It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chemtrail proof! 1990 US Air Force document!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 02:21 PM
link   
I believe chemtrails are a real occurence. I have no speculation as to what the purpose of them may be.

These are some pictures I took in 07 at my son's tball game. I have no idea the time frame between pictures but they were all taken in a 30 minute time frame. My understanding of contrails are that they are frozen water vapor that dissipates as it thaws?

These trails started off as contrail looking, then slowly turned into larger clouds, you can see some of the transformation in the photos.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/52410f48cfc9.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/55a9d531411f.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/deac7ee14d47.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7c6ea02ec9a7.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/bc6bc9558e0b.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by ChemBreather

Then how come south america has less chemtrailing?

or why in the middle east there arent any chemtrails?

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by exposethosesecrets

Gee...do you even read the sourced material, or just look at titles???

Here's a snippet from just ONE document...

Previous studies of arctic aerosol have shown that (a) submicron mass concentrations exceeding 2 μg m-3 are often found in stratified layers at altitudes up to 9 km (Barrie 1986) throughout the Arctic during winter and early spring; (b) this aerosol is predominately
anthropogenic and transported from Europe and Asia
(Shaw 1982, 1988; Norman et al. 1999);

(c) more efficient scavenging during late spring and early summer leads to much lower submicron mass concentrations, particularly within 1 km of the surface (Wylie and Hudson 2002); and (d) local new particle production from dimethyl sulfide and organic emissions from
open ocean water leads to higher number concentrations of ultrafine particles during summer than during winter (Ferek et al. 1995; Leck and Bigg 2005). Figure 1 shows the seasonal cycle of
the monthly average cycle of cloud emissivity, cloud coverage, and the fraction of time that polluted conditions occur using four years of ground-based aerosol and radiation observations
near Barrow, Alaska.

They are STUDYING the effects of both man-made pollution, and natural 'pollution' and how it is carried in the atmosphere over great distances. (NOW, if these co-called "chemtrails" are being shown in Barrow, Alska...maybe they're trying to kill off Sarah Palin?? If so, then I applaud their efforts...)

More:

2. Relevance to long-term goals of the DOE Office of Biological and Environmental Research

This field campaign would provide data needed to test aerosol and cloud retrievals and cloud models designed for application to global climate models. Evaluation of retrievals would improve confidence in long-term retrievals at the ACRF NSA locale, thereby extending the value
of the data beyond the campaign period. Reliable long-term retrievals are necessary for detecting aerosol indirect effects on clouds. Evaluation of both single-column and cloud-resolving models will improve confidence in cloud parameterizations used for simulations of climate change.
Arctic clouds have proven particularly difficult to simulate, at least in part because aerosol and IN effects on arctic clouds are extremely poorly understood. These data would fill the gap in the understanding needed to improve arctic cloud parameterizations.

Later, in another post, I see titles of books about chemistry...because somehow the term "chemtrails" is in the title, this is supposed to be conclusive "proof"??

Wouldn't it be better to actually read the books first?

Here's some homework for everyone...notice the word "anthropogenic" that I bolded up above?? Google it, and see what it means. How's that for some real research?

PS...funny the mention of the New Mexico Library....there was a person on ATS a while back who was from somewhere like the Four Corners area who had a lot of the same misconceptions in the threads he/she started.....just sayin'

[edit on 19 October 2009 by weedwhacker]

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by ThaLoccster

Please, please tell me you didn't tell your son the junk science here...

ALL of those photos show clouds. Contrails are just artificial clouds.

I series of still photos showing changing sky and cloud cover is just weather and meteorology doing what it's been doing on this planet LONG before Humans ever appeared to mess it up...

I would recommend all these "chemtrail believers" do some study (there are plenty of online sources) into cloud types, shapes and formation altitudes.

Because, in your photos, the contrails are produced at MUCH higher altitudes than the stratus and fractocumulus that is formed below them.

Other pics show higher level cirrus type clouds moving in...all indications that the airmass aloft is conducive to contrail formation...it is really just that simple.

Those are clouds!

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Here's a news program about the Air Force cadets being quarantined.

Stop it at 2:16 to see the neat mural these creeps painted on their wall.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 02:33 PM
link   
No need to prove contrails and chemtrails exist, of course they do. We need proof that we are being sprayed and harmed. I can prove atomic bombs exist but I can't prove they are being dropped now.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Swine flu?? Really??

At the USAF Academy?? And this relates to so-called "chemtrails" how, again?

(AND...."creeps" to describe the folks who drew the 'neat mural' on what looks very much like a whiteborad??? "creeps"??? I think someone has issues OTHER than alleged "chemtrails"...)

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker

PS...funny the mention of the New Mexico Library....there was a person on ATS a while back who was from somewhere like the Four Corners area who had a lot of the same misconceptions in the threads he/she started.....just sayin'

Sorry, I guess I'm missing your point. Do you know how many people live in the four corners area??

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Swine flu?? Really??

At the USAF Academy?? And this relates to so-called "chemtrails" how, again?

(AND...."creeps" to describe the folks who drew the 'neat mural' on what looks very much like a whiteborad??? "creeps"??? I think someone has issues OTHER than alleged "chemtrails"...)

Do you have info that contradicts the fact that the USAF Acadamy has manual with the word chemtrails in it?

And yes, anyone who would allow that picture of the grim reaper standing above dead skull a brainwashed war mongering creep hell bent on eternal destruction.

[edit on 19-10-2009 by exposethosesecrets]

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Please, please tell me you didn't tell your son the junk science here...

ALL of those photos show clouds. Contrails are just artificial clouds.

I series of still photos showing changing sky and cloud cover is just weather and meteorology doing what it's been doing on this planet LONG before Humans ever appeared to mess it up...

I would recommend all these "chemtrail believers" do some study (there are plenty of online sources) into cloud types, shapes and formation altitudes.

Because, in your photos, the contrails are produced at MUCH higher altitudes than the stratus and fractocumulus that is formed below them.

Other pics show higher level cirrus type clouds moving in...all indications that the airmass aloft is conducive to contrail formation...it is really just that simple.

Those are clouds!

reply to post by weedwhacker

Lol...I don't mention chemtrails or just about anything contained on this website to my children. I prefer to let them be kids, and worry about mud pies and cooties.

I enjoy reading your posts and the level headed approach you "usually" bring to your debates. And I thank you for taking the time to reply to my post.

I didn't ever state the items in the photos were chemtrails or that I thought they were chemtrails. I was merely curious about them.

They were not just clouds. They were not there until planes flew over the area. I even question my knowledge of contrails in the post. They were in fact contrails from planes in the area.

I just posted the photos because I thought they were peculiar, based on my limited knowledge of contrails.

I apologize if my post insinuated otherwise.

But, do contrails dissipate in the atmosphere or do they spread out and become clouds?

Also, I'm not saying everything in the photos are/or are the result of con/chemtrails. There was plenty of cloud's about, some were created by these contrails though.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Do you have info that contradicts the fact that the USAF Acadamy has manual with the word chemtrails in it?

The illogic here is astonishing..."chemtrails" are allegedly top, top secret, YET the "proof" is a title that is splashed on the front cover of textbooks????

Have you read these books?

Suppose the title is just to make it seem fun to be on the "trail" of learning about chemistry? Chemical bonding patterns look like "trails"...who knows what the authors meant?

Nancy Drew is often on the "trail" of someone in her mystery books...sheesh!

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   

The illogic here is astonishing..."chemtrails" are allegedly top, top secret, YET the "proof" is a title that is splashed on the front cover of textbooks????

Have you read these books?

Suppose the title is just to make it seem fun to be on the "trail" of learning about chemistry? Chemical bonding patterns look like "trails"...who knows what the authors meant?

Nancy Drew is often on the "trail" of someone in her mystery books...sheesh!

No, I haven't read them. But I just found one closer to my location.

Disclosure is just around the corner.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 03:08 PM
link   

OK, since I'm just some anonymous poster on the interwebs..let's see what an actual phycisist with a name you can look up has to say:

www.nmsr.org...

The Attorney General's office recently contacted NMSR member Kim Johnson to help answer questions from constituents regarding the alleged dangers. Here is Kim's letter, reprinted with permission. -editor

M. Kim Johnson

October 31, 1999

Attorney General's Office

State of New Mexico

I have finished a review of letters sent to the Attorney General of New Mexico's office from several writers. In each of these letters, the writers express concern that aircraft are spraying biological or chemical materials into the atmosphere for unspecified purposes. One of the letters quotes anecdotal incidences of sickness that might be tied to the aircraft activity. The letters refer to "chemtrails" as well as contrails.

I have read the letters and reviewed the referenced web pages . In so doing, I have viewed a number of photos purporting to be of aircraft spraying the chemical or biological material into the atmosphere. I have also discussed these letters with another scientist familiar with upper atmospheric phenomena from Sandia National Laboratory and an retired general and fighter pilot who is an Air Force Hall of Fame Member inducted in at the same time as Neil Armstrong and former President Ford.

In summary, there is no evidence that these "chemtrails" are other than expected, normal contrails from jet aircraft that vary in their shapes, duration, and general presentation based on prevailing weather conditions. That is not to say that there could not be an occasional, purposeful experimental release of, say, high altitude barium for standard wind tracking experiments. There could also be other related experiments that occur from time-to-time which release agents into the atmosphere. However, not one single picture that was presented as evidence indicates other than normal contrail formation.

The variation in presentation is explained by the tropospheric conditions and, to some extent, the positioning of aircraft engines. When the troposphere experiences a relatively stable, supersaturated condition (water vapor in excess of 100% humidity without condensation), then any disturbance that causes formation of ice crystals provides nucleation surfaces for the supersaturated moisture to condense upon. When a jet engine burns its fuel, the major byproduct is water vapor. When the exhaust passes over the rear stabilizer of an aircraft, the tips or ends of the stabilizer cause the exhaust to expand rapidly. When it does, the temperature decreases rapidly within a turbulent flow, and ice crystal formation is forced. Generally, this makes it look as if the jet were spraying a cloud from the ends of the stabilizer. If the atmosphere is not at saturation, the contrail will not persist. The formed ice crystals will sublimate into the surrounding atmosphere. Hence, the appearance of a short, well formed vapor trail. If the water content is very low, then no discernible contrail will form at all. All the exhaust water will be absorbed by the atmosphere before there is time to form ice crystals.

If the atmospheric water content is not consistent with altitude (picture atmospheric "waves" of high water vapor content below a layer of low water vapor content much like waves on the ocean), then a jet will alternately pass through air that allows contrail formation and air that does not. This gives the appearance of a dashed line if the plane is flying at, or near the perpendicular to the waves. If the atmosphere is highly supersaturated, then the formed ice crystals may act as nucleation centers for a continual spreading of the contrail. In other words, the contrail actually causes the supersaturated moisture to condense, spreading out from its original path. This causes the formation of a cirrostratus cloud structure, far in excess of what would occur from a simple contrail.

One other phenomenon observed is the formation of contrails off wing surfaces along with the engine exhaust contrails. This can be caused when the air is highly supersaturated and the expansion of the air coming off of the wing surface is sufficient to cause ice crystallization. In this case, it appears that the whole plane is leaving a trail. This can often be observed by a passenger flying in a commercial airplane when entering cold, supersaturated air, particularly in the winter when close to a storm front.

There were no pictures or evidence that indicated anything other than the above contrail formation phenomena. Anecdotal stories of persons getting sick after contrails from obviously supersaturated tropospheric conditions lend no basis for belief that there are chemicals or biological agents being released. This type of story provides as much credence to "chemtrails" as does the belief that drinking milk is causally linked to heroin addiction. (Almost all heroin addicts in the US drank milk as children.)

Please contact me if there are any questions.

Sincerely,

M. Kim Johnson, Physicist

Said basically what we here on ATS keep saying, but certainly with a more scholarly approach...

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 03:17 PM
link   

That is not to say that there could not be an occasional, purposeful experimental release of, say, high altitude barium for standard wind tracking experiments. There could also be other related experiments that occur from time-to-time which release agents into the atmosphere.

Even the "scientists" admit it.

I just can't stress how huge this crime against mankind is.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Find proof or you just look paranoid.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by earthdude
Find proof or you just look paranoid.

I could really care less about what I LOOK like.

Local university has the microfiche. Might be able to
check it out tomorrow. The fact that the USAF was
using the term "Chemtrail" in 1991 is not proof?

Interesting to note, William Thomas was in the 1991 Gulf War
on a three man CWP clean-up team, and he is also
credited for coming up with the term Chemtrail.

The rabbit hole is very deep.

[edit on 19-10-2009 by exposethosesecrets]

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Yes, I can see that without a basic knowledge and study of clouds, how they are formed, and how the atmosphere at all altitudes is different, including wind speeds and direction...

I just posted the photos because I thought they were peculiar, based on my limited knowledge of contrails.

But, do contrails dissipate in the atmosphere or do they spread out and become clouds?

Both. Depends on the conditions.

Often you will see contrails form, and 'evaporate' (sublimate, really) very quickly behind the airplane making them. One thing you will ALSO notice is that during those times there are NO clouds at all, in the sky at about the same altitudes. Clouds won't naturallly form, because conditions aren't right. Hence, the artificial "clouds" (contrails) don't last.

On the other hand (and this is why the "chemtrail" paranoia persists) IF conditions are ripe for cirrus-type clouds to form, then the disturbance of the passing airplanes just helps the process along. The ACT of flying through the saturated air triggers it, and therefore the contrails will accumulate, and grow...hence the term "linger"...realy, they're just artifically-produced high-level clouds.

Time-lapse photography shows how the sky naturally chnages with time...usually so slowly that our Human perception takes it for something it's not "chemtrails".

This video, made by a "chemtrail" believer, obviously, does nothing but show how clouds, including the contrails, just move across the sky, carried by the prevailing high-level winds.

About half-way through we see the sorts of lower-level clouds that were at the T-Ball game....

(PS...am wondering if there are just a cadre of about three people who keep this myth alive??? Certainly there's a regularity here on ATS, with the recurring themes...and unfortunately for them, there just ain't no meat on them bones! There is no "conspiracy", and it's insulting to ATS to suggest there is...)

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   

There is no "conspiracy", and it's insulting to ATS to suggest there is...)

So it's now an insult to ATS to talk about the Chemtrail program.

Give me a break.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   

ATS is not a place for what have already been shown to be naturally occuring contrails, it is shown over and over again here.

Continuing to post threads on subjects that have a "hoax" nature to them belongs either in a HOAX forum, or not at all.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   

ATS is not a place for what have already been shown to be naturally occuring contrails, it is shown over and over again here.

Continuing to post threads on subjects that have a "hoax" nature to them belongs either in a HOAX forum, or not at all.

First. Who is we? Notice this thread now has 9 flags. That means there is at least 9 people who find this info worth further investigation.

Second, what part of the OP is a hoax. Are you saying that the USAF never published a book with the word "Chemtrail" in it??

Just in case you missed it.

Title Chemtrails, Chemistry 131 manual, fall 1991: course policies and laboratory manual
Author United States Air Force Academy. Dept. of Chemistry
Publisher Dept. of Chemistry, U.S. Air Force Academy, 1991
Length 232 pages
Subjects Chemistry

books.google.com...:+Chemistry

Debunk that.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join