It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Hubble Deep Field Before and After

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 02:51 AM
link   
Here's a video I made showing the Hubble Deep-Field image. It shows what the area looks like before the image and after.

I did this all in Microsoft World-Telescope because it has the cross-fade option. With this option, I can fade the image in and out.

So, the reason I made this was to infer that the Hubble images could only be the tip of the iceburg. When you see the video, notice how you can see the few points of light before the image comes in, and then compare when the image is totally composited in.

When I zoom out, you will notice that everywhere else in the sky looks just it does before I fade the image in. All of those stars at maximum zoom could all be galaxies as well!

What's shown in the Hubble Deep-Field could very well be EVERYWHERE, is what I'm saying...

(click to open player in new window)

(Sorry about the jerkiness).

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 08:39 AM
link   
It pretty much is everywhere - we just can't see it.

If you look across the galactic plane though (milky way) you won't be able to see many galaxies because they get obscured by stars.

If you have ever had the opportunity to see the stars from the middle of a desert on a cold night, and compare to what you might normally see - well, its a huge difference.

I used to live in a remote area and watch the stars - it was a temperate place - when it was cold, you could see the stars pretty well. But the desert was so much better.

You see barely anything anywhere near a town or city.

new topics

join