It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let's Get Ready Liverpool

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Whilst reading through the Liverpool publication "Your Move", a free property magazine, I came across a full page advertisement on page 41. Unfortunately due to my iPhone only access to the Internet I cannot post an image, but the advert contains a map of the city centre divided up into zones with instructions on what to do in the event of an emergency requiring an evacuation. Listening to public address systems, basic bug out bag (although they call it a Grab 'n' Go bag...) and advice such as "Be a good neighbour, help other residents nearby."

Again, sorry for the lack of an image, here is a link to the notice.
www.liverpool.gov.uk...
Love the adverts...!

Could any members from other cities across the UK post if they too have found such a scheme in place? I found this a little worrying when turning the page from Your Move's 10th Birthday to KNOW YOUR ZONE - How to prepare in an emergency situation, not what I was expecting...

A leaflet is also available:

www.liverpool.gov.uk...

This leaflet covers pandemic influenza, extreme weather such as heatwaves and floods, and power cuts. The only mention of terrorism is an advert on the first page..

Sendran.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 05:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sendran

Whilst reading through the Liverpool publication "Your Move", a free property magazine, I came across a full page advertisement on page 41. Unfortunately due to my iPhone only access to the Internet I cannot post an image, but the advert contains a map of the city centre divided up into zones with instructions on what to do in the event of an emergency requiring an evacuation. Listening to public address systems, basic bug out bag (although they call it a Grab 'n' Go bag...) and advice such as "Be a good neighbour, help other residents nearby."

Again, sorry for the lack of an image, here is a link to the notice.
www.liverpool.gov.uk...
Love the adverts...!

Could any members from other cities across the UK post if they too have found such a scheme in place? I found this a little worrying when turning the page from Your Move's 10th Birthday to KNOW YOUR ZONE - How to prepare in an emergency situation, not what I was expecting...

A leaflet is also available:

www.liverpool.gov.uk...

This leaflet covers pandemic influenza, extreme weather such as heatwaves and floods, and power cuts. The only mention of terrorism is an advert on the first page..

Sendran.

Does the "Grab n Go" bag contain thermal shellsuits and most importantly a Beach Ball lol

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Very good...

Women's kits are reccomended to contain several pairs of pyjamas and rollers... And definitely no beach balls, Sunderland fan are we?

Anything like that where you are?

Sendran.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   
I was looking for this information about my city but the links in their website are both down ?????

Typical. LOL

top topics

join