It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In health debate, numbers are just numbers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 02:36 AM
link   

In health debate, numbers are just numbers

www.msnbc.msn.com

The CBO's price tags are educated guesses, but guesses nonetheless

Phil Ellis may be the most powerful guy you've never heard of in the health-care debate. A senior analyst with the Congressional Budget Office, Ellis is the man who has to decide what it would cost to rebuild the health insurance system. He has essentially condemned two legislative proposals by slapping them with trillion-dollar price tags. A third plan rocketed to prominence after he said it would cost much less.

"We're always putting out these estimates: This is going to cost $1.042 trillion exactly," he said. "Bu
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 02:36 AM
link   
Just thought I'd throw this out here. At least they're willing to admit these are just made up ball park figures with no real basis other than 'economic logic'.

It's also funny how he states they're just in it for peoples best interests. Hard to take that at face value myself.

Also as a side note I see on the MSNBC's site about halfway down the article is a video with the title ": Health reform could reduce deficit" which is laughable and interesting to see them pushing this.

www.msnbc.msn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Wow.

No wonder the number seemed a little low.

It is a complicated process compared to most, but it isn't a number just pulled out of the air. It is a similar process that companies use to guestimate future profits and expenses. It isn't just numbers, but just an estimate of future expenses based on past and present data. The problem lies in the unexpected stuff. The 9/11's and the Iraq War type things could really throw a wrench in it the future costs. It is not just big problem either. Every little unaccounted for snag is more money.

Simply, they do not prepare for crisis big and small. This is why it will cost more.

new topics

join