It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama: Difference between Repub\Dem "IRRELEVANT"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Well, this is something I and many others have been saying for a long, long time. now we have CONFIRMATION "straight from the horse's mouth," as it were.

The quote comes from a speech by Pres. Obama at a tribute event for George Bush Sr. (The father, not the son):

Reporting from College Station, Texas - In a glowing tribute to a Republican predecessor, President Obama on Friday praised President George H.W. Bush as an example of someone who eschewed "a life of comfort and privilege" and instead devoted himself to public service -- inside government and out.

During an evening speech to honor the public service institute that Bush founded two decades ago, Obama called for cooperation between Republicans and Democrats. The former president, he said, proved that "the R or D next to your name is irrelevant" in challenging times.

"You might not always know it from watching the cable news shows or listening to folks on the radio," Obama said, but "I think we're standing in one of those moments."

...Friends of George H.W. Bush said that he has a genuine regard for Obama and that he came up with the idea six months ago of inviting the president to come to this college town to celebrate the 20th anniversary of the Points of Light Institute.

More at source
www.latimes.com...

"Points of light," eh? Hmmm....

[edit on 10/18/09 by silent thunder]

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 02:06 AM
link   
The Bushes, the Obamas and the Clintons are all up each other's butts. There is no partisan hatred between the Bushes and the Obamas/Clintons.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 07:46 AM
link   
I can think of one difference right off. The republicans tortured human beings, the democrats put a stop to it.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 10:52 AM
link   

President Obama on Friday praised President George H.W. Bush as an example of someone who eschewed "a life of comfort and privilege" and instead devoted himself to public service -- inside government and out.

And now it looks like Obama is a complete opposite.
He went from a life of serving the public to a life of comfort and privilege.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ac6a63eff640.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by damwel

What about the Clinton Extraordinary Renditions program of the 1990s? Nice try. But Democrats do their torturing too. They just do it differently.

Anyhow... this basically acts more like a mere confirmation of what I knew all along. It sounds more sober to here it from one of the people at the topic though.

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Strange how people can interpret the same words so differently.

I interpreted what he said as how little politics really mean when facing a crisis. In a difficult situation like Katrina, I doubt people picked their friends based on their political beliefs. It seems silly they would even considering it.

Weather you choose A or B, you will still end up at C since politicians dont do the peoples bidding anymore and the countries are not changed by the peoples wishes anymore.

If only democrats and republicans could stop fighting each other and throw the criminals out on the street where they belong instead.

[edit on 7-11-2009 by Copernicus]

new topics

top topics

join