It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jack Black Gives A Prayer To Satan Live At The 2009 VMAS

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 06:17 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 06:19 PM
link   
RDFO IL 40 PRO DEL ATO

Does anyone know what this means?

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 06:21 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Hey OP!

You really need to look up the definition of the word "satire" and also remember that satire in poor taste or badly done is still satire (i.e. it's not true).

I think that there are many other real needs and concerns out there that would benefit from your time, compassion, concern and energy.

Personally, I watched the video and thought it was just lame.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 06:50 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by reasonable

We must consider who will be influenced by this kind of stunt

Hopefully as many as possible!

You call it manipulative trash? That's rich coming from someone knee deep in organized "religion".

watch this and get back to me:

www.youtube.com...

Where is 'your' outcry over the above???

Penn and Teller, ha! lol! what are you trying to say exactly. Number one I do not believe in the teachings of the Roman Catholic Church. I do not believe I must have the pope as the intercessor to God for me, that is the whole point of the Holy Spirit.

I'm glad you judge me so quickly knowing so much about me. As far as organized religion goes, that is the problem. I'm not into religion, I am into Christ. My personal relationship with Jesus is what matters to me. Even in the Christian churches there are people being led astray. I really don't need to go into detail with you, as you will not know what i am talking about.

There needs to be a differentiation between organized religion and following Christ.

[edit on 18-10-2009 by paxnatus]

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by paxnatus

The reason no one cares, is because tptb are satanists. that's enough to say, about this.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 08:22 PM
link   
You completely wasted my time.

Freemasonic hand gestures? Really?

Satanist? Really?

I havent seen him on any of the membership lists so he MUST be a fraud.

I must get back to my baby eating. Being a mason and helping kids is tough, hungry work.

You people.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 08:31 PM
link   
All the people who say Satan does NOT exist I can ONLY presume you are atheist', as almost every religion has demonic alternate idols/gods/beings.

As I heard from someone on TV today, "Yes I am a practising Catholic, But hey we can't believe in Miracles, Higher Powers whilst on Earth etc as that would be absurd."

The interviewer then reminded her that in the Catholic faith ALL of the Saints had to have "Proof" of Miracles etc before Beatification could be awarded. She remarked that it was 2009 and people had science and things now, so they didn't rely on miracles etc.

I'm NOT a practising Anything Religious, but I do believe in a GOD. I Know it sounds crazy to lots of you, it does to me but I've experienced great Evil on earth and great Good of a type I could not to this day explain with ANY science. This is what reaffirmed my faith.

Back to the subject, YES there is Satan, but if the world is that EVIL and it IS that TV companies/People allow anyone to openly pray to him (Joking or NOT) That is up to the world of TV, People Viewing and Religious dudes whether they complain or not.

I personally think he was serious, but acting in a joking manner as what better cover than I'm a comedian. Obviously I can't be Evil can I???

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 09:31 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by paxnatus
This should be proof enough that Satan has control over our world.

wow. You really weren't asking for much!

For me I would need a little more meat before I believed the evil counterpart of God was lo and behold chilling with us, listening to Tenacious D.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Titen-Sxull
Agreed, particularly religious zealots who stop their posts right on the edge of racial slurs all the while believing their ignorant minds will be the ones allowed into an eternal paradise.

Considering it is very obvious what the word would have been, I don't see that as on the edge. I see the instance as being the poster calling Obama an 'n-word'.

And in proof-reading this post, wherein I typed the full derogatory word, I see the ATS script has edited it to n-word, I guess they need to add "N...." tp the script as well.

[SNIP]

[edit on 10/18/2009 by Misfit]

Mod Edit: Removed off-topic response to racism.

[edit on 19-10-2009 by Gemwolf]

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 10:40 PM
link   
c'mon now...clearly the game is influenced by heavy metal and heavy metal is lets face it- all about hardcore rock and roll. Its a joke to think that Jack Black is anything more than a comedian. This was nothing but a publicity stunt for the game- there were no intentions but to try and sell the game there. I think you are taking it a bit harder than it was meant to be. Not only that but this happened months ago already. I don't see what the fuss is about.

I also agree with everyone else that says the devil isn't real. I don't know how anyone could believe a red-faced demon with horns is causing all the negativity in this world. Give me a break...

Its not a belief, its a fairytale.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Lister87

Misbehave and you're going to suffer eternally (Hell, Satan) - so people, not knowing any better at the time, with the general population far less educated than todays, then behaved. Behave and you'll go to heaven ,with God - Again similar situation.

No wonder you are so against Christianity. According to your post, you have no idea what a follower of Christ or a Christian is. There is nothing about one's behavior that determines whether or not a person is a Christian. One cannot earn his or her way to heaven.

Salvation was given to all as a free gift.

John 3:16 "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

Ephesians 2:8 "For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith--and this not from youselves, it is the gift of God--not by works, so that no one
can boast."

link[www.biblegateway.com...]

To think that true evil does not exist is very naive. For if there is good, then there must be it's counter part, evil.

I stated in my OP that this very well may have been a joke, in my opinion one of poor taste. Could it be that as a society that is bombarded with multiple media constantly, we are desensitized to what is really happening.
How far down the slope have we slid when we think it is "funny" to mockingly pray to one that represents the greatest evil ever known.

Do you think Satan is going to come right out and introduce himself for all to know? Satan does not work that way. He comes after you with the nuances, most don't recognize.Once he has your attention, he works on you over time it might be the smallest variation. By the time you notice something is wrong, he's trapped you.

Think of an addict, the first time he gets high is that the goal? No, he just wanted to try something new. Then the day comes when the person must have it just to get by.

I find it disturbing, yet not surprising, more people are not bothered by this.

Thank you for your comments.

Pax

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 11:22 PM
link   
He was promoting Brutal Legend. So, if you want to blame something, blame the game!

The game is a satire (weird thing when talking about a comedian... isn't it?) about metal and how rock have changed from it to the crap that's called "rock" nowadays... the scenarios and creatures almost all mimics metal and rock band's CD/LP covers, it's so full of demons and other kind of devilish creatures, and he fights against them... WITH AN AXE AND AN ELECTRIC GUITAR!!!!!!!!!
Ozzy Osbourne is also on the game
Here's the trailer, I've played the demo by myself in the PS3 and God, I enjoyed it. It's now on my "to buy" list.
www.youtube.com...
It's labeled M (+18) so your children is safe.

And even when I'm not part of any church, I believe in God and Jesus. I think that devil is everywhere you want to see it... and i don't see it on the game nor on Black's speech.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 11:26 PM
link   
It really is a shame that nobody here has any sense of humor or remembers history otherwise the past three pages of posts (chest beating) would not have even been made. Jack Black loves to riff on the old outdated fear tactics of associating music with the devil. It's threads like these which prevent people from taking ATS seriously...

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by paxnatus

Alow me you disagrre, but I will stay respectful even though I think you are WAY off the mark here.

You are gonna get flammed pretty bad for this, you know that right?

Anyway, here we go. When I was a teenager, I studied "witchcraft" and the Satanic Bible, iw ore Marilyn Manson shirts, went to a concert of his too. I covered every notebook I had with goat heads, pentegrams, Keys of Solomon, I wore shirts with eveil symbols. In other words, I constantly surrounded myself with all things "evil".

And you know what? Never did I once have a truly evil thought. I still daydreamed of the day I would be in the right situation at the right time to be a "hero" and save the day for someone. I still visited my grandparents and huged them. Still told my folks I loved them.

My point is, kids are influenced by some things, sure, but it cannot change who they REALLY are on the inside. Jack Black of all people is not going to lead our youth into oblivion. I tried damn hard to raise hell, and nothing ever happened, so I just don't believe in boogiemen and demons and what have you.

Oh yeah, and it WAS a joke.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Helig

you are right...but don't forget that it is also our equally absurd reaction to THESE threads that also make us look silly. check out this thread I made about this very subject.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 12:13 AM
link   
omg really ,,lol what a joke that is no prayer,,and there was no squirl dance lol wow why even start a thread on that

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by paxnatus

We must consider who will be influenced by this kind of stunt. I can tell you right now it may not be you or me because we are firmly grounded in our beliefs, but it will be our sons and daughters, that will be so heavily effected by this manipulative trash!

Yeah you're right, by tomorrow we'll see sacrificial lambs and blood itself will run down the streets as millions of virgins are sacrificed.

Or maybe not, yeah i'm guessing not.

It was a bit of fun, you might not view it that way but to those of us who don't believe in an afterlife it's all harmless comedy. Anyway the prayer wasn't exactly demonic, if Satan existed and heard that he'd probably laugh at the stupidity of it. Then he'd break out the guitar and play some metal!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join