It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The American Dream has Become...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn
reply to post by rainfall

My brother has not killed any kids. You are making assumptions about people you do not know. If you wanna attack someone who is comitting crimes look at the mercenary orgs operating in Iraq. You people have a skewed view of who the US military really is. My brother joined before he knew what was up, as far as he was concerned he was serving his country. I'm a constitutionalist and part of being that is serving in the armed forces. You guys want to be mad at the military but the real anger should be directed at those who make these policies. You act as if America is the only nation in the world that commits crimes.

Either way, that is enough of you trash talking my family. They are not the subject of this thread and I do not appreciate these baseless accusations of people you don't know. LEAVE MY FAMILY OUT OF THIS.

It would work better if you simply ignore reference to your family. You cannot control this thread nor anyone's responce to it. You fan the coal when you attempt to control someone else. Just let it go. Cap's and demands wont change a thing.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by gaslaugh123
Certainly enjoyed what you said and how it exposed the truth in your life. You truly care about what the "American dream" was initially based upon

Yeah, Sounds like he wants the 'American Dream' at the expense of sovereign nations.....who cares about them as long as I can have my dream...

TIME TO GROW UP!

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by injunfeller

You people just do not understand who and what the military is. We have the peoples back as we are the people. I'm not turning my back on my fellow Americans. But if you wanna understand why I'm doing what I'm doing the you should read the Constitution and then maybe get to know me a little instead of assuming things. You talk about ignorance, what ignorance do you show making assumptions on my character and my motivations?

It's a double edged sword. Denying Ignorance means denying your own as well. You have no idea who I am, who my family is and what my motivations are.

[edit on 18-10-2009 by projectvxn]

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 11:33 AM
link   

You're basing this charge on what exactly?
More assumptions and baseless accusations. The typical behavior of some one who has their own growing up to do.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Xeven

Duly noted. Some people live in a world where their own crap doesn't stink. I'll let them revel in it. I'm done arguing with people who think they can tell me who I am and who my family is.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

"Turns out my brother was now fighting for corporate interests, fighting to preserve the the ability of individuals and corporations both real and fake to rob the Iraqi piggy bank blind. And do the same with no-bid contracts...Billions of American Tax dollars that are now gone. Add to that bailouts, and massive government enabled fraud and all he fought for was to help the elite rob two nations, when he thought he was there to help."

"I too will soon take my Oath..And God Damn it I intend to keep it."

"I'm a constitutionalist and part of being that is serving in the armed forces."

"You have no idea who I am, who my family is and what my motivations are."

I always thought "constitutionalist" would rather join the militia long before they would join the regular army. To complain about the problem then 'Take an Oath" to defend that problem rings rather hollow and shallow.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by kenton1234

Why don't you go ahead and read the Oath yourself.
The ignorance people are displaying in this thread is astounding.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Good write-up. I can empathize with his situation as my parents are held fiscally responsible for me due to student loans from Sallie Mae. They are crooked too and I would rather kill my credit than pay them another cent as I don't see many loans coming my way in the future anyway. That's how things will probably play out once unemployment spikes further anyway but for the moment I shut up and pay up as my parents would have no way of understanding my actions.

One thing you and your brother may want to think about is what happens if the buildup of troops in Afghanistan is really about getting troop numbers up for an invasion of Iran on both fronts. There is a high likelihood that the Straights of Hormuz would be mined or blockaded as they were during the 80's. About 40% of the world's oil goes through this region and could result in the rapid collapse of the American Empire, possibly leaving service-people stranded in hostile territory. Considering that we are broke, already involved in two wars and spend on average $400 to get a gallon of gas into Afghanistan it is not at all inconceivable that we would spread ourselves too thin in such an operation as we can't pay the Iranians $20/day to lay down arms. In such an event it would probably be better if he were stateside at the time both for him and his children. I think we are barreling straight ahead into a situation where unemployment will be rampant no matter what and getting killed for a corporation doesn't benefit his daughters either.

Whatever decisions the two of you make I hope you let love rather than fear be your guides and trust your instincts as they are the best indicator of truth.

And for the record the Oath has nothing to do with orders. If you go into the military knowing what their goals are and what you will be asked to do then as far as the universe is concerned you are fully culpable for your actions unil that debt is paid off (meaning you will experience the opposite end of that situation in a later life or this one), something to think about.

[edit on 18-10-2009 by wanderingwaldo]

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 11:51 AM
link   
deductive reasoning...it works wonders.

That whole you don't know me line is irrelevant, men like all creatures are governed by math. That's why we are right back into this boiling cauldron called tyranny, although that list is pretty long...

Probability has discerned the most likely course(s) that you will take. Besides many of your predecessors chose a specific path, all the while claiming the same rhetoric..

I know i know, that whole you don't know me though line...they said the same thing... That whole I'm a unique flower thing, yah they taught you that, the bull# piles up pretty high.

People are largely predictable based on the scenarios that life throws at them. Far more predictable as a mob, such as the military. Most people's ego's have been trained otherwise so they have a really hard time accepting that. The ego is easily bruised...another reality most will not accept.

truth is, most of us do not know how we will react in a traumatic situation. Some people faint, some cower, others beg, some fight back...and yet others run.

The constitution reference...the constitution doesnt say join the military. The constitution gives you the 2nd amendment specifically so that you ARE NOT bullied by the military. Posse comitatus is in the gutter anyways.

Not to mention that once you're in the military you no longer have the autonomy and independence to even attempt to follow the idealistic beliefs that you have. Trust me, when that butter bar tells you to shoot God himself you'll squeeze, if you don't do it...you will GO TO JAIL, you will NOT PASS GO, you will not COLLECT $200 Dollars. It's just easier to squeeze...

ps. I won't follow illegal orders is probably one of the oldest known phrases...that never gets used except in front of a camera

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   

There is a beacon of light that guides people to love this country, and fight for this country, and preserve the values this country was founded upon...Maybe more so for people such as myself, who up until entering the US, had no idea we actually had the right to be treated like human beings.

Brilliant. Thank you! I truly appreciate you writing all this and sharing your story and feelings. I will pass this on to many - including my wife who is herself an immigrant, from Kenya, and trying hard to ignore how America has become.

Edited to add:

Looks like you really touched a nerve with a few people! Ignore them, if my opinion matters, they are here to fight the exact hope and standing up you are speaking of, and your passion and truth has raised their defenses! Good job!

[edit on 18-10-2009 by notreallyalive]

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by injunfeller

I've never failed to do what I say I will do. But that doesn't matter because basless accusation and assumption is the status quo around here.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Rainfall - I find your comments shocking! I'm amazed someone would flame something so passionate and real. I have to assume you have some ulterior motive for saying what you do; do you know what's behind your statements? Welcome to my foe list.

[edit on 18-10-2009 by notreallyalive]

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn
reply to post by manxman2

Are you from across the pond? If so I feel for you as well. Watching the UK so quickly become such a restrictive police state over the last 10 years has been disheartening as well. The World over we're seeing the tenets of freedom being kicked out the door in favor of centralized power. And it scares me to death.

First, well done for a truly remarkable post. I love seeing such passionate writing on here. S & F.

Second, it's not actually as bad in the UK as some would like to portray or suggest. At protests we don't have armed riot police storming universities, we don't have our leaders making statements and then denying or ignoring that they did with the help of complicit media, our leaders have to watch what they say, because we WILL call them on it.
For the most part, while our tabloid scum may be sickening to read sometimes, we still have relatively free press (in comparison to the US). Our reporters actually DIG for stories, they're not fed the party line from the offices of power.

While there is much about the UK I really hate, from the EDL/BNP to the corruption in leadership (of which there clearly is, in every government around the world to varying degrees) we are not yet at the point you are in America. When the expenses scandal broke, we harassed and hounded people from their positions. We accosted them in the street and demanded answers. And now, while it'#s not yet enough, we are demanding that they pay it back and that the free-for-all stops.
The same things happen in America (your elected do live off of your taxes don't they?) so where are the whistle-blowers? Where are the press talking about it? Where is the public opinion and outrage about it?

We do still fight, we don't yet have complete apathy toward our government.

So, while I don't wish to compare or compete, we are lucky in that we do have the energy, interest and will to force answers from our elected.

Anyway, great post, something has to change in America.
And you know, last night I was cruising through documentaries on Youtube while at work, and I discovered the sheer number of militia media out there, and the massive amount of discussion about "revolution".

It really is about to happen IMO. My only hope is that it is through peaceful means, but to do that you first have to force your regional elected to secede from the union. As scary as it sounds, I fear that if this doesn't begin soon, it will be far more violent in the future.

And I say all of this without a political side to argue on. I actually liked Obama, a lot, I hated Bush with a passion. But this is no longer anything to do with the guy at the top, this is about the corporations and government agencies operating as machines to make money, and using the American people as fuel to burn.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 12:06 PM
link   

So are you taking "The Oath" for the oaths sake or are you taking "The Oath" because its something you read about in the constitution? And if so what part are you reading?
You do not have to join the army to serve your country. Matter of fact you would serve it far better by not joining up to protect the problems you talk about.
You started your post with a little eloquence and intelligence. What happened?

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Congatulations.

You have certainly been "Americanized".

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 12:19 PM
link   

I am sorry if I got your thread off track....and I am sorry if you thought I was trashing your family....I was not..

But as you can see by the responses you're getting....maybe you need to re-think this whole 'American Dream' illusion.

I was using a little tough love on you to get you to think outside the little box you put yourself in......

And you're right, I have much growing still to do.

Hope this helps you grow...

I will not comment further.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 12:19 PM
link   

You wouldn't understand unless you were in my shoes. It is not something I can talk about over the internet. Suffice to say that I know precisely what I am doing. I am a man of my word.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   

"You wouldn't understand unless you were in my shoes. It is not something I can talk about over the internet. Suffice to say that I know precisely what I am doing. I am a man of my word."

I can only go on what you have posted in this thread. And I understand, buy what you have posted is that being a 'Constitutionalist' means you have to join the army. What part of the constitution are you reading?

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimbo2167
Congatulations.

You have certainly been "Americanized".

And damned proud of it. Always will be.
I make no apologies nor excuses for who and
what I choose to be. It seems people here are trying to
get me to do just that. But I am as honest with myself as
I am with the world and no such tactics will work.

If people here truly understood the Constitution, read the Federalist Papers and the Articles of Confederation(Plus related court cases and such) the they would understand why I do and say the things I do and say.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   

That's not what I said. I said I feel it is my duty as a Constitutionalist. Remember that the Federal Army is created by the Authority of the Constitution. And I am very strict on that premise.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join