It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Want to know what the Swine flu is like? Here it is!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 09:06 PM
link   
The severe headache/ body aches concern me. I have a bad back/ neck, and with regular flue, or even a cold, I feel like I was run over. This sounds like I'll feel like a building fell on me!

I am not able to afford a lot of the stuff described in some of the posts- but I do have 'silver water', done the old fashioned way (VERY. Old. Fashioned.) I have a genuine 8 Real piece (1804), and a Mercury dime in a Brita water pitcher. Seems to be doing the trick... I feel pretty darned good usually. Been drinking this concoction for about a year and a half now. I try to eat healthy (and yes, I succumb to junk food every so often), if I want candy, I really try to keep to real chocolate. if it comes down to brass tacks, I'll do the concoction I learned about a long while back: ginger, honey, lemon, tea, and rum. brew the whole mess minus the rum, dump that in after the tea is brewed, drink, grimace, repeat.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 09:12 PM
link   
My biggest fear with H1N1 was the consequences of vaccinating, or not, my children. Now that they have all had it and recovered I don't have to waste another thought on the matter. My wife and I managed to avoid it and neither of us plan to get the vaccine , especially after seeing it come and go. If I had underlying conditions I'd probably be willing to get the jab.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Hi this article is from Australia . Three days after this teenage girl has flu symptoms /ylekj76 within two weeks of this article going to press she lost her feet . Safe link to the Sunshine Coast news au .

Swine flu teen to lose feet
Kathy Sundstrom | 8th September 2009

A Sunshine Coast teenager has been told her feet will have to be amputated in a desperate attempt to save her life after she contracted swine flu and pneumonia.

Fiona Summersides, 18, has been fighting for her life at Brisbane’s Prince Charles and Wesley hospitals.

She developed “flu-like” symptoms on July 24. Three days later she was admitted to Nambour General Hospital where her health deteriorated rapidly.

Within a week, her father, Terry, was told his precious child might die.

An emotional Terry said his brave girl had fought back and they were working to replan the future

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Windycity

I found out recently (to my surprise) that the rapid Flu test done in the ER and docs office is only 60% accurate. This means that 40% of the people that test negative are actually positive. A lab technition told me this. I supose this is why the doctors don't rush to test, unless they consider you a high risk. This is why the diagnosis is still based mainly on presenting symptoms. Just because you tested negative does not mean you didn't have it.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by zippy1958

How terrible. No parent should have to go through this. I can't imagine what I would do.

As to what caused it....keep in mind that ANY viral infection can make its way to the brain and cause meningits...which means inflamation of the lining of the brain. This is why it is also one of the complications with chicken pox. The more people that get this, the higher numbers of complications we will see.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 09:41 PM
link   
I am in the Pacific Northwest also, my boss came to work today, extremely sick and stating his daughter had the same thing. They had tested her for H1N1 and you guessed it, it came back positive today.

If people are not feeling well, why not stay home? We disinfected as much as we could but we work in a retail store so it also puts our customers in jeopardy of picking it up. Although as fast as it is spreading around here you can get it pretty much from anywhere you go.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 10:03 PM
link   
It's odd how this flu starts off with headaches... not sniffles, or the dreaded 100 yd Dash to the toilet... Does the virus try to go for the brain first? I'm trying to not make it sound like some sort of 'mind control virus'... but it does seem odd the first shot out of the gate is a nasty headache.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 10:15 PM
link   
I am getting frustrated with this swine flu stuff. I think the numbers are a lot bigger than they are saying. No one wants to take an illness seriously unless you have tested positive for H1N1. There are so many kids being hospitalized around here. We lost another kid in the town next to ours over the weekend. 11 years old. None of these are being reported as the swine flu. Most of them sound like they had the swine flu before they became so ill, but by the time they end up in the hospital, H1N1 is not detectable. But hay, it wasnt swine flu so what? disregard them? Its crazy! Its like they dont take you serious unless you've been "tested". Do they really think that you can only have the flu if you've had the test? Your not really sick unless you have been "Dr. confirmed". Im not sure I have ever wanted to shake someone before as bad as I do when I get that snide condescending tone asking me if it has been Dr. confirmed when I say my son has the flu. I know what the flippin flu is. Its not that hard to figure out.

Sorry, had to rant there a bit.

The one thing I notice about this flu, is that it goes back and forth. My son had a bad cough for a month. All better. Then he had a headache. All better. Then his whole body hurt, bloodshot eyes, and fever of 101.8. Took him to the Dr. and his fever was gone. Later it came back. Off and on constantly with out meds. He tested possitive for the flu. It took a week of back and forth for that thing to be gone. Granted they put him on tamiflu immediatly. The nurse at the school said a lot of kids are comming and going back and forth. So, she asked me not to bring him back unless his temp was below 99. On the last day, we both thought he was all better. His fever was below 99 for more than 24 hours, was feeling fine. With in a half hour his fever jumped back up and he threw up all day long. Next day he was tired, but better. Now here we are two weeks later and that darn cough is comming back again!

The boy who passed away this weekend went on and off like that for three weeks.

Another little girl I know who was hospitalized acted like she was fighting off a bad cold for a couple of weeks. Her fever never got above 100 so they thought it was either a cold or allergies. Then she started getting sick like my son did, and unfortunatly became severly dehydrated. Her mom said it happened so fast.

Anyway, what Im trying to say is that the numbers are a lot bigger they they are saying.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrsdudara
I am getting frustrated with this swine flu stuff. I think the numbers are a lot bigger than they are saying. No one wants to take an illness seriously unless you have tested positive for H1N1. There are so many kids being hospitalized around here. We lost another kid in the town next to ours over the weekend. 11 years old. None of these are being reported as the swine flu. Most of them sound like they had the swine flu before they became so ill, but by the time they end up in the hospital, H1N1 is not detectable. But hay, it wasnt swine flu so what? disregard them? Its crazy! Its like they dont take you serious unless you've been "tested". Do they really think that you can only have the flu if you've had the test? Your not really sick unless you have been "Dr. confirmed". Im not sure I have ever wanted to shake someone before as bad as I do when I get that snide condescending tone asking me if it has been Dr. confirmed when I say my son has the flu. I know what the flippin flu is. Its not that hard to figure out.

Sorry, had to rant there a bit.

The one thing I notice about this flu, is that it goes back and forth. My son had a bad cough for a month. All better. Then he had a headache. All better. Then his whole body hurt, bloodshot eyes, and fever of 101.8. Took him to the Dr. and his fever was gone. Later it came back. Off and on constantly with out meds. He tested possitive for the flu. It took a week of back and forth for that thing to be gone. Granted they put him on tamiflu immediatly. The nurse at the school said a lot of kids are comming and going back and forth. So, she asked me not to bring him back unless his temp was below 99. On the last day, we both thought he was all better. His fever was below 99 for more than 24 hours, was feeling fine. With in a half hour his fever jumped back up and he threw up all day long. Next day he was tired, but better. Now here we are two weeks later and that darn cough is comming back again!

The boy who passed away this weekend went on and off like that for three weeks.

Another little girl I know who was hospitalized acted like she was fighting off a bad cold for a couple of weeks. Her fever never got above 100 so they thought it was either a cold or allergies. Then she started getting sick like my son did, and unfortunatly became severly dehydrated. Her mom said it happened so fast.

Anyway, what Im trying to say is that the numbers are a lot bigger they they are saying.

I'm telling you, it's atmospheric poisoning.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by wylekat
It's odd how this flu starts off with headaches... not sniffles, or the dreaded 100 yd Dash to the toilet... Does the virus try to go for the brain first? I'm trying to not make it sound like some sort of 'mind control virus'... but it does seem odd the first shot out of the gate is a nasty headache.

Yes - It's suspect. I have been thinking the same thing for some time now.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by exposethosesecrets

I'm telling you, it's atmospheric poisoning.

Normaly, I would think that was too far out there of an idea to buy into.

However, in all honesty, it makes too much scary sense.

We do live with in a 20 min drive of a large army ammunition plant. One that had to clean up a lot of depleted uranium.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by exposethosesecrets

/lq22k6
Hi , you may like to link to source , you are correct numbers are many more than said . Flu trackers numbers data base . Safe link . Grab a packed lunch and bottomless coffee and some tissues [ for the tears ] I did . USA and other countries .

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 11:09 PM
link   
S & F !
Kudos to the OP on posting up an informative and original story.
I had this last week and when I first got sick, I knew it was H1N1...
I have been reading about others symptoms but your account is an exact blow by blow of my Tuesday thru Sunday...
Thanks for sharing and arming others with the knowledge on how to not fear this wave of virus. So many people are tying to tell themselves that it's the regular flu. Doctors in my area won't test for H1N1...mine told me, treat it like the regular flu. He didn't say it wasn't H1N1.
Glad you are feeling better and that your Daughter is fine! My daughter has asthma, allergies galore and a weak immune system - I've been worried about her and this, bug.

I survived the swine flu 2009 !

Synth

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by westcoast

Dont they make you guys who work in hospitals take the vaccine?

Here in Sweden they give it to every health care worker, but the general population seems very skeptical about taking it. And rightly so.

[edit on 19-10-2009 by Copernicus]

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 11:27 PM
link   
You have got to love these threads that do scaremongering. If you all don't realise the southern Hemisphere has just been through the flu season all the hype turned out to be nothing.

As in another thread (one of many about swine flu)....

Total death toll for 4 million people (NZ pop) was 18 confirmed H1N1 and 3163 people have returned positive tests for swine flu. As at 30 Sept 2009.

Nearly all the deaths had under lying conditions e.g already knocking on deaths door.

Funny thing is we had nearly 300 deaths this winter from the normal flu strain that hits every year.

2009 Influenza Vaccine Strains
# A/Brisbane/59/2007 (H1N1)-like virus
# A/Brisbane/10/2007 (H3N2)-like virus
# B/Florida/4/2006-like virus

You do the maths when it comes to big business and profit.

We also had no vaccines to use either.

[edit on 19-10-2009 by greenfruit]

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Been there! Had that!

For me it was a lot like a bad head cold that stretched for a week with a few days after that to clear up the old lungscum.

Day 1: Scratchy throat, headache and some body aches.

Day 2: TIRED, minor body aches, extremely scratchy throat and building pressure in the sinuses. Slept with the duvet off!

Day 3-6: TORRENTIAL DOWNPOUR from the sinuses. Extremely tired!

Day 6: Some let up and the mucus is thickening, cough begins
Day 7: Extremely thick mucus, cough. My lungs did a great job of containment. The "thickening" might have been my body relearning / recalibrating to typical mucus volumes and viscosity. The days before it was like running water.

Day 8 - 11: Going but clearing up the remnants.

I spent a lot of time draining the sinuses to prevent post nasal drip, which is the prime reason for severe cough during a flu. You might not know it but as much as you blow out can make it down your throat without you even knowing! The less infected "glump" that drips down your throat and into your airways the better your odds. That's the thing! This flu made my sinuses OVERREACT to the point where I was scared of the sheer volume.

The one strange thing about my case is that for the past year I've had a single swollen tonsil due to a cryptic tonsil / tonsil stones ("tonsilliths") but when I came down with this bug the tonsil expelled a few stones and is half the size it was for a whole year!!! YAY! So there is a positive side to my story lol!

[edit on 19-10-2009 by Atlantican]

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 12:11 AM
link   
I AM GOING WITH THE ATMOSPHERIC POISONING.

In the past week here in the Pacific Northwest we have been bombarded with chemtrails like I have never seen before in my life. I was sick for two days and it was more like an allergy/headache thing than the flu.

I know for sure that it was the chemtrails it happens to me every single time they spray...

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Atlantican

I have tonsill stones . They suck don't they! I found using a toothpick I can get them out most time though.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 01:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Copernicus

Our hospital "strongly suggests" that we get vaccinated. I already turned down the seasonal flu shot and had to fill out a form explaining why. (I didn't have to do that last year).

I was told that so far it wasn't mandatory, but I might have to wear a mask at work if I didn't get it.

The nasal mist was dispensed at our hospital this past week. Fortunately, I did not spend any time at work, except for two hours, when my fever first hit me and I went home. I found out then that they had set up a vaccine clinic in the caffeteria, if you can believe that! We also have a cancer care clinic in our hospital, and many of the patients use this space.

I also found out that one of the ER docs and gotten the spray in the back office and then came out to work. He had commented on how the spray ran right back out his nose. (I wasn't there)

This weekend, when I found out the doc there was going to get it, I made a stink about it so he waited until he was done working. I just think it is negligent for us to be handling this live virus around the very people that are at risk from it. Just my personal opinion.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by greenfruit

This thread was not meant to perpetuate any fearmongering. Just the opposite. I meant it as a way to educate ourselves through real, personal experiences rather than relying on just the media hype.

I feel that we will find that for most, it is just another virus. You feel like crap for a few days and then you are fine. But as with any illness, there is going to be a certain percentage that have complications. Being educated on what to look out for is not about fear, but being prepared.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join