It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stop bashing us skeptics/debunkers and learn to think logically and with reason!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 05:46 AM
link   
reply to post by sphinx551

Sphinx.. I think my answer (not trying to debunk mind you) is that it is too good to be true. thats what sucks about this whole field. Not skeptics, not airy fairy believers, and not even the nut jobbies that run around saying they speak to jesus and the aliens. THe suckiest part are the attention whores and the pranksters. Sure. its a fun subject to poke fun at but come on.. draw the bloody line somewhere.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skeptical Ed
Look, believers, you are a gullible bunch. You accept whatever comes down the pike and the last thing you do is consider irrefutable evidence. To you, everything is as claimed. You don't have a curious bone in your body. None of you are scientists. None of you do in-depth research before you come to conclusions.

This is a good example of the gross over-simplification (or intentional trolling) that I discussed in the thread below:

"Skeptics" v "Believers"

All the best,

Isaac

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 06:13 AM
link   
Conspiracists, I think some of you may be taking the Op to personally, although I do think it may have been better if any particular cases were left out of the discussion. Another problem lies with people who are just utterly deniable of anything no matter what information is presented to them. But I don't think it's too much to ask to provide solid evidence and to look at it logically.

Here is a video I posted in another thread which is also very applicable here

video by QualiaSoup

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Nice thread, perhaps the site owners might consider have a section were only debunkers are at home and if and when one chooses or should i say challengers the depunkers or skeptics then this would be the are to post.

Obviously it would be an area of much craziness.

"Here is a lizard human"

"Crop circles are messages"

"Aliens walk amongst us"

"NASA leaked UFO footage" (If and when a particular video is leaked on purpose from nasa, i/we/them are certain that panic will set in amongst the human race. What was it one thread i had read in the past was saying or along these lines, "they are way too intelligent to even consider doing us any harm" LoL... I guess they obviously are unaware of what we do to any lower intelligent life forms on this planet let alone to our own life form. Its a cosmological rule and thats about how the cookie crumbles.

Anyway, i would like to see a particular

(Debunkers-Skeptics Corner)

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 07:24 AM
link   
I've personally been on both sides and have seen how both sides use poor methods in expressing the point. For instance a skeptic stating "that's nonsense" with nothing more to add really doesn't accomplish anything. A believer telling a skeptic to go back to sleep doesn't accomplish anything either. I think those are the sort of tactics that are the main problem.

[edit on 18-10-2009 by finnegan]

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by IsaacKoi

All encompassing remarks such as the one you pointed out is another good example of the problem. Because what is applicable to one may not be applicable to another.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skeptical Ed
You posted the photo, challenged me to debunk it and then you expressed your negative thinking, therefore you support its reality.

How is negative thinking involved?

[edit on 18-10-2009 by sphinx551]

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Skeptical Ed

what the hell is "logic" ?

are you talking about human mathematics ?

if so let me teach you something, if that language (math) is pretty perfect it is however all based on a fake paradigm : 0 or 1; true or false.

As a matter of fact this logic is completely missing the point by excluding "true and false" and "nor true, nor false" of the equation.

so which "logic" are you talking about? there are so many of them... ?
are you experiencing life with a binary mind ?

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 08:59 AM
link   
I want to believe the OPs, but I would need to see some hard evidence on this passionately skeptical community (which I call cynics since its one sided skepticism) truely does have a logical mind.

until then, its simply a religous type mindset thinking they know the answers on the unanswerable.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by sphinx551
Just try to debunk this picture:

I do not think you can.

If thats real Iam the ruler of the WORLD!!

WHAT IDIOT claims to have taken that post some info!

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
I want to believe the OPs, but I would need to see some hard evidence on this passionately skeptical community (which I call cynics since its one sided skepticism) truely does have a logical mind.

until then, its simply a religous type mindset thinking they know the answers on the unanswerable.

Plenty of posts on here rel supposed photographic evidence of alien stuff lets see the MARS RAT not a rat a ROCK. (eh zorgon)
Then of course we have the spires on the MOON one expert on here with his claimed 30yrs experience on ariel shots WHO believed they were evidence of structures on the Moon had to admit he was wrong. (loved that!)
The people you called skeptics posted good evidence to prove them wrong plenty more if you look about.
You have to look at all possible causes NOT just what you wish and hope for 99.999% of the time its the boring reason, that gives you guy's 0.001% of hope! look at my sig for some real good advice

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Skeptical Ed

Your obviously looking for a lot of negative reactions, Well i'll not stoop to your petty, omnipotent all knowing, "ideas" about how there is no truth to the ufo phenomenon?

All i will say is that the universe is very old, a lot older than our wee planet and look at the evolution in our flying machines that are only 100 years old, not counting (balloons)
and try to imagine that we invented the plane 50,000 years ago if thats possible for you?

What kind of flying tech do you think we would have now?

Space rockets say are 50-65 years old now? Now imagine we made our first one only 5000 years ago if your brain will allow such an outlandish leap of imagination

Do you think we would still be using fossil fuels?

And cant you imagine that somewhere on another planet another civilization that progresses at exactly the same rate as us and do exactly everything we do except their evolutionary path started 100.000 years prior to the state we are in the now, so their tech would be 100,000 years more advanced than ours?

Meaning the stuff they have and the things they can do we cannot even comprehend as it would just be like science fiction, except we cannot make a story that would be that technologically advanced, as it will be leaps and bounds ahead of anything we have in books or the movies today. Star trek wouldn't even have a patch on the tech that would be possible?

Well try to think about that a wee bit, thats just a wee tiny bit of the multi faceted argument about UFO'S and your healthy skepticism that personally i think is a learned reaction to the whole UFO topic as sheep believe what their told to believe and are put off even talking about it to workmates and the like as for years it has been "unfashionable" to speak of such things, So these topics and ones like it are continually ignored in the general day to day chat of the sheeple?

Negativity, material things, who's having an affair with who and he said she said kinda pointless drivel is all widely regarded as being acceptable and fashionable and correct to speak of such things but the real things that matter are not, and you my friend seem like a victim of the thought police forcing their law apon you to the point that you are programmed to follow the "rules" about what people will be allowed to talk about to the point you don't need controlling as the sheeple talk to the sheeple without the sheperd needing to have any input whatsoever?
A well oiled machine or well wired electrics, pretty flawless

I'm ranting now so i will stop as i think i've said what i had too, it just annoys me that the truth is there if you do a bit of research and learn the truth,
Either your too lazy, too arrogant/ignorant or programmed to perfection, even a bit of each but the truth is slapping you in the face day in day out on the net and on the news, "sort of" If you want to know the truth you can find it and that is a FACT, FACT, FACT
Get a nightscope, look up on a clear night for say 8 hrs maybe 5 times and then come back and post your results, Please??

Thats me
skeptics drain thought energy from you i think as i know im wasting time talking to them but belief it's like a fish and the skeptics are a big, fat juicy worm on a hook for my thoughts and you can't help but bite?

Also cos you know what your saying to them is true, in my Reality anyway

peace

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Yep right skeptics with critical thinking, lol. My life has been ruined by mind control for 17 years fact. Then people try to tell me it does not exist on here, lol.

Nice critical thinking, like with tin foil hats.

Skeptics are hypocrites fact.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by sphinx551
Just try to debunk this picture:

I do not think you can.

Your post sums up the difference between believers and skeptics.
Skeptics want context, multiple sources and testable evidence.
Believers believe anything if it's shiny.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
My life has been ruined by mind control for 17 years fact. Then people try to tell me it does not exist on here, lol.

Care to shed some light on this?

Even if the OP was kind of arrogant, i think there's a lot of useless paranoia and just plain crazy postings in ATS. And I thought I was nuts

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by finnegan
Conspiracists, I think some of you may be taking the Op to personally, although I do think it may have been better if any particular cases were left out of the discussion. Another problem lies with people who are just utterly deniable of anything no matter what information is presented to them. But I don't think it's too much to ask to provide solid evidence and to look at it logically.

Here is a video I posted in another thread which is also very applicable here

video by QualiaSoup

That's the best video on this topic I have ever seen.
I would love to see some "believers" takes on this.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Your so called 'skepticism' seems to be just another brand of belief.

Here on ATS it might not be the mainstream view, but outside ATS then that's the mainstream view - that ET's don't exist, and any evidence that they do, or might is simply a fabricated hoax, wishful thinking - or a picture of a weather balloon.

Now I don't believe in ET's - I don't not believe in them either. I don't really feel the need to debunk any and all evidence of them to 'prove myself right', neither do I need to rant against people who don't believe in them.

Belief is a personal choice - and I feel it is always a misplaced notion to believe anything - its simply a convenient way to stop thinking about a subject. Once you KNOW the TRUTH, then you don't have to ask any more questions, or look at any more information.

You task then becomes to convince ALL THOSE OTHER FOOLS about how WRONG they are.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Amagnon

That is not entirely true. Actually, majority of Americans believe in UFOs. Also, skepticism just wants scientific evidence instead of blind faith.

If people want answers to these things, the worst thing you can do is to have blind faith, because that will get you distracted about the real, factual truth.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Cant someone be a skeptical-believer?

Sorry no second line as i only had one question...

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 10:51 AM
link   
I have no more to say on the subject about skeptics as the clue is in the name "skeptics"
Skeptic: One who habitually doubts, questions or disagrees with assertions or generally accepted conclusions.
One inclined to skepticism in religious matters.

Now i have not seen Jesus or seen God but i believe and there is no photographic proof or video evidence, Just books with text and Mel Gibson movie's, I wonder how many of the UFO skeptics are believers in God or believers in a higher supernatural creator or anything of that ilk at all ?

It would be very very interesting to see what the outcome of a small ATS survey would be?

I may have strayed off topic a bit but it'd be interesting??

peace

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join