It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jack Black Gives A Prayer To Satan Live At The 2009 VMAS

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by sirnex
Regardless of that, Lucifer hasn't harmed a single person, that is an act of evil solely committed by God alone. Lucifer gives you the knowledge you need to end an abusive relationship and you pay thanks by spreading BS lies against him? Prove he has done you wrong, prove he has killed anyone, prove he demands worship and lack of brings death. You disgust me with your heresy and bigoted lies against Lucifer. You spread nothing but rumors and lies and blame God's acts against mankind on Lucifer without any shred of evidence he has done wrong. No, instead you turn around and make judgment on me for seeing the utter lack of respect to who truly has shown you love.

If you can't prove that Lucifer has committed the acts you have claimed he has done, then what does that make you? A bigoted little liar who love's being in an abusive relationship with a genocidal egotistical maniac.

[edit on 27-10-2009 by sirnex]

So, let me get this absolutely straight...

You are... umm... passionately defending Satan, a supernatural demonic creature who has apparently existed since the dawn of time, and who is widely considered to be the source of all evil in the world... and you are further asking people to somehow prove to you that his atrocities against humanity over the course of history actually occurred... on a conspiracy messageboard?

I just wanna be utterly certain of what's happening here, because I don't know whether to laugh or cry...

OK, I've thought about it, and I'm going to laugh.

I just love the internet. One meets the most interesting people!

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Guys, it was for a video game, get it through your thick heads. He did voice acting for an xbox 360 game called Brutal Legend. A rocker gets sent to a demon world, its also a RTS game.

I think you guys actually made Jesus *facepalm* - nice going.

[edit on 29-10-2009 by ghaleon12]

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by paxnatus

Uh, can you say "Freedom of speech and religion?" If not, you're in the wrong country sweetheart.

Jack Black can make all the satanic prayers he wants, serious or not, and he's well within his rights to do so. Of course, you have the right to complain. But you don't really have the right to stop him, and if you try to stop him then you are trying to destroy two of our first, most important Constitutional rights.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by paxnatus
What is this? Why has there not been media coverage and a public outcry from the Christian Community.

Because we're all adults. Is that too difficult for the Christian Community to grasp? I'd assume so since they cannot think for themselves.

[edit on 29-10-2009 by Tomis_Nexis]

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 01:54 AM
link   
I think if almost every single person can thank Jesus or God for their award, Jack Black can invoke Satan one measly time. I think hes overdue.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 02:34 AM
link   
reply to post by paxnatus

Could his "prayer" have been any more obvious as a joke?? He had a giant fake axe, fake muscles, fake voice, and started out "Dear Dark Lord Satan, uh... hope everything's good with you..."

If you're so scared that you have no sense of humor why do you even own a TV?

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Roark

OK, I've thought about it, and I'm going to laugh.

Seeing as how I haven't encountered you before today, I would like to point out that you are unaware of my stance towards religious and possibly my style of argument against it.

Do I personally believe in God, Lucifer, Heaven, Hell or a soul? No, I don't personally subscribe to superstitious beliefs.

So then why defend Lucifer? I ask, why not? Why not come to his defense out of the fun of it when all of the arguments against him are nothing more than accusatory bigoted BS lies and not showing of anything wrong committed on his part.

Hell, why have a justice system at all if people can be left to accuse someone they don't like and get others to spread lies about them and punish that person for no crime committed? The exercise of defending Lucifer is to find out why the Christians hate him so much. I don't understand why they would hate someone who demanded being treated equal or hate someone who gave us knowledge. Lucifer has never lied, murdered, threatened nor demanded worship so, why hate him with such gusto?

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by sirnex

The fish cannot prove the existence of a creator for their fishtank....we are just fish man...give it up...admit it.....we dont have infinite intelligence in our arrogance.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

Nor do we have evidence that we are the fish in the created fish tank. You can't just arrogantly assume that because the fish in your house require a fish tank to live in your house that no fish at all can exist without the creation of a fish tank. The logic there is flawed.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by badgerprints

Originally posted by Lister87
There is no Satan, he's a fictional book character, so a prayer to him isn't the worst thing in the world.

You discuss the vulnerable years of a childs life, and brainwashing, alot of people (not all) who are religious are 'brainwashed' at an early age into it, as a child in those vulnerable years, when you have no choice but to believe it, and as you grow older it's deep within you already.

[edit on 18-10-2009 by Lister87]

You think satan is fiction?

Religious beliefs are 'brainwashing' but praying to Satan on national TV is ok?

You might be right. When it is all said and done we may simply cease to exist. You won't have to wait long to find out . Life is actually very short.

Of course, if you are wrong, you may have an unpleasant suprise waiting for you.

It'll be ok though.

You've never been wrong before have you?

He never said praying to satan was okay. He said satan isn't real. But if satan isn't real then neither is your god. And that is at the heart of the issue for you.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Thank you, Paxnatus, for bringing this to my attention. Since my husband and I don't watch MTV, we were unaware of this. You can be sure that it DOES matter to us! We are very careful what movies we watch, because we do not want to reward actors who behave as Jack did. What's even creepier is how many people went along with him, knowing the strange words he said, and making the hand sign. It's kind of funny, really, that when we go to the movie rental place they see us coming and immediately suggest something that we will probably like. I'm glad to be known for what sort of movies we rent. I hope other Christians realize they are making an impression every time they rent a movie. It's a small thing, but each day Christians make an impression on others, which either reflects well on our Lord, or adds to the cynicism of non-Christians about us.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 12:17 PM
link   
if you fine folks don't know what is implied by "Metal", here you go..

love it.
it's just music, he was joking around.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by jaden_x

Not sure what you are angry about Jaden, but I hope it wasn't something I said! I'm also not sure who you are posting the video for. I guess I should thank you for taking the time to find the link, but also tell you that I don't watch anything that comes close to resembling hard rock or heavy metal. So I won't be watching that. As Keith Green said, 'No compromise'. Want to see one of his videos? I can post one, if you like.

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join