It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel Faces Growing Pressure After UN War Crimes Vote

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Israel Faces Growing Pressure After UN War Crimes Vote

www.voanews.com

Israel is facing growing international pressure after the United Nations Human Rights Council approved the Goldstone Report, which accuses the Jewish state of war crimes against Palestinians. The Goldstone Report also accuses Palestinian militants of war crimes during the Gaza conflict of nearly a year ago.

British Prime Minister Gordon Brown and French President Nicolas Sarkozy sent a letter to Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, calling on him to cooperate with the Goldstone Report.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   
I have always contended that for Israel in order to be treated as equal partners in the international stage they got to hold themselves accountable in this type fo inquiries.

Why do they feel they can't be investigated and held to account, why do they feel so above everybody else? If crimes where comttied they need to be investigated and people taken to justice, this is the sort of stuff that give the Israeli cause a black eye.

www.voanews.com

[edit on 17-10-2009 by Bunch]

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   
What about the war crimes committed in Georgia?

What about the war crimes committed in Iraq/Afghanistan?

What about the war crimes committed in Sudan?

What about the war crimes committed in Somalia?

What about the war crimes committed in Sri Lanka?

What about the war crimes committed in Indonesia?

Not to mention the countless other places where innocent civilians are murdered by state factions in their bid for power.

What about them?

I smell a rat. Wait, make that a whole nest of rats.

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   
This is total b.s. if Israel is a warcriminal state then Palestine would be a nation come on. I fully support Israel and Palestine can take a flying leap if it want's for all I care. I won't forget that there are innocents in Palestine too so they don't have to leap but everybody else does. Besides can anyone really actually say they trust the U.N. I know I can't.

[edit on 10-04-08 by Beach Bum]

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Beach Bum
I fully support Israel and Palestine can take a flying leap

I do not support any government or faction.

I do not know them. But I do see the oppression and suffering that all sides are so great at spreading.

I am afraid that you are taking sides on one of the two wings of media propaganda, pro or con.

This is a grave mistake, and will lead you down a path that has been pre-determined for you.

Step away from the situation for a minute, and look at it from a neutral perspective.

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   
It’s high time the nations of the world sunk some teeth into the U.N. Resolutions regarding Israel and Palestine and put an end to the sixty years of Israeli genocide against the Palestinian people.

The Palestinians have made some blunders along the way to be sure, but the reality is they are a displaced people through no act of their own.

European powers made it possible for Jews and Zionists from all over the world to immigrate into Palestine and then dropped the ball in no small part due to Zionist terrorism in ensuring that all the occupants of the region would live in security and peace.

The reality is so many nations do not favor the Zionist regime for one simple reason and that is because it’s a criminal regime.

The fact that so many nations and people decry is not evidence of persecution its evidence of integrity.

Israel needs to start abiding by all International Treaties and all U.N. Resolutions and at the very least in the meantime to stop demanding U.N. intervention when it serves Israel and defying U.N. intervention when it doesn’t serve Israel.

Israel is little more than a third world debtor nation that lives on international charity and hand outs.

This notion that it should be allowed to act like a world superpower and place itself against the law is a dangerous and foolish one for all concerned.

I sincerely hope the U.N. Security Council implements these reports and follows them up with trials for War Crimes and prosecutes any offender proved guilty to the fullest prescribed letter of the law.

Law serves no one well when it is unevenly applied. The Law needs to be even implied to all nations.

[edit on 17/10/09 by ProtoplasmicTraveler]

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Bunch

Funny thing is, BOTH Israel and the hamas terrorists were accused by the UN report.

Hamas terrorists were confirmed to be launching attacks from schools, playgrounds and civilian homes with "NO" regard to the civillains safety as these spots were the locations of "COUNTER" attacks.

When will the Hamas terrorists face growing pressure?????

[edit on 10/17/2009 by mrmonsoon]

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrmonsoon

When will the Hamas terrorists face growing pressure?????

[edit on 10/17/2009 by mrmonsoon]

Growing pressure?

When Hamas was elected, the EU, the USA and Canada refused to recognize them. Their assets are frozen in the vast majority of nations worldwide. Almost all international aid was frozen. They have been almost completely isolated in every possible regard by the international community - economically, politically, and diplomatically. Furthermore, in many countries, any kind of financial assistance of Hamas -even indirect - is a criminal act, as is distributing information that shows support for them.

And you wonder when the international community will do MORE? As though they've done nothing so far?

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Until the so called supporters of the Palestinians who have effectively blocked any real attempts to gain lasting peace in the region through the refusal to accept Israel's existence (Hezbollah and their friends in the Arabic/Muslim world) and demands that Palestianians return to their old neighborhoods which don't exist anymore, the UN War Crimes Vote is just another example of why nothing positive gets accomplished re this whole issue.

The hatred against Israel and Jews the and bloodlust spread on television in countries like Syria and Lebanon (children's programs in both countries regularly have kids' shows with characters vowing to murder Israelis and Jews in general and are just one example of the hatred spread throughout the media in the Arabic/Muslim world) demonstrates just why Israel digs in.

I'm not denying the terrible pain and suffering inflicted on innocent Palestinians - for example the heartbreaking examples of old women being shot by Israeli troops because they went the wrong way when told to move to a certain position. I'm not denying the brutal Israeli soldiers who wore t shirts mocking their victims. I'm not denying those kinds of things.

However, Israel's military and government held investigations into those atrocious actions post Gaza operation. Imagine Hezbollah or any other anti Israel force holding any kind of investigations after their military and terror operations against Israel and its citizens? You'll never hear of any because there won't be any.

I am not Jewish by ethnicity or religion. But I have to say I understand why Israel will never be moved by UN Reports etc etc because the real peace process has to start with the recognition by all of its adversaries' representatives that

1) Israel is an established state. It will not go away. It will not re-draw its boundaries until the countries that surround it give hard evidence of goodwill including Hezbollah being told by the Lebanese govt that is has no right to be a state within a state and will cease its military and terror operations.

2) Palestinians can't go back to the land their great grandfathers owned or rented. It is now 2009. They are not the first people to lose their lands and they won't be the last.

If the terrorists among them and their terrorist supporters hadn't unravelled the peace process by firing rockets at civilians, cutting the throats of seminary students etc, Gaza in time would have been an autonomous area with investment pouring in. It"s in Israel's interests to have a democratic, free trading Palestinian state in Gaza - does anybody really believe Israel wants the current situation to go on?

As it is the US and other countries have been the Palestinians' best friends in terms of aid for a long time. Had the Palestinian leadership.Arabic world leaders etc wanted to be positive instead of destructive, things would have been different.

[edit on 17-10-2009 by dontbelievehype]

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bunch

I have always contended that for Israel in order to be treated as equal partners in the international stage they got to hold themselves accountable in this type fo inquiries.

Why do they feel they can't be investigated and held to account, why do they feel so above everybody else? If crimes where comttied they need to be investigated and people taken to justice, this is the sort of stuff that give the Israeli cause a black eye.

www.voanews.com

[edit on 17-10-2009 by Bunch]

Because they are the chosen people dummy, even Americans know that. See if you read your bible you would appreciate the love and support they get from their brothers.
(Sarcasim, 2009)

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by dontbelievehype
Until the so called supporters of the Palestinians who have effectively blocked any real attempts to gain lasting peace in the region through the refusal to accept Israel's existence (Hezbollah and their friends in the Arabic/Muslim world) and demands that Palestianians return to their old neighborhoods which don't exist anymore, the UN War Crimes Vote is just another example of why nothing positive gets accomplished re this whole issue.

I don't think you quite get it.

Israel was created without consulting the people who lived there. Fact. There was no vote, there was no referendum, there was no consultation whatsoever. Other countries gave themselves the right to create Israel - and damn the people living there.

By recognizing Israel, and by giving up their claim to the place they used to live, they are (a) surrendering unconditionally, and (b) abdicating any rights that they may have and (c) giving their moral blessing to the process that created the situation.

Israel makes a great show of refusing to deal with groups that don't recognize their legitimacy. However - when has the Israeli government ever given similar recognition to the Palestinians? When is that ever even suggested as an option? It's an idea so rare as to be almost non-existent.

These are the roots of the conflict. The double standard of legitimacy.

Understand the implications of what you're suggesting. When Israel demands that group X explicitly recognizes their authority and gives up the right of return as a concession for the resumption of peace talks (a frequent precondition), they are, in effect, saying that they will not negotiate for peace until they have received an unconditional surrender, admission of guilt, acceptance of culpability, and complete control of all possible negotiation points.

Those are the implications. That's really what it means. Israel, in a nutshell, refuses to even talk about a lasting peace until the other side agrees, in advance, to give up the right to negotiate anything and accept Israel's terms.

Wanna buy a used car? I'd be happy to talk about selling you one, provided you agree, in advance, to buy whatever car I want to sell you for the price I want you to pay, in the condition that I want to sell it to you in, and waive the ol' right of return. What a bargain, eh?

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by vox2442

The truth in history is actually the following......

The Land that was Israel after WW2 was owned/controlled by the British/English/UK (whatever term you like) and was given to the UN to recreate the nation of Israel.

Gaza, was a territory of Egypt.

When Egypt and a couple other countries prepared to attack Israel all at once, they lost to Israel in that war....badly.

That land and more was absorbed in the victory of Israel over it's neighbors who thought they were going to slaughter the inhabitants of Israel.

After the war, Israel allowed gazan's to go back to Egypt.

Egypt refused to allow them into Egypt, as did all their brother muslium countries.

This bit of history repeated as necessary to educate those who don't seem to know history.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 07:43 PM
link   

reply to post by vox2442

The Land that was Israel after WW2 was owned/controlled by the British/English/UK (whatever term you like) and was given to the UN to recreate the nation of Israel.

When Egypt and a couple other countries prepared to attack Israel all at once, they lost to Israel in that war....badly.

That land and more was absorbed in the victory of Israel over it's neighbors who thought they were going to slaughter the inhabitants of Israel.

Egypt refused to allow them into Egypt, as did all their brother muslium countries.

This bit of history repeated as necessary to educate those who don't seem to know history.

It depends on how you look at history, if you forget that Jews from Europe were migrating to that land in masses without the original population's consent then your version of history makes the Zionist regime look like the victims.

Don't forget that those Jews were not from that land, they had homes in Europe, America, Russia etc.

Invasion of Palestine

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 07:44 PM
link   

I think you meant "the land that was Palestine", because that's what it was called.

On what authority did the British control Palestine ? On what authority did they cede it? On what authority did the UN create Israel?

A vote of 33 to 13, with 10 abstentions. Every nation between Egypt and India voted against it - and as for the people living in Palestine: they weren't even asked.

You mean Israel attacked them. Usually that tends to be ignored. There's a lot more that tends to be ignored about that conflict, like the way Israel immediately ignored the conditions of the UN resolution that created them, and started forced evictions and so forth. The terrorist campaigns. The civil war. The refugees streaming across the borders. All those things that tend to be forgotten, along with the forced establishment of a new European Colony in the region, which led to those groups arming.

No, Israel attempted to deport every last one of them, and refuses to this day to accept that people have a right to live where they were born, deciding instead to give precedence to the right to live where your ancestors were born 15 generations ago.

Backatcha.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by vox2442

You are right, a lot needs to be forgotten for the Zionist regime to be painted as victims.

Thanks for your well thought response..

ooz

top topics

join