It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sanpaku eyes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Ever heard of "Sanpaku eyes?"

First, here's a general definion (although poorly sourced) from Wikipedia:

Sanpaku references the belief that the visibility of the white of the eye between the iris and the lower eyelid is a sign of physical and spiritual imbalance. Some consider Sanpaku eyes to denote superiority and beauty. It is a rare and significant physical characteristic.

In August 1963, macrobiotic pioneer George Ohsawa predicted that President John F. Kennedy would experience great danger because of his sanpaku condition. This was reported by Tom Wolfe in the New York Herald Tribune.

People with sanpaku eyes may also be feared to be prone to violent or disordered behaviors. Though this belief is testable, to date, no known scientific evidence validates it.

For those of you who don't trust or like Wikipedia, here is a longer link on the topic:
educate-yourself.org...

And another:
www.macrobiotic.org...

Supposedly, people exhibiting Sanpaku eyes have ranged from Kennedy, Lincoln, and John Lennon to Hitler, Charles Manson, Alister Crowley, and Paris Hilton.

Do you have or know anyone who has sanpaku eyes? Do you think it means anything, or is it just superstition?

[edit on 10/18/09 by silent thunder]

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by silent thunder
Ever heard of "Sanpaku eyes?"

First, here's a general definion (although poorly sourced) from Wikipedia:

Sanpaku references the belief that the visibility of the white of the eye between the iris and the lower eyelid is a sign of physical and spiritual imbalance.

[edit on 10/18/09 by silent thunder]

that is a little unusual. i guess i have them, but i dont see how there is any significance to it.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 12:45 AM
link   
edit:
double post sorry
please delete this

[edit on 19-10-2009 by ELECTRICkoolaidZOMBIEtest]

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 12:53 AM
link   
I find people with eyes like this disturbing, to say the least.

I believe a recent case we had here of a Samurai sword mutilator, murderer and eventual suicide (or was it murder?) had eyes such as these.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Do you have to scare me like that? Look at my profile picture..i have them

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Yummy Freelunch

looks like ATS has two future potential "samurai sword mutilators" eh?

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Sorry Yummy,

That probably isn't you anyway.

I think the psychotic lunatic I referred to actually had whites showing above, not below, because he was widening his eyes in order to terrify people (and rightly so).

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by spellbound
I find people with eyes like this disturbing, to say the least.

I believe a recent case we had here of a Samurai sword mutilator, murderer and eventual suicide (or was it murder?) had eyes such as these.

Originally posted by ELECTRICkoolaidZOMBIEtest
looks like ATS has two future potential "samurai sword mutilators" eh?

Originally posted by spellbound

Sorry Yummy,

That probably isn't you anyway.

I think the psychotic lunatic I referred to actually had whites showing above, not below, because he was widening his eyes in order to terrify people (and rightly so).

Interesting because if you look at the third link in the OP, it says "Samauri warriors of ancient Japan knew a person who was Sanpaku could more easily be defeated in battle because of his slower reflexes. That is why they observed their opponent carefully before engaging him in battle."

The second link says:

"If the white shows below the iris, the condition is yin, indicating that the dangers come from outside. A person with yin sanpaku eyes will place himself or herself in dangerous or threatening situations unwittingly- and may not survive.

If the white shows above, the condition is yang, and the danger comes from within. A person with yang sanpaku eyes is extremely violent, filled with rage, and likely poses a threat to himself and others. He may destroy himself, but may also take others with him. " It also notes that Charles Manson had "Yang Sanpaku" eyes.

[edit on 10/19/09 by silent thunder]

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Yummy Freelunch
Do you have to scare me like that? Look at my profile picture..i have them

Well, I have them too.
That's why I started this thread.

After a bit more research, seems to me that its associated with stress and neurological imbalances, which wouldn't surprise me at all as being quite common in today's world.

Several links say its "rare" but I'd be willing to bet there are an inordinate number of Sanpaku ATS'ers....or at least a higher proportion than in the general public.

[edit on 10/19/09 by silent thunder]

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 02:37 AM
link   
I must be stressing wrong or something because my eyes are perfectly normal and I've been in a torturous mixed state of emotions all year.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 02:39 AM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

WOW! I find that amazing, that I mentioned Samurai and you confirmed it.

I still think that people who show the top whites, which presumably anyone can, just mean surprise, or aggression.

Don't forget the Maori fighters of NZ who, now I come to think of it, had top AND bottom, and, I think still do.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 04:29 PM
link   
I saw this thread yesterday and I was curious how a picture looked. So, after getting out of class today, I return to my dorm and look up sanpaku gan and guess what I find...I have Sanpaku eyes.

@_@
O negative blood, Sanpaku eyes...what next, Annunkai grandfather

[edit on 19-10-2009 by TheOneElectric]

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Just remember, to tell for sure you've got to look at yourself in the mirror straight-on. If anyone's head is tilted or angled, of course the whites of their eyes will show.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Awsome, so we're all ninja samurai lunatic easily defeated warriors..lol

I have RH neg blood..maybe we're all aliens

top topics

join