It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stop bashing us skeptics/debunkers and learn to think logically and with reason!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Geez, I'm so sick and tired of seeing threads with titles attacking skeptics and debunkers as if the people posting such threads were the brightest stars in the sky! Believers have a problem with skeptics because skeptics put believers in their place. An extremely large percentage of ATS members, participating in the Aliens and UFOs forum, are believers and, trust me, that doesn't say much for them. Yea, they find a lot of company to commiserate with.

If it wasn't for skeptics this planet would have gone to hell in a handbasket! Look, believers, you are a gullible bunch. You accept whatever comes down the pike and the last thing you do is consider irrefutable evidence. To you, everything is as claimed. You don't have a curious bone in your body. None of you are scientists. None of you do in-depth research before you come to conclusions.

To you, a UFO did crash in Roswell. To you, millions of humans have been abducted by aliens. To you, there's a variety of aliens from greys to reptilians to Nordic to... To you, the U.S. Gov't (and other governments) has UFO secrets that are going to be "disclosed" (yeah!). To you, there are "captured" UFOs in Area 51 that are being reversed-engineered. To you, ...

Take advantage of the great tool being offered to you, our logical, reasoning minds!

Of course, it goes without saying that this thread if replied to by believers will be bombarded with insults 'cause logic is not their game.

How about it, skeptics, why don't you vent your frustrations with these don't-show-me-no-irrefutable-evidence-I-don't-need-it, I believe it cause he/she said so!

[edit on 17-10-2009 by Skeptical Ed]

+16 more 
posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skeptical Ed

skeptics put believers in their place.

An extremely large percentage of ATS members, ... are believers and, trust me, that doesn't say much for them.

If it wasn't for skeptics this planet would have gone to hell in a handbasket!

Look, believers, you are a gullible bunch.

You accept whatever comes down the pike

the last thing you do is consider irrefutable evidence.

To you, everything is as claimed.

You don't have a curious bone in your body.

None of you are scientists.

None of you do in-depth research before you come to conclusions.

Of course, it goes without saying that this thread if replied to by believers will be bombarded with insults 'cause logic is not their game.

Such a collection of broad generalizations. Very insightful. It seems you have it all figured out.

Take advantage of the great tool being offered to you, our logical, reasoning minds!

Very nice of you to offer your logical reasoning mind. Quite selfless.

How about it, skeptics, why don't you vent your frustrations

Why don't the sceptics vent their frustrations? Maybe because true sceptics aren't as prone to angry and arrogant stereotyping as you seem to be.

[edit on 17-10-2009 by badgerprints]

+1 more 
posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 10:36 PM
link   
What exactly are you skeptical about? Hmm, are you skeptical about science? Are you skeptical of skeptics? How about the government? Are you skeptical about the official 9/11 story? Are you skeptical about reports of swamp gas or military flares? If not, maybe you're not so much a skeptic but only a different kind of believer.

[edit on 17-10-2009 by theyreadmymind]

+1 more 
posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 10:48 PM
link   

If it wasn't for skeptics this planet would have gone to hell in a handbasket! Look, believers, you are a gullible bunch. You accept whatever comes down the pike and the last thing you do is consider irrefutable evidence.

What a troll thread... I can't believe I'm going to post in it.

Anyway, for what it's worth go and sell your hogwash ideas to people who have seen aliens. Try telling them that they're not thinking logically, when they know what they saw.

I guess you must be jealous that you haven't seen aliens, so you take the easy path trying to debunk them instead.

There's plenty of people who quietly chuckle to themselves, knowing how wrong the skeptics really are. In fact, I'd bet that most people who have seen aliens barely tell anyone else about it... you just never know who's seen what and who's for real. Well, many skeptics think they know it all.

[edit on 17-10-2009 by tezzajw]

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Skeptical Ed

That is somewhat of a norrow-minded comment because believers could in turn ask you skeptic's/debunkers to stop bashing them (as I have seen that happen first hand).

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skeptical Ed Believers have a problem with skeptics because skeptics put believers in their place. An extremely large percentage of ATS members, participating in the Aliens and UFOs forum, are believers and, trust me, that doesn't say much for them.

The irony is, you aren't actually a skeptic and so you'll find little support for your rant from legitimate skeptics.

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Just try to debunk this picture:

I do not think you can.

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by tezzajw
I guess you must be jealous that you haven't seen aliens, so you take the easy path trying to debunk them instead.

There's plenty of people who quietly chuckle to themselves, knowing how wrong the skeptics really are. In fact, I'd bet that most people who have seen aliens barely tell anyone else about it... you just never know who's seen what and who's for real. Well, many skeptics think they know it all.

This is the attitude that drives me insane. There's a kind of "Old Boy's Club" thing going on here, where if you don't swallow every explanation shoveled down your throat, then you're an object to be laughed at and looked down upon.

All well and good, you're free to insult skeptics, you're free to piss and moan about people who consider alternatives to the "party" line. Funny thing is that you could bully every single skeptic out of the field, have your little celebratory parties and gush to each other about how many different types of aliens are watching earth, how the government is evil, how cows are being abducted and so on. Will it suddenly become mainstream and garner mature attention? Will you all be sudden celebrities because there's nobody putting your fervor in check?

No. And one other thing: It won't make aliens real. They won't suddenly show up because there are no longer people pointing out that a fuzzy picture is actually a bird. It's very easy to sit back and conjecture and write fancy stories about how many different types of aliens there are, where they come from, and why they give a damn about our global warming, but it doesn't make it real.

I say ignore the skeptics. Let that extra little bit of outward reasoning dissolve. See where that gets you.

[edit on 17-10-2009 by EsSeeEye]

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 11:11 PM
link   
This is a funny thread.
It's so debunkable.

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 11:16 PM
link   
I had to come and be skeptical about this thread.

Their is so much to debunk I do not know where to begin.

Already lost the battle, so now I must begin attack phase.

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 11:19 PM
link   

If it wasn't for skeptics this planet would have gone to hell in a handbasket! Look, believers, you are a gullible bunch. You accept whatever comes down the pike and the last thing you do is consider irrefutable evidence.

Anyway, for what it's worth go and sell your hogwash ideas to people who have seen aliens. Try telling them that they're not thinking logically, when they know what they saw.

[edit on 17-10-2009 by tezzajw]

Well
he does the rounds on you tube as well trying to debunk everything that does not fit into his belief on reality.

NICE try Ed

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by EsSeeEye
This is the attitude that drives me insane. There's a kind of "Old Boy's Club" thing going on here,

Go and find someone who has seen an alien. Look them in the eye and tell them that they didn't see what they saw, after you have heard their story.

I don't give a rat's arse for all of the fake reports - and there's plenty of them. Most reports are probably explainable and mndane. However, some people know they are telling the truth - that they have met aliens - and that's all that counts to me.

If you want to doubt them, that's fine. Do whatever you must to sleep safe at night.

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 11:24 PM
link   
You do realize that by posting this that you have become what you dislike. Not a believer, but a spiteful argumentative person. Let it go and believe what you believe. It's not your place to convince anybody of anything, or to "put anyone in their place."

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 11:28 PM
link   

SkepticalEd, I don't know if you are serious about this.

But I am all too afraid that you are.

If you are really serious, I ask you only to re-read your own first post here, and see if you can't debunk yourself.

Because you are clearly what you claim to hate, a true believer.

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 11:31 PM
link   
I hate these bashing threads oh so much that I'm going to create one!

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Look, believers, you are a gullible bunch. You accept whatever comes down the pike and the last thing you do is consider irrefutable evidence. To you, everything is as claimed. You don't have a curious bone in your body. None of you are scientists. None of you do in-depth research before you come to conclusions.

That's the problem right there. Anyone who disagrees with you is "gullible" but you're "logical." You're not being an equal opportunity skeptic though, you pick and choose what to be skeptical about. To many of us, you are the one who seems gullible for believing that authority tells you.

As for us not having a curious bone in our bodies, woah. Just woah. I don't know where to start with that statement.

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Seriously? Why do you have such a hard on for people who take good evidence into account and believe in ETs? Are you jealous that you've never seen one or something? Why the need to show everyone how supreme and logically intelligent you are? Why not be content with your own beliefs? I suppose it's because you aren't content. Well good luck with that.

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 11:36 PM
link   
I'm not going to post for or against the OP, but they are entitled to their opinion and they have every right to stand on their own 2 feet defending it.

As far as I am concerned, (and it's only my opinion, take it as you will) Truth is a matter of perspective, and thus is subject to interpretation.

I wouldn't take any notion too seriously, if it were not for the points against it.
I listen to all sides before coming to my own conclusions.
In the end, I'll have to make a choice to settle on one position or another.
Therein is the interpretation.
No one has all the answers.
"You can wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe, or you can see how deep the rabbit hole goes".

At least lets agree to disagree. Everyone is going to perceive the world differently.

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by sphinx551
Just try to debunk this picture:

I do not think you can.

You did not learn anything from my post. You posted the photo, challenged me to debunk it and then you expressed your negative thinking, therefore you support its reality.

It's up to YOU, not me to provide irrefutable evidence that what is seen in the photo is a real being. Of course, you won't be able to 'cause you are a believer and it doesn't matter if the photo is not of anything but a hoax, you're satisfied. Way to go!

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by conspiratorx
snipped useless quote
Well
he does the rounds on you tube as well trying to debunk everything that does not fit into his belief on reality.

NICE try Ed

Contrary to your unsupported comment I don't do the rounds on youtube as there is too much human feces on display there. And, if you had any reasoning you'd realize that what I have commented on I have supplied evidence for. Why don't you quote what was posted on youtube and what I replied and see if your words hold truth.

And, FYI, I don't have a belief system. I'm not a believer. Beliefs are for the gullible. My reality does not depend on beliefs but on knowing or not knowing.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join