It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The official word is that Nibiru is Jupiter

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   
I've asked a couple of professional Astronomers about the whole Nibiru/Planet X thing that's going on right now and the official word is that the very bright planet you see on the sky right now is Jupiter.

That's what the official sources say.

Peace,
Mulder

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Um we have seen Jupiter and Venus for hundreds of years in our solar system so why are we seeing it this bright now but not before?

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by habfan1968
Um we have seen Jupiter and Venus for hundreds of years in our solar system so why are we seeing it this bright now but not before?

Yes,why is that!
That's the main question.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Jupiter doesn't usually shine as bright as it is right now, but it does shine brightly in the summer time.

This is because earth's axis are tilted towards Jupiter in the northern hemisphere, thus giving us a better look.

This year though, Jupiter is also closer to Earth than it usually is which makes for a double gift.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Spooky Fox Mulder

Im just wondring, with all this our Galaxy is going through the epicentre of the universe, could be one of the effects it is having on the planets, them heating up, causing them to shine brighter?

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Is it really the case that Jupiter, the planet I've been awestruck for years and years by, is what people have been taking as Nibiru?

And I wondered what all the fuss is about..

Download Stellarium, you'll soon know just what you're looking at.

Peace guys.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Ok not that I disagree at all but would we not have seen this type of chatter before as well then. Newspaper clippings from a few decades ago etc. Some old NASA info or amateur astrological info posted somewhere. I think this bright spot we are seeing is an anomaly of some sort but just don't think it's one the regular bunch we already know about.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Please view my thread
The Connection with 2012, Orion and Saturn’s artificial moon Iapetus
and read the links.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 04:00 PM
link   

I was under the impression that the north star/morning star that we always see in the sky was in fact Venus. Is this right, or am I very mistaken?

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   
A couple months ago I was camping on the AT in PA an ran across some astronomers with very good telescopes, They allowed me to peer up into the sky at various sights and yes, the bright light in our sky that everyone is talking about is in fact Jupiter, i saw it with my own eyes.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Laurauk

Im just wondring, with all this our Galaxy is going through the epicentre of the universe, could be one of the effects it is having on the planets, them heating up, causing them to shine brighter?

the epiwhaaa?
I hear soo much odd stuff, someone said that in 12, we are going to be aligned to the center of our galaxy...we are always aligned to the center of our galaxy in some perspective and it doesnt kill us/transend us/make us dinner...
and how do you know when your in the center of a infinate universe?..or even a finite universe...I would think with a big bang, the center of the universe will always be the origin point of all this material stuff in a nice bubble looking thing we call our universe.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by StinkyFeet

My sources tell me that Jupiter and Saturn are going to join forces and attack planet earth like a suicide bombers three way and we are the meat between the bread.

[edit on 18-10-2009 by StinkyFeet]

Haven't heard that one before. Would you care to elaborate on your source of information? It sounds interesting.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by susp3kt

The North Star is Polaris, not Venus.
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

People mistake the world Universe for Galaxy.

At the equinox on Dec 21st 2012 we will be at alligned with the "center" of the milky way, or the so called black hole which exists there.

Happens every 26k years and you are correct, nothing will happen , except a pretty light show.

~Keeper

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Well, as I read the information on the Galactic center topic, is that the increase of intensity on the planets and the sun, is the electrons emitting from the galactic plane, about 7 million eletron volts, the sun messure at 3.5 million eletron volts..

That is what Cliff High of the WebBot was talking about, the forces are Squizing the solarsystem and the planets...

So 'they' say ...

Maybe why the decrease in heliosphere and magnetosphere and maybe the reason for increase of earthquakes and such activities.

Maybe the passage thru the band in the center takes 7 years to cross, started june 2009 (3.5 years to 2012) and 3.5 years out on the other side, making it 7 years of tribulation....

Or, there is nothing coing on, all coincidences, like getting hit by a car, just a coincidence you were there at the same time as the car...

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Laurauk

I could be wrong but isn't the epicenter the exact center, If so then we are not actually going through the epicenter. We are only lined up with the center. I could be wrong, correct me if i am

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Violater1
Please view my thread
The Connection with 2012, Orion and Saturn’s artificial moon Iapetus
and read the links.

How many thread are you going to spam that in? This is about Jupiter / Nibiru, not 2012, Orion or Saturn.

Plus in this thread and the last one you spammed this in, you didn't even leave a link to your thread. Thanks alot.

And OP I do not think it's Jupiter, though I am not an astronomer and I do not know if Nibiru even exists. But if it does as people say it does, and is the size people say it is, and is moving at the speed and from the distance people say it is, then how could it be Jupiter? I think Nibiru is fantasy, and Jupiter is taking the blame.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spooky Fox Mulder
I've asked a couple of professional Astronomers about the whole Nibiru/Planet X thing that's going on right now and the official word is that the very bright planet you see on the sky right now is Jupiter.

That's what the official sources say.

Peace,
Mulder

Ummmm, that's probably because it is Jupiter,not Nibiru. The official story isn't always a lie, if that is what your implying. Also who ever thought Jupiter was planet X? It looks nothing like planet X is described to look.

[edit on 07/16/2009 by Lichter daraus]

[edit on 07/16/2009 by Lichter daraus]

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

This is what I was meaning, thank you for helpinh to clear this up. And I apologise for the confusion.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join