It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Physical mediums, True or False?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Heya,

To start this off I will ask a question of anyone that is a medium, or claims to be one.(No offense to any of ya) Have you or anyone known to you, ever been able to produce ectoplasm? I've been sort of reading up on trance,and physical(ie materializing)mediums as of late, and I am sort of on the fence about it. I'd love to hear what the people on ATS think of this, is it just a hoax, Or what?

I'll leave u with a few links to some photos and tidbits
www.victorzammit.com...
www.skepdic.com...
www.transcommunication.org...
www.cabinetmagazine.org...

And before i get pounded by the skeptics, I know many of these folks have been said to be hoaxes using egg whites, muslin or other household implements of the time.

--Stormseeker

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormseeker

Surely, you mean *psychic* mediums?

I know predicting future events is possible. No doubt about that.

I also know most of the publicly renowned "psychics" are charlatans of the worst sort. And Sylvia Browne is their gang leader....

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   
I've never had anything like ectoplasm form while doing a medium reading. I'm open to it being real, but I am one of those types that if I can't experience it, I am very skeptical of it.

And the thought of it...YUCK!! thats just gross!

And yes, there are real psychic meduims out there. Just to answer the topic post

[edit on 17-10-2009 by Darkblade71]

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   
no, i actually did mean physical mediums. supposedly they can create ectoplasm, that can sometimes form hands, or other appendages from the mediums eyes ears mouth or pores. Yes they would be psychic as well, but i figured physical would get my point across.

And I am guessing it would be pretty gross thing to happen to a medium. And by the way I do believe in psychics to an extent, just want sure bout the whole materialization thing.

[edit on 17-10-2009 by Stormseeker] spelling, and errors.

[edit on 17-10-2009 by Stormseeker]

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Oh, sorry, my mistake!
I should've read with more care.

I have never seen anyone producing ectoplasm. I suppose anything is possible, though. And like I said, I know predicting the future *is* possible.
That's all I can say about this subject. I hope others can add more "meat and potatoes" to the discussion. :-)

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ethereal Gargoyle

Oh, sorry, my mistake!
I should've read with more care.

I have never seen anyone producing ectoplasm. I suppose anything is possible, though. And like I said, I know predicting the future *is* possible.
That's all I can say about this subject. I hope others can add more "meat and potatoes" to the discussion. :-)

Thanks for the post and am also hoping for more info on this subject.

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   
I would never want to be a physical meduim.
Letting something else control your body is dangerous.

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 04:52 PM
link   
the popular magician Houdini was also looking for a Real
Medium who could make the (Spiritual World) Ectoplasm appear...

All he found were frauds & cons

Ectoplasm is as real as the present day Quantum physics stuff the scientists theorize as 'Dark Matter'.... i.e. its 'possible', but as yet never seen or handled !

Ghost Busters movie showed images that were made of ectoplasm.

the stuff must be some lesser density or else a higher frequency than what we can precieve here in this 4 dimensional reality

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by St Udio

the popular magician Houdini was also looking for a Real
Medium who could make the (Spiritual World) Ectoplasm appear...

All he found were frauds & cons

Ectoplasm is as real as the present day Quantum physics stuff the scientists theorize as 'Dark Matter'.... i.e. its 'possible', but as yet never seen or handled !

Ghost Busters movie showed images that were made of ectoplasm.

the stuff must be some lesser density or else a higher frequency than what we can precieve here in this 4 dimensional reality

Yes, I know about Houdini, however generally things like this have a basis in truth somewhere. Just finding that bit of truth can be daunting.

new topics

top topics

join