It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hiromi in the California

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Hi, ATS! My name is Hiromi and I live slightly to the northwest of Lake Tahoe with my family. English is not my first, nor even my second language, so please do not be grammar nazi's with me. I have been living in the U.S. for 2 years now. In Japan, I was a biochemist, but in the U.S. I am a housewife.

I have been reading ATS for several months so that I could participate in conversation with my husband and his friends. Many of the topics that are discussed here are typically talked about at my house. The flu, pole reversals, climate change, collapse of the governemen, etc... It is all here. My husband is also very politically charged, but I tend to not care about politics.

I am not sure how often I will post or contribute to the discussions here on ATS. It depends on how comfortable I become with the community. I feel comfortable enough now to introduce myself.

I would like to close by saying that not all Japanese eat dolphin and whale. I don't eat it. It tastes bad and many of us think it is food for old people.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by hiromi

Welcome to ATS.
A former bio-chemist, huh? Cool. Although I would figure you would know enough as is to converse about flu vaccines and the like.

Anyhow, welcome aboard. By the way, I don't see much wrong with eating dolphin and whale, but I'm sure there will be quite a few here that do.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

Hi JayinAR! Thank you for the reply.

I understand the mechanisms for a flu virus and the vaccines used to treat them, and the anti-viral properties of Tamiflu, etc. What is a new concept for me is the mistrust for the companies that make medications.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Hello,
I would like to say hello. I too am a newbee and English is also my third language. Russian being my first and German being my second. English however is my most proficient language and therefore language of choice. Mainly due to the fact that the entire world speaks English or some close version of it. In my experience people who speak English as a second or third language actually speak it better than most "native speakers". No offense is meant by this because I like many people of the world do not speak my native language in its proper form. English is a difficult language and even the most proficient of speakers do not always get the grammar right all the time, so rest assured no one will be a "grammar nazi" here! In my short time here I have come to find the company knowledgeable and embracing of the worldly people who share their quest to DENY IGNORANCE!
Welcome be to you and all others, is the feeling I have gotten from all here!

LifENcircleS

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by hiromi

Welcome to ATS. How very interesting it will be to learn your perspective on the wonderful topics that we here at ATS touch upon regularily. Please feel free to become a regular contributor.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by LifENcircleS

Hi LifENcircleS! Thank you for the reply. I've been reading ATS for many months now, and I agree that the content here is very interesting.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by MissSmartypants

Hi MissSmartypants! Thank you for your reply, too.

I am only beginning to form my own opinions for many of the subjects that I have seen here on ATS. My husband likens us Japanese to a hive of bees. He often says that even when we pretend to rebel, we drink whatever they sell. It took me years to understand what that means.

When I told my husband I posted to this website, he said "be careful, the man is watching." I don't quite understand what he means by that.

top topics

join