It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question on non acceptance of Homosexuals

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 03:13 AM
link   
reply to post by ahnggk

It is the opposite way around from my experience, i've been groped by women I dont know quite alot, I was even pushed down and had a woman eat my face while I was trying to get to the toilet, never had a man do that.

[edit on 19-10-2009 by valiant]

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 05:28 AM
link   
reply to post by valiant

Hmm, must be dependent on culture too!

But imagine a man doing that to you instead, it's a lot worse! Curious, wat country are you from? I'm from Philippines and gay men here are far most likely to be perverts than women that's why I developed a defense reaction against them. I can't help it, sorry.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 05:36 AM
link   
reply to post by ahnggk

I'm from england, gay men dont tend to act like that here, atleast to my knowledge and experience.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by ahnggk

And when you take what you posted to the next level of aggressiveness what do you have?

1 step closer to the sick behavior in Sodom.

I remember being in a restaurant once where two gay guys were eating at the table right beside us. It never bothered me until they started to check out and make eyes at my brother, talk about ruining a meal. Since he was there with his wife and my nephew, it showed massive disrespect and a lack of self-control that these people need to learn to show in public.

Because it's very offensive for a gay man to leer at a heterosexual man when he is with his family. Creepy even.

And before everybody says I am a homophobic, I had a gay friend once who was the nicest guy, I never once felt uncomfortable around him. He knew how to behave around other straight men. He was a very intelligent man.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 10:30 AM
link   
all guys check out, it's how god made them...they use their eyes.
whether it's a man or a woman. Behaviour is personal and
being polite is a personal choice...as you rightly stated later.

Better to use eyes, then to avoid using them and starting to
develop obsessions that can harm.

Sodom can be avoided by allowing sexuality as normal,
not by judging sexuality, which is in it's normal form
just taste and/or love, wheter gay or straight.

[edit on 19-10-2009 by pasttheclouds]

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by iamsupermanv2
First, let me say that i am not trying to start a fight with anyone, attack any beliefs, or anything of the sort. this is just a question I have had for as long as i can remember. It applies to more than just homosexuality, it can be applied to race issues, hatred towards other religious and the such...but anyways here it goes:

Why would a god that loves, respects, accepts, and provides for his followers EVER turn its all mighty back on a follower for the simple fact that they are homosexual?

I come from the school that first, homosexuality is not a choice, but rather it's just there. It occurs in nature with animals, we are just advanced animals, makes sense to me that it would occur in homo sapiens.and second, that yes, the bible seems to speak out against homosexuality, but the bible was written by man. man is fallible, maybe the writers got it wrong. (either on purpose, or for being blind to it themselves)

keeping those two facts in mind when answering (not looking into getting into a debate over my 2nd belief as it is off topic, but again, not really) what is your answer?

I look forward to all the responses. thanks for taking the time

Why would a god that loves, respects, accepts, and provides for his followers EVER turn its all mighty back on a follower for the simple fact that they are homosexual?

well god obviously trusts them.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

The Word says homosexuality is a sin, yes it does, however it says a great number of things are likewise sins, what TRULY matters is if we have Jesus Christ as payment for those sins. His shed blood to wash away our transgressions of God's law.

A Christian should never judge another man, for when he does he immediately condemns himself. The homosexual needs the EXACT same savior as the liar does, as the thief does et cetra.

Yep. You'd swear, from listening to some "christians" talk, that homosexuality is the only sin out there. They make easy targets. But I also found that those that do this have some rather serious problems of their own that they don't want to see the light of day.

Everyone has something they struggle with. Ain't nothing easy.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Going on my interpretation on the Bible, I would say that being born homosexual is not a sin, but it is acting on those tendencies that is a sin. People cannot help the way they are born. Being born homosexual is like being born tall, short, fat, thin, black, white, whatever. It's what you do in life that matters, and that's what God will judge you on, not a fluke of birth.

I'd compare it to the difference between thinking someone of the opposite sex is attractive, and then taking it one step further and fornicating with that person, which the Bible also states is a sin.

The Bible clearly draws a line in the sand regarding homosexuality. Of course, it's up to each person individually whether they care what the Bible says or not.

As for me, while I personally disapprove of homosexual behaviour, I'm not going to make gay people's lives a living hell because of it. If they want to behave in that manner, fine, I don't have any right to stop them or make their life miserable because of it, even if I don't like what they're doing.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   
So we as a whole still to this day consider most or all homosexuals to be perverts? What about the throngs of gay men who've never hurt a fly?

And to say it's worse being attacked by a homosexual man than a woman? Is it really worse? If a woman violated you in the same fashion that a gay man did what the heck difference does it make?

Looks like we are back in 1973 again...wow I thought the DSM already changed

-Kyo

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by DragonsDemesne

the new testament does not codemn homosexuality,
the old law is divided in 2, curse and blessing,
blessing is love god, he is one, forgive all...that's the gospel btw.

www.belowtopsecret.com...

[edit on 19-10-2009 by pasttheclouds]

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by iamsupermanv2
reply to post by GypsK

i agree, but that wasn't the question, the question is why does the church (my thinking catholic church, but it really applies with and form of christianity, maybe with judiasm and islam, but i'm not familiar with those) ostracize homosexuality, under the guise that a loving and just god says it's wrong.

ok..hm.. I don't have a clue.
maybe because the church has a whole 'wrong' idea off the concept of 'God'? IMO that is...

I'm straight... and I don't give a **** about what any church says, why does the gay community care so much?

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

again, not an answer.

i get yall think its a sin.

why is it a sin.

that's the point.

give me a REAL reason why it is a sin.

not a bible verse.

logical interpretation

i know why killing someone is bad

i know why stealing is bad

why is taking it in the butt bad?

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by ahnggk

if you were a female, i assure you you would say the same thing about straight males.

wanna know why?

because us males are sexually aggressive. plain and simple....in a blanketed way.

i've talked to many of my gay friends about this, and their answer is simply this: guys (as i stated) are more aggressive. they are with other gays and so on. so when they are pursuing another guy, they do what they do.

dont get me wrong, i agree that if you say no, it is wrong. just as it is when a woman says no and a straight guy keeps on.

take your anger away from the gays, put it towards males who do that.

i saw 3 STRAIGHT GUYS this weekend do it to girls.

im sorry, but that logic is flawed, although understandably.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by GypsK

the gay community doesnt care until they are attacked.

they didnt bother the god hates fags people, those people bothered the gays.

and one thing i can say about homosexuals, men esp...they are vindictive little things. you mess with one, you mess with them all. a unity un seen in a non racial group in a while.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 09:45 PM
link   
I feel that the Creator made it very clear that he made woman for man and not the other way around. He blessed this union as right. There are several scripture references that speak about Homosexual behavior as a sin against man and the Father.

I am not sure how I feel about someone being born that way. But if that would happen I know the Lord would help them somehow because he does love us so much and is full of mercy.

That is why Jesus left his heavenly home to come help man find "the way" to the Father. It was also because of the offering up of himself for ALL of us and taking on our sins that we even have a way the reach the Lord on our own and because of believing that Christ is the begotten son of the living God and his death and resurrection has given you salvation and atonement for our sins. That is as long as you have taken Jesus into your heart and have become a follower of Christ and his words. He shows us the way home.

I believe a person who is homosexual can be saved, BUT only if they are no longer sinning. Yes, it is true God loves you but not your sin. You see we have choices either to be a true follower in all ways or not. We have a lifetime to decide. Let's hope for a long and glorious life in our Lord.

Peace to you my friend!
Grandma

top topics

<< 1   >>

join