It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Want to know what the Swine flu is like? Here it is!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by westcoast

The fever has been gone since saturday night and he isn't wheezing. We actually took him on friday afternoon to get his lungs checked again because I was worried he would get worse over the weekend and end up in the ER.

He goes back to school tomorrow, and Im hoping he makes it through the day!

Lungs were fine, no evidence of secondary infection, just viral bronchitis-ish symptoms. He said if the cough doesn't get better by mid week it might be time for antibiotics to help clear it up.

We are doing Gaufinesin (mucinex) now and lots and lots of clear fluids to try and flush it all out.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by amatrine

My experience has also been very similar to the couple of other times that I got the flu...except the symptoms are going away faster.

Hope you have a speedy recovery!

[edit on 19-10-2009 by westcoast]

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by westcoast
I live in the Pacific Northwest and work in a hospital ER.

Just curious.

Have any of the doctors or staff done any heavy metal tests in hair samples?

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by gluetrap

Sounds like you are all over it and doing everything you need to. My daughter is going back to school tomorrow also. She probably would have been fine today, but I know the school would have freaked out if she is still coughing, although I believe it is just due to her asthma and not the virus. (no fever)

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by exposethosesecrets

Interesting question. No, I have not heard of this. I have never placed that kind of order in the ER, I don't think it is typically something tested for in emergent situations, but more chronic.

I can see where you are headed though and it is an interesting thought. Kinda goes with my whole detox theory also.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Interesting question. No, I have not heard of this. I have never placed that kind of order in the ER, I don't think it is typically something tested for in emergent situations, but more chronic.

I can see where you are headed though and it is an interesting thought. Kinda goes with my whole detox theory also.

Could be a chance to expose the NWO program.

Notice how symptoms are flu-like? And there is deep lung infection, suggesting PM2.5 inhalation.

It's a simple test in a hospital.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Hmmm...I'm not familiar with what you are speaking about, I will have to look into it. But again, I have never seen this type of test ordered, at least at our hospital.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Hmmm...I'm not familiar with what you are speaking about, I will have to look into it. But again, I have never seen this type of test ordered, at least at our hospital.

Well, toxic amounts of Mercury, lead and particulate contamination (metal particles in 2.5 nanomicron size) have been shown to be in the atmosphere.

Wouldn't it be wise to eliminate all possibilities. Heavy metal is the most common underdiagnosed diagnosable illness there is.

A simple five minute hair sample test in your lab would prove me wrong, or right.

[edit on 19-10-2009 by exposethosesecrets]

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Im just wondering if any sufferers here know anyone that has suffered swineflu and has actually taken Tamiflu as opposed to the Ibuprofen style cure that the OP took?

Would be interesting to see the differences in recovery rates, how they felt etc, etc....

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Me and the kids just got the vaccine today. Live Attenuated nasal spray. I am hoping the wife will get the weakened strain from us, and in turn get her immunities that way.

Nobody dropped dead, and I feel much better about the swine flu now. It is really a load off of my mind.

[edit on 19-10-2009 by Donkey_Dean]

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Great post. S & F.

What interests me is that based on the number of my friends or acquaintances who have been diagnosed with H1N1, and the severity that I noticed in relation to each of them, it seems that the diagnosis of "swine flu" is being thrown around haphazardly. I am no doctor albeit, but none of the people I know who were diagnosed were sick for more than a week. And some of them are now intent on receiving the vaccine. The equation just doesn't add up...

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 06:05 PM
link   
You guys shouldn't use Tylenol or Ibuprofen to lower the fever, you are only interrupting the body's natural defense against the infection thus delaying the healing process. Just suck it up and take it like a man!

Anyway thanks for the info OP, glad to see you and you're family are doing well.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by silentthought38

Everyone I know who has had it said they have never been so sick. My sister in law passed out and ran off the road, when the cops got there she was talking about composite sketches or some crap. She said she spent days talking to God as she was sure it was her time to go. A child in my nephews school died from swine. It is not a mild illness! I don’t imagine the drop in Medicare claims this year is just coincidence. I think the severity is being down played big time.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Roid_Rage27
You guys shouldn't use Tylenol or Ibuprofen to lower the fever, you are only interrupting the body's natural defense against the infection thus delaying the healing process. Just suck it up and take it like a man!

Anyway thanks for the info OP, glad to see you and you're family are doing well.

You shouldn’t treat a low grade fever or even 103, high grade fevers that can soar above 104-105 should be aggressively treated.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Sounds like a walk in the park where I come from. Every winter several bugs circulate through the community.
Since I began to eat more fruits and veggies...plus take supplements I rarely get a cold and when I do, it lasts a few days with very mild symptoms and then it's gone.
I take:
-one a day vitamin,
-gram of C, (prevents plaque from forming in your arteries and strengthens connective tissues....among other things)
-gram of Calcium,
-300 mg Magnesium (makes your heart and lungs strong plus some 300 other processes require it)
-10,000 IU D,
-Omega 3
-100mg Aspirin
-2 grams of creatine ethyl esters
-Protein shake.(every day you go without enough protein is a day you age prematurely).
-Don't forget to Exercise.

I'm glad you mentioned Tylenol. There is no excuse for parents to allow themselves or their children to suffer through a fever. Tylenol brings it down....and an alcohol rub helps too(available on request...:lol
JOKING!

Gravol works for nausea, and don't forget to drink lots of fluids. Ginger Ale is nice because ginger relaxes the stomach....you will need the sugar for energy while you fight the flu....Gatorade is pretty good too...it has some salt and potassium I think.

[edit on 19/10/09 by John Matrix]

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Well, I'm a bit of a health and herbal freak. Durring the last wave, I was taking some classes for a few days with people that had really bad coughs, I ended up suffered from slight nausea and muscle aches in my body for a few days, it was so mild i didn't think anything of it until I was helping my sister do some moving, I was low on energy and light headed, so I doubled some of my dosage and took half a teaspoon of colloidal silver, and in 20 minutes all my symptoms except some muscle fatigue was gone. I had my energy back and felt pretty good.

In September I took a flight, I ended up with nausea and a sore throat and did the same (except I didn't have the colloidal silver till I got home). At the hotel that night I took my emergency dosage and woke up the next morning feeling great, except for a slight sore throat that carried on for a couple days.

I don't suggest taking anything pharmaceutical to treat it since you can take a more natural approach and fast results.

Here are the supplements I take that have an affect on immune health:

For maintenance dose I take 6 Reishi Mushroom/Astragalus combo tablets a day which is very potent immune system booster. I take 1000mg of vitamin C, unless I've had a TON of fruit that day. Vitamin D3 (Or get some sun). And sometimes ginseng. Cod Liver Oil or Flax Seed Oil.

As soon as I feel an illness coming on, I take my normal dose, but usually triple my Vitamin C and double my Vitamin D3 intake and take a one time dose of colloidal silver.

I don't get sick often but this has worked great for me as long as I've used it. I find I usually only get sick when I've been slacking on my supplements.

[edit on 19-10-2009 by Scarcer]

[edit on 19-10-2009 by Scarcer]

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 06:38 PM
link   
There are a lot of cases being called swine flu that have not been confirmed as in fact swine flu.
A hospital worked told me that if they cannot ID the cuase of the illness they are supposed to call it swine flu or if you are young and in good health and have the flu they are calling it swine flu since you do not normally get the regular flu.

IMO They are trying to make the numbers bigger to make it seem like a bigger issue they it really is.

It is also important to note that in the hospital where I work they are putting "swine flu" people on the same floor as cancer patients...

TheGear

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Thank you thread stater

i was looking for the swine flu symptoms on the net, but then i realized most of those other swine flu symptoms are either fake or misleading the public,

Here are the misleading ones
pediatrics.about.com...
diseases-viruses.suite101.com...
www.youtube.com...

Going to star this thread

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by John Matrix
Sounds like a walk in the park where I come from. Every winter several bugs circulate through the community.
Since I began to eat more fruits and veggies...plus take supplements I rarely get a cold and when I do, it lasts a few days with very mild symptoms and then it's gone.
I take:
-one a day vitamin,
-gram of C, (prevents plaque from forming in your arteries and strengthens connective tissues....among other things)
-gram of Calcium,
-300 mg Magnesium (makes your heart and lungs strong plus some 300 other processes require it)
-10,000 IU D,
-Omega 3
-100mg Aspirin
-2 grams of creatine ethyl esters
-Protein shake.(every day you go without enough protein is a day you age prematurely).
-Don't forget to Exercise.

I'm glad you mentioned Tylenol. There is no excuse for parents to allow themselves or their children to suffer through a fever. Tylenol brings it down....and an alcohol rub helps too(available on request...:lol
JOKING!

Gravol works for nausea, and don't forget to drink lots of fluids. Ginger Ale is nice because ginger relaxes the stomach....you will need the sugar for energy while you fight the flu....Gatorade is pretty good too...it has some salt and potassium I think.

[edit on 19/10/09 by John Matrix]

Never heard of a lack of protein causing premature aging. I'll have to look into that

Though I strongly don't recommend Tylenol. It can be physically addicting and actually cause headaches when you don't take it, you'll end up taking way over the recommended dose which will damage your liver. My girlfriend had this problem and I had to get her off of it.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Wow! There are so many good comments. I didn't expect so many. I really hope that maybe sharing our experiences may help someone deal with and/or prepare for this better.

The poster that made the comment about very little lab confirmed cases is absolutely right. Mine was not lab confirmed. Most of the 'diagnosed' cases are based soley on presenting symptoms. So do I know for sure that I have H1N1? No. I am basing it on those symptoms and I have family members that WERE lab diagnosed, and their symptoms were pretty much identical, but with nausea with one of them. SO...you raise a good question about the statistical numbers. How accurate are they? We will most likely never know.

As far as treating a fever...I always treat it because that is what makes me feel the worst. I have kept mine around 100, which I think gives my immune system plenty of room to work. I am not suppressing my immune system with tylenol....I am only treating one of the symptoms of that work. Also, just a note I should have made earlier: With children and teenages suspected to have a viral illness, it has always been warned not to give aspirin to them due to the rare complication of reyes syndrome.

Tamiflu. Oh.....the great question of to take or not to take. At least in our area, they are only giving it to lab confirmed high-risk patients. My sister and her family qualified for this and recieved the drug. Comparing my illness to hers...my family has not been nearly as sick, even though my daughter is high risk for the same reason (asthma). Both my neices developed secondary lung infections...but perhaps it was a matter of not taking it soon enough, so I can not judge on that example alone. I have read many articles that argue against tamilfu, and i must say that I think they are good arguments. It is a personal decision. I recommend you educate yourself on it as much as possible before you have to face said decision.

I am a FIRM believer in vitamins/minerals. As I stated earlier, I am taking mega doses of Vitamin D and C. It certainly can't hurt and many researchers claim it helps more than any vaccine.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join