It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World made in seven literal days

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fromabove
1. The Earth was already made prior to the statement "Let there be light"

2. The Earth was described as a lifeless barren water world covered in total darkness before the statement "Let there be light"

3. In fact, the first statement in Genesis is... "In the beginning, God created the heavens and the Earth.." So the Earth and the universe were already created prior to God saying "Let there be light"

4. The Earth is billions of years old. It was populated countless times with life forms prior to man.

5. The Genesis (of mankind and his world) begins when God says "let there be light" and the clouds of this dark lifeless water world faded to allow sunlight to shine upon the Earth. After this God made the planet suitable for human life and created all the life forms we see today as well. It is the age of man that is 6,000 years old, that is, this man we know today. The Earth however is billions of years old. Re read the Genesis account and you will see that the Earth was already here before God says "Let there be light". The words without form means (life form) and void meant (barren). These words can be found in Strongs Exhaustive Concordance in the origional textual meaning.

Good post as many have misinterpreted the meaning of the creation of mankind in it's current form for the creation of the universe. I have not read in the bible where it says when he created the heavens and the earth other than"in the beginning"

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Heaven and Earth or Shamajim and Eretz may mean universe and everything in it, as in time-space and matter. This is general relativity, nothing less....

Physics: "In the beginning God studied Time-space and Matter. But it was boring. Then God split an atom, and there was divine Energy...."

Cultural: In the beginning God was concerned with astronomy and chemistry. He got a bright idea, so he built the city of Ur..."

There are many meanings to be assigned to these verses. The irrefutable fact is that it fits with science, if you look to the original Hebrew text and read it like it's supposed to be read. Let phycicists and astronomers translate it once. That'd be fun....

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   
From Genesis to illumination, here's my recap:

1400 BC) Genesis written by Moses. The books of the Bible state that the earth is the centre of the universe and is set upon pillars.

500 BC) Pythagoras proposes the earth, moon, and other heavenly bodies were spherical.

380 BC) Philolaus accepts a flat disc-shaped earth but postulates it orbits a "central fire" (not the sun).

350 BC) Aristotle deduces the earth is spherical due to the curved shape of the earth's shadow projected on the moon during a lunar eclipse. Proposes the earth is at the centre of a small universe consisting of concentric orbiting shells.

240 BC) Aristarchus compares the size of the earth to the moon by comparing the curvature of the earth's shadow on the moon. Deduces that the sun is big and far away and suggests that the sun is the centre of the universe.

230 BC) Eratosthenes uses shadow angles to estimate the diameter of the earth.

147 AD) Building on Aristotle's model Ptolemy suggests epicycles to explain the observed retrograde motion of the planets.

1543) Copernicus revives Aristarchus' model and suggests the retrograde motions of the planets could be explained better by making the sun the centre of the universe.

1576) Sir Thomas Digges proposes the universe is infinite, containing infinitely many stars.

1610) With the recent invention of the telescope Galileo Galilei was able to observe the moons of Jupiter for the first time and thereby witness the first planetary system. He could also observe sunspots showing that the sun rotated. He saw that Venus had phases like the moon and so orbited the sun. And he could see more stars, lots more stars.

1838) First stellar parallax measurements made by Friedrich Bessel demonstrate huge distances to the nearest stars - 61 Cygni was calculated at 9.8 light years away. The large star-filled universe proposed by Sir Thomas Digges was bolstered.

1842) The recognition of the dinosaur. Dinosaur bones were previously known of but not correctly interpreted until about this date. There were whole epochs of life on earth before humans which would have resembled alien worlds. At the time of the Bible dinosaur bones were thought to be dragon bones. These creatures came and went but no mention is made in Genesis. I was rather hoping to read something like: "God saw that the world was inhabited by great hordes of heathen beasts. So he commanded for a star to fall from the heavens and it did. And so the world was cloaked in dust and God did take his wrath upon these heathen beasts and they did perish. And so it came to pass that the smaller and more worthy creatures did multiply and he saw that it was good." But, alas, there was no mention...

1859) The publication of Charles Darwin's On The Origin of Species.

1924) Edwin Hubble's observations of Cepheid variable stars in the Andromeda galaxy proved conclusively that it is an external galaxy outside our Milky Way. Now our place in the universe went from drop in the bucket to drop in the ocean.

1925) The discovery of australopithecus africanus and later other species of humans, homo erectus, homo neanderthalensis, homo habilis and so on. They were very much like us. Weren't they worthy of a soul? Weren't they very much in the "image and likeness of God" too?

1930s) Advances in nuclear chemistry and spectroscopy finally confirm what many already suspected, that the sun is a star.

....I invite believers in the literal interpretation of the Bible to join us in this amazing journey of discovery.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by CarbonFooledYa

To Pythagoras (ca.530 BC) the earth was no longer merely a curved surface with the sky-vault of the firmament overhead, but a sphere suspended in a void. Philolaus, a disciple of Pythagoras, taught that this sphere rotated, and that the motion of the stars – only apparent – was caused thereby.

www.enhg.org...

Job 26:7 "He spreads out the northern skies over empty space; he suspends the earth over nothing. "

Knowing how Pythagoras was persecuted since he alledgely had revealed Egyptian secrets, it's obvious to me that what we know today has always been known to man. Alchemy comes from Arab. Al Khemet ("From Egypt"). The builders of the Great Pyramid and other great constructions must have known trigonometry, the "Pythagoras theorem" and other things nessasary to calculate angles, lengths of sides in polygons, phi, pi, how to calculate curved surfaces and so on.

It was just that "Knowledge is Power" and "Knowledge will turn you into gods". They didn't like to share these "obviousities" with regular people. Bread and circus would do for millennia ahead.

[edit on 22/10/2009 by Neo Christian Mystic]

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 04:10 PM
link   
In the beginning = A block of time,
You need to always go back to the greek,
And No I dont think the world is 6000 years old.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by harmnoone

The language of the OT or Tanakh is Hebrew, not Greek (unless you are using the LXX or other Greek OT manuscripts). But yes, the time concept of Genesis 1 spans over billions of years, with billions yet to be day.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   
It should also be pointed out that if the sun sets, and then rises again, God is adhering to a literal day, which is one rotation of the Earth. Ironically the Earth hadn't been made YET!!

[edit on 26-10-2009 by notreallyalive]

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by notreallyalive
It should also be pointed out that if the sun sets, and then rises again, God is adhering to a literal day, which is one rotation of the Earth. Ironically the Earth hadn't been made YET!!

????

God created the Earth on day 1.

"In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth."

Genesis 1:1

"And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day."

Genesis 1:5

[edit on 26-10-2009 by NOTurTypical]

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Before we saw "The circle in the Sky" we had light and night.... Just an awfully backwards engeneered byte.... Strongh. Y, -a-l

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by StopComplaining
World made in seven literal days.
Not that anybody really cares what the Bible says, I just wanted to state this because I posted another thread which stated something contrary which I now do not agree with at all. I cannot access the original thread which has been moved to bts.

Hopefully moderators will delete both threads.

No. Time is relative. The Earth was only created later, so by this clue, you know the creation was not based on time relative to Earth.

There is a time dilation factor here. In the beginning, immense gravity were present. Strong gravity can dilate time. 1 hour on a strong gravity well is relative to 1 million years on Earth.

An observer on the Earth would see the clock on the strong gravity well to be moving very slow. An observer on the strong gravity well, would see the clock on Earth to be moving very fast.

So, therefore, 1 billion years can equal to 1 day relative to the beginning of creation.

[edit on 10/27/2009 by amitheone]

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 01:02 AM
link   
I think the important point is that time is relative and that God being omnipotent can easily bend the space-time continuum. I see no reason why our thousands of 'years' could easily turn to days in our relative terms.

Im just saying that it's quite possible that God has done something that has made time seemingly inconsistent.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 01:11 AM
link   
I just don't get how ANYONE can believe this stuff. I mean imagine the bible never existed and someone comes up to you.. "you know.. this planet was created by an all powerful sky daddy.. it took him 6 days, then he had to rest".. It's hilarious.. riiiight.. God the all powerful needed to have a rest after creating a speck of dust in a sunbeam. Sounds like a real wimp to me.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by GambitVII
I think the important point is that time is relative and that God being omnipotent can easily bend the space-time continuum. I see no reason why our thousands of 'years' could easily turn to days in our relative terms.

Im just saying that it's quite possible that God has done something that has made time seemingly inconsistent.

God being omnipotent has infinite energy. He can increase gravity so as to dilate time.

Relative to God, the entire time of the whole universe - past, present, and future already happened at the blink of his eye during the time of creation. 1 zillion years happens only in about the speed of His thought.

The same thing you'll observe in the black hole. Nearing the singularity where time is reaching at infinity, 1 zillion years happens only a second.

You can dilate time to the infinities only if you are omnipotent possessing infinite amount of energy.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by reasonable
I just don't get how ANYONE can believe this stuff. I mean imagine the bible never existed and someone comes up to you.. "you know.. this planet was created by an all powerful sky daddy.. it took him 6 days, then he had to rest".. It's hilarious.. riiiight.. God the all powerful needed to have a rest after creating a speck of dust in a sunbeam. Sounds like a real wimp to me.

Even a wise man is a whip to those he chooses not to unleash his fury upon.

I don't get how you can't believe this stuff just because it's easy to get sucked into elementary logic.

If you know anything about science or numbers, you should at least know that motion occurs because of transfer. And when something is transferred... one side gains and the other looses.

Furthermore, you miss the fact that there are other light sources in the universe.... umm distant stars for example?

I see no reason why all existing substance does not originate from God converting his own energy and turning it into everything that composes of this very universe.

If you think and deny ignorance.... that's a staggering amount of energy.

It didn't take a Bible to prove his existence when he was actively influencing humanity with a direct approach you know :/

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by amitheone

Originally posted by GambitVII

God being omnipotent has infinite energy. He can increase gravity so as to dilate time.

Relative to God, the entire time of the whole universe - past, present, and future already happened at the blink of his eye during the time of creation. 1 zillion years happens only in about the speed of His thought.

The same thing you'll observe in the black hole. Nearing the singularity where time is reaching at infinity, 1 zillion years happens only a second.

You can dilate time to the infinities only if you are omnipotent possessing infinite amount of energy.

Now that's just fascinating. You also chose a great illustration into showing how it's possible to create a world in '6 days'. In fact, Im under the impression that time is the least impressive factor in this whole outlook considering how many energy it even takes to create something.

Or to be more 'scientifically' correct... convert energy into mass.

[edit on 27-10-2009 by GambitVII]

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 01:31 AM
link   
So why didn't the bible just flippin state the obvious then? "The Lord dilatedeth the space time continuumth while creating the Earth over billions of years. Man hadith no ideaith for in his being only 6 days passed"

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 01:46 AM
link   

So why didn't the bible just flippin state the obvious then? "The Lord dilatedeth the space time continuumth while creating the Earth over billions of years. Man hadith no ideaith for in his being only 6 days passed"

The words - time dilation, space time, relativity are all modern words. These words came only into existence when Einstein discovered relativity.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Because it's important to convey the proper message to a selected audience with context that compliments the intentions of the reader.

In other words, the Bible is a manifestation of the Truth that God wants to present to humanity. And it's important to have it in such a way where believers can learn while separating it's audience from those who just want to find a reason to hate.

It's not important How God did to someone that is saved by God. Now let's not forget it's important to a person who doesn't give a rats-azz about Who God is and what he's done.

Considering what the Bible's purpose is... theres simply no reason why his work should be scientifically explained. Much more be explained in ways where only a modern-day scientist can understand.

I mean.. there's a reason why Jesus said when he was preaching: "Let those who have ears let them hear"

If you don't want to have a relationship of any shape or form with God, then there's a good reason why you won't understand it. And it's quite important that you don't if it's against your will.

It will help clarify the difference between friend or foe (in relation to God) when judgment comes.

[edit on 27-10-2009 by GambitVII]

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

Originally posted by notreallyalive

????

God created the Earth on day 1.

"In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth."

Genesis 1:1

"And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day."

Genesis 1:5

In Genesis 1:1 to 1:10 it is mentioned that earth is created two seperate times; one is the material/dust/matter and the second is the earth, created on the third day. Since earth is "created" twice it would be IMPOSSIBLE for the first earth to be the planet and the second to be the matter.

Many Christians try to say Genesis is repeating itself but there is NO indication of that whatsoever.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 02:24 AM
link   
"God created the heaven and the earth".

This sentence is in generally speaking. The specifics comes later. So, on the first day.... second day.... etc.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join