view these "oath keepers" as paranoid loonies.

My guess is that the gov is already probably keeping heavy surveillance on all of these folks, and we can already see the "extremist" dialogue being tossed out there...

Something to keep an eye on IMHO...

www.lvrj.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Wow, you both posted at the exact same time lol.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Not sure which one to post in, so I guess I will post in both.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by BaronVonGodzilla

Haha, yeah, I think budski beat me by about 20 seconds, haha.

Mods, you can move this one to the trash bin.

Ya win some, ya lose some.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Although seemingly something patriotic and dictatorship-preventive, the problem lies in this sentence:

That THEY deem unlawful.....

As we've learned from the whole definition of "natural born citizen" and the neverending debate that still rages on, one person, or groups', definition of said laws is often open to interpretation.

Could this in fact be the group that Obama/Pelosi were referring to when warning about returning veterans and ex-military personnel banding together?

As of right now, I give the group two thumbs up for at least remembering we have a constitution in this country.

What they do with their new power has yet to be seen.
Definitely worth keeping an eye on.

PS - I have my fingers crossed that this doesn't turn into yet another fanatical cult simply looking for blood.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

Thanks DD

hit me up with a flag then mate

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by budski

You got it my brother.

You and I have often been on the same wave length over the past couple of years, and it shows we still are. haha

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 01:21 PM
link   
It is moral to disobey ALL LAWS - as they are simply tools used to control you.

There is no distinction - no laws passed are for your benefit - disobey everything.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 05:51 AM
link   
Er ... why are there two identical threads for this ... and that on the front page of ATS?

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 06:39 AM
link   
Excellent post and observation. I am a Veteran and ex-LEO... and this group is nothing more than than a bunch of predominantly white, Conservative thugs who think wrapping themselves in the flag and cross means they are the conscience for the entire country.

Might as well be the Hell's Angels threatening us.

Originally posted by lpowell0627
Although seemingly something patriotic and dictatorship-preventive, the problem lies in this sentence:

That THEY deem unlawful.....

As we've learned from the whole definition of "natural born citizen" and the neverending debate that still rages on, one person, or groups', definition of said laws is often open to interpretation.

Could this in fact be the group that Obama/Pelosi were referring to when warning about returning veterans and ex-military personnel banding together?

As of right now, I give the group two thumbs up for at least remembering we have a constitution in this country.

What they do with their new power has yet to be seen.
Definitely worth keeping an eye on.

PS - I have my fingers crossed that this doesn't turn into yet another fanatical cult simply looking for blood.

new topics

top topics

join