It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO skeptics, Answer one question please?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 02:14 AM
link   
God, Jesus, Buddah, Allah, and all sides of religion are a matter of "FAITH," Ufo's, and all other such things are a matter of "BELIEVE." These two things are completely diffrent in nature, such as someone will say do you believe in ufo's?...to where someone who is skeptic of ufo's might say, I have faith that God will bring me out of my sickness. See the diffrence?..You know being skeptic, only means that there is not enough proof to say for sure, it doesn't mean you think everything out of the norm is fake, it simply means that your not sure because the facts aren't there. If your best friend called and said, hey I hit the lottery, 50 million, you would say hey I am skeptic of this until I see proof, bring the winning ticket over and lets look it up and see if it is a winner.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 02:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by watsgoingon?
Given that there is no video or photographic evidence of God and his son Jesus, the UFO skeptics among us here if you are religious or have beliefs in a higher power or creator, can it be explained why that is true but the UFO subject that has a huge amount of evidence that can be easily accessed and logically worked out to be true seems to be debunked by the skeptics?

And can we do a kind of a survey as well to see how many UFO skeptics actually believe in a higher power with a healthy skepticism in UFO'S please?

I'll bite. I do not believe in god or gods, although I leave open the possibility that something could be out there. (Many would call this agnosticism, but I'm a scientist, so I'd rather pick a hypothesis than simply sit in the middle
I would also like to note (for my own sanity) that, should I decide there is something out there, it will certainly not be the Abrahamic god, which is demonstrably non-existant).

Regarding UFOs: it depends what you mean. Do I believe that people see things in the sky, and occasionally video/photograph them, that are not easily explainable. I remain open-minded to what these things could be, but hink this phenomenon is likely unrelated to, e.g., abduction narratives.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 02:56 AM
link   
We can't have evidence of something we do not understand.

The supposed evidence of UFO/ET visitation is not definitive, similar to any kind of God. There is some really interesting photos, stories and events on both sides however.

The UFO phenomenon is turning into a religion itself. Believers in UFOs use unreliable text and second hand information to back up their claims as do the Christians.

We haven't evolved as a species to understand beings much more advanced than us or beings in higher dimensions(if they even exist).

Give the religious people a break as most believers in UFOs succumb to the same process of belief.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 02:58 AM
link   
Skeptic here, This is my official stance on UFO'S

There is ample evidence that the UFO phenomenon is very real no sensible person can deny this. I myself have witnessed a UFO over the town of Bedminster NJ. It was an ENORMOUS silver ball hovering in silence. I also once watched a mysterious jet ( it looked a lot like the boeing bird of prey.) hover LOUDLY over my condo, it was being watched by a black helicopter about 50 yards away from it.

As for the origins of said UFO's

No doubt UFO's are Synonymous with ETs. This is possible but it is only one of the possible explanations. Personally i feel it is more likely that the UFO'S are Advanced research aircraft or hidden aircraft projects or other technologies. I usually find the claims of swamp gas, Venus, ball lightning and weather balloons to be ridiculous.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 04:06 AM
link   
reply to post by watsgoingon?

to add my opinions to the mix :

i am an atheist , with zero beliefs in any god / gods

i believe that the existance of [ advanced ] extra terrestrial life is probable

i have yet to be convinced by any of the evidence presented for ` advanced alien inteligent races are visiting this planet `

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 04:27 AM
link   
For the OP:

I am as close to being an atheist as can be.

I believe there is an abundance of life elsewhere in the universe.

I am sceptical about whether or not any of it visits Earth.

-m0r

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join