It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Too American!!!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   
If this site would be too American, explain to me why this topic hasn't been on the frontpage?

Obama worked for a CIA front company

edit - spelling

[edit on 19-10-2009 by Grey Magic]

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Haydn_17
We never have uk politics threads, if we did we would get 1 reply

Is anyone required to respond to a UK politics thread, or any thread?

Is it the Americans fault that only 1 UK'er responds to a UK thread?

It's been repeated over and over in this thread alone, if you don't like the current content of the site, then give it some content.

But damn man, why are you expecting Americans to adhere to what YOU want to see here?

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   
because we value your opinion.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Misfit

Because its for the whole world not just america, i respond to countless us threads but make a thread which doesnt involve american only politics and nobody cares, i would at least like to hear an american point of view.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Merriman Weir

English is not just spoken in America so thats a moot point. Also, I have been on other sites such as redicecreations, which broadcasts radio shows from sweden and the host talks about how in his experience people from America are more awake to whats going on.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Lot of yanks online,so its seems only fair enough that they out number other countries here.The reason they dont join in on our regional UK politics section on this site is,there media rightly doesnt bore them to tears with this subject matter!A shame our media doesnt follow suit and calm down the american PR machine that portrays it as the world leader

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by stereovoyaged
So I see both sides of the healthcare coin and seeing your guys system and what you pay and how you look after your sick, it blows my mind how you still think you have the best health care system on earth, there is no arguing with ppl who have that logic

Not to get too far off topic...

Too late.

It's the best health care available. IF you can afford it.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Haydn_17
Because its for the whole world not just america, i respond to countless us threads but make a thread which doesnt involve american only politics and nobody cares, i would at least like to hear an american point of view.

But not everyone always has something to say. I am inclined to read, but not add to, a thread which is about a region or topic which I know little of. How can I respond to a UK politics thread when I have no clue what goes on in UK politics? Same for any other thread scenario. People respond to what they identify with.

Also, as another poster mentioned - demographics. The ratio of US threads is naturally going to the majority on a site in which so many members hail from the US. Bring a thousand new UK members to the site, and the UK posts/threads will escalate accordingly.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   
As an American, dear God, please get your friends together and start swamping the boards with new threads. I too am tired of the Obama birther threads, the truther threads, the Israel threads... if you want to drown out the unending noise of Pan America, then by all means shout louder!!! Believe me, for some it would be a welcome change.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a 1000 more .. then you will bring in more bodies and soon the place will be like afghanistan.

Originally posted by Misfit

Also, as another poster mentioned - demographics. The ratio of US threads is naturally going to the majority on a site in which so many members hail from the US. Bring a thousand new UK members to the site, and the UK posts/threads will escalate accordingly.

[edit on 19-10-2009 by manxman2]

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Misfit

Also, as another poster mentioned - demographics.

Maybe, for the sake of clarity and understanding, the site admin or someone that knows of such, can point the thread to a scale of geographical demographics?

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   
There are plenty of high quality threads from posters who are not American or American centric.

Aussies are there

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by acmpnsfal

English is not just spoken in America so thats a moot point. Also, I have been on other sites such as redicecreations, which broadcasts radio shows from sweden and the host talks about how in his experience people from America are more awake to whats going on.

Did you actually read or understand my post? I didn't say that English was only spoken in America - for a start, there's a clue in the name of the language - what I actually said is that, on the internet, Americans are the biggest English speaking demographic.

Oh, right the guy from Redicecreations said it, so it must be true! It's funny, because so many many Americans on this site are always talking about the fact that America needs to wake up to what's going on.

link   
reply to post by Haydn_17

Sometimes we don't understand the politics. For example, on one of your thread you speak about the English Defense League.

Sounds interesting but I don't know what the EDL is. You attached a video but sometimes I can't get videos to work.

Maybe you could offer more background to educate Americans on what you have to offer.

You would be surprised that many Americans are interested in learning about other cultures and conspiracies surrounding them.

link   
reply to post by Misfit

This what you're looking for?

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Legion2112
As an American, dear God, please get your friends together and start swamping the boards with new threads. I too am tired of the Obama birther threads, the truther threads, the Israel threads... if you want to drown out the unending noise of Pan America, then by all means shout louder!!! Believe me, for some it would be a welcome change.

This says it all. If you post it they will come. You CAN'T make people post to topics that they have no knowledge of or matters to any given member.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   
tho im american i agree with you, i think there should be more world issues on here. i have a threads entitled "Vaclav Klaus: last man standing and Klaus relents, EU victorious" and who will be the 1st eu president/foreign minister?" they have recieved little attention because im assuming since most of the ats'ers are american they dont care but i know these issues to be very important in europe with europeans... so i concur, it would be nice to see more non-american issues even tho im american. i like to be well rounded

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321

Sometimes we don't understand the politics.

You would be surprised that many Americans are interested in learning about other cultures and conspiracies surrounding them.

Exactly what I was talking about. Hell I don't even unterstand the politics of my OWN country, let alone someone elses !!

Originally posted by intrepid

This what you're looking for?

Almost, but there is nothing there about where the readers are from. I guess the perfect thing for my point is a list of what countries members are from, based on member IP

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Your point is still moot, a lot of English speakers who are not American use the internet. And I quoted him because he is European and he deals with a lot of the big names in alternative media, so yes I referenced him because I figured you might be able to identify him. Im not over there so i dont know.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Some fair comments on here.

I can understand demographics and such, but it seems that the world is more interested in America than America is interested in the world.

Not in a harsh sense, but i guess that may be down to the American media.

Instead of criticising, we should be happy that such a place as ATS exists, so people from all over the world can argue, debate and engage in discussion about the myriad of topics.

I think next time i write about a UK topic, i wont take it for granted that every European or American or asian automatically knows what i'm talking about and maybe provide more links.

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join