It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God's Curse on America

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Perhaps slightly off topic, but I can't resist... I hope more than words can express that whatever truly Apocalyptic change comes, if or when it does, it will be particularly harsh and shocking specifically toward monotheists, above all others. Most of the biggest problems in the world today are based on the ignorance and fear of the monotheistic cults, I mean religions (like there's a difference HA HA!) , and the political systems they WAY too-strongly influence (i.e. the US being more like Iran than post-Christian Europe). Stubbornly clinging to blind faith beliefs (religious AND political, to be fair) instead of desiring (objective-by-definition) facts will be the downfall of humanity. Sorry, it appears I'm on the wrong planet...

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by heliosprime

Give me a brake hellio, no everybody here are as trusting on delusions as you think.

America destruction has nothing to do with God.

It that is true then Allah is better than the Christian God because is making the oil producing countries incredible rich.

Then Buddha most be greatest than Jesus because China is booming.

Please get a grip.

The only thing killing America is globalization, unfair free trade, corruption of capitalism and a corporate run government.

All that can be fixed if the people just took matter into their own hands.

But they rather blame in on lack of Christianity like you do

Thanks for the conspiracy this is better than expected

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 10:48 PM
link   
I believe in God, just not a Christian God. My God doesn't need big churches. I can worship in a field, barn, park or where ever. He doesn't need my money. My God doesn't reward those who agree with the murder and starvation of innocents around the world in order to ensure the interests of a few military industrial corporations. My God finds jealousy and greed repulsive and he doesn't allow me to
sin as much as I want as long as I ask forgiveness by the end of the day.

I don't understand why the Op feels God would abandon everyone that follows the above creed as well as the American people have. And do you really think God would be that angry with America in the short time Obama's been president? Republican politicians who have sex with minors didn't make him angry?

Sad that you can't see both parties should get equal credit for making God so happy with the states.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by seagull

I am glad that i am here now.

In saying that i am happy that billions died from every bacterial and viral infection. In saying that i am happy that billions died and were enslaved in wars to create my nation. In saying that i am happy that countless numbers of species rose and fell under my heel.

Stupidity is inevitible, ignorance is inevitible, mistakes are inevitible. Religion is just another inevitiblity in the development of a sentient species NOT a coin with 2 sides. Its a disease, which you cure.

Your going to wake up and see their suffering. Its really nice to create a bubble of happy delicious god bull$%^& to swim around in and say everything is wonderfull, but when the day come that your god vanishes from your mind you will have to taste their sorrow and all their pain that you have been able to rationalize away.

You can do it now... and be able to help all of those around you, or you can do it the hard way and have it ripped peice by piece from your mind as people around you choose to rather die than live in a world without a god.

It is going to be a great and terrible day.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by seagull

What's your evidence that this prophetic verse is refering to America? Prophetic verse is often so nebulous that it could apply to anyone, or anything, that happens after it's recorded.

Most of what you're referencing to began happening long before President Obama came along...

Corruption has been around for as long as man has had govt of anysort. ...and will continue on into the forseeable future.

The evidence is that the "verses" are addressed to Israel. This included the lost sheep (ten tribes) and judeah. The english speaking countries are the fulfillment of the promise to Ephriam and mannesseth (part of the lost sheep).

Devine intervention in the creation of america is rather obvious to those "with eyes to see" and our history is full of God's blessing until the 1960's when prayer was banned, then 74 and abortion legal. Since that time america has been lead away from the keeping of the Lords commanments year by year.

Now the enemy that attacked american on Spet 11th 2001 has a "son" as president. Surrounded by godless demons who worship "Mao" and "Stalin" and hate all that "was" great about america, including its devotion to God's law....

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 02:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sundancer
I don't understand why the Op feels God would abandon everyone that follows the above creed as well as the American people have. And do you really think God would be that angry with America in the short time Obama's been president? Republican politicians who have sex with minors didn't make him angry?

Sad that you can't see both parties should get equal credit for making God so happy with the states.

So where did I support either party? Both are vile and corrupt.

Look at your own statement....you support a party that advocates the murder of the unborn?

Again obama is part of the punishment.......

When Jesus returns it is in the great day of WRATH.......america has walked away from God's teachings, once the "shinning city on the hill" is now a tarnished den of harlots and thieves......

Washinton DC has turned into Babylon.....

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 03:34 AM
link   
reply to post by nomorecruelty

So leviticus doesn't apply anymore?
It isn't canon? didnt know that, and must confess that i haven't read more than a few single lines from the bible. So help me out here: Isn't leviticus the one where it says that man shall not lie down with man or somesuch?
It's an honest question:
How is the rule about menstruating women inferior to the rule about sex before marriage? How do you know?
Since the number of women who don't sleep in barns during their mestruation is propably higher than the number of women who have sex before marriage, wouldn't it make sense that he is a lot more upset about that?
Or are you just ignoring the parts that would be hard to follow? since you would have to build a barn, while you only don't have to be gay to not sleep with men.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 03:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by debunky
reply to post by nomorecruelty

So leviticus doesn't apply anymore?
It isn't canon? didnt know that, and must confess that i haven't read more than a few single lines from the bible. So help me out here: Isn't leviticus the one where it says that man shall not lie down with man or somesuch?
It's an honest question:
How is the rule about menstruating women inferior to the rule about sex before marriage? How do you know?
Since the number of women who don't sleep in barns during their mestruation is propably higher than the number of women who have sex before marriage, wouldn't it make sense that he is a lot more upset about that?
Or are you just ignoring the parts that would be hard to follow? since you would have to build a barn, while you only don't have to be gay to not sleep with men.

Heliosprime is like all Christians in that they're selective about what they actually choose to adhere to because Christianity, like most religions appears to be a bit of rag bag of sources that aren't always cohesive or indeed practically a long time after their 'rules' were written.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 08:24 AM
link   
the constitution gives us FREEDOM OF RELIGION!!!
weather that religion is catholic, protestant, muslim, jewish, budhist, ect.

you said you wanted to ban everything that isn't judeo-christian!
well, ya know what. Then all these muslims, all the budhists, all those people following all those other religions should never have been allowed in our country, or they should have been informed that they were expected to convert upon entering and given the option of staying or leaving.
but, our constitution gives them the right to have any religious views they want, and well, not believing in a god is a religious view!
when I went to school, we had it where everyone had the option to get relgious education. They could chose which denomination they followed and were allowed to walk (or maybe they were bused to the churches that weren't in walking distance) for it. Why would they do that, oh ya, the protestants, the catholics, the methodists, they all couldn't decide on one doctrine to present to all those kids! To accept any, would be to say that some were wrong!

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by heliosprime

Originally posted by seagull

What's your evidence that this prophetic verse is refering to America? Prophetic verse is often so nebulous that it could apply to anyone, or anything, that happens after it's recorded.

Most of what you're referencing to began happening long before President Obama came along...

Corruption has been around for as long as man has had govt of anysort. ...and will continue on into the forseeable future.

The evidence is that the "verses" are addressed to Israel. This included the lost sheep (ten tribes) and judeah. The english speaking countries are the fulfillment of the promise to Ephriam and mannesseth (part of the lost sheep).

Devine intervention in the creation of america is rather obvious to those "with eyes to see" and our history is full of God's blessing until the 1960's when prayer was banned, then 74 and abortion legal. Since that time america has been lead away from the keeping of the Lords commanments year by year.

I'm faced with two options here, that this has got to be satire and the poster is being egged-on by his laughing friends as the all sit around his computer or that or you are a living, breathing example as to why there's an "anti-American" and "anti-Christian" backlash at times.

The idea that the Christian God intervened and had a hand in the creation of a country and is therefore subsequently interlinked with this favoured land is bewildering. And Americans wonder why non-Americans think Americans are arrogant? The rest of the Western World abandoned this kind of thinking a long time ago.

How you can rationalise this I don't know. Two-tier Christianity? America and then everyone else?

Now the enemy that attacked american on Spet 11th 2001 has a "son" as president.

Obama is Bush's son? WHO KNEW???!?

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lichter daraus
reply to post by seagull

All religion is garbage, you don't need religion to believe, that comes with our free will.

[edit on 07/16/2009 by Lichter daraus]

[edit on 07/16/2009 by Lichter daraus]

Imagine the Internet and ATS being around 2,500 years ago and reading "Apollo and Zeus are getting mad at us for not praying to them more".

It's all so silly............substitute Jesus for Apollo and it's all the same insanity.

Who will it be in another 2,500 years? Marty? Culious? Fred? Zaktar4?

Just silly to me. Respect, of course, to those that need to believe in "some higher power", but just silly to me.

[edit on 10/18/09 by StonyJ]

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by nomorecrueltyThere were numerous "laws" of the ancient days that no longer apply to mankind today. What part of that is so difficult to understand.

The difficult part is understanding how one determines which laws still apply and which ones don't. Did God send out a memo I didn't get?

It seems to me that faith is an "all or nothing" kind of thing. You either believe what's in the Bible, or you don't. As soon as you start to pick and choose which laws are relevant today and which ones aren't, yet still hold that the Bible is "God's word", you get into a very fuzzy area.

So if you think any law from the Bible can be ignored as "not applying to mankind today", you do not have faith in the word of God, and will, of course, burn in Hell for all eternity.

I'd also like to thank Rev. Phelps for starting this fine thread....

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Taking God from schools

A lot of the people committing crimes are old enough to have had prayer in school.

Is thread even for real?

*looks around for Ashton Kucher*

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 12:19 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 12:57 PM
link   

You seem to think that the Infinite One cares what we do. What you do only hurts yourself, 'god' has nothing to do with it nor does he misguide your choices or free will.

The bible is not the words of god, nor should it be taken seriously by people who don't comprehend the underlying truth.

All religion is fabricated , the only 'religion' that you should believe is your own inner self.

[edit on 18-10-2009 by Psychonaughty]

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by subject x

Originally posted by nomorecrueltyThere were numerous "laws" of the ancient days that no longer apply to mankind today. What part of that is so difficult to understand.

The difficult part is understanding how one determines which laws still apply and which ones don't. Did God send out a memo I didn't get?

It seems to me that faith is an "all or nothing" kind of thing. You either believe what's in the Bible, or you don't. As soon as you start to pick and choose which laws are relevant today and which ones aren't, yet still hold that the Bible is "God's word", you get into a very fuzzy area.

So if you think any law from the Bible can be ignored as "not applying to mankind today", you do not have faith in the word of God, and will, of course, burn in Hell for all eternity.

I'd also like to thank Rev. Phelps for starting this fine thread....

It's not about 'picking and choosing' - there are things that were acceptable, or legal, during those days that wouldn't be today - at least not in most countries. I.e. beheading, human sacrificing, animal sacrificing, etc.
It just gets tiresome for people to try to use Leviticus as their only defense to why they are non believers.

And people that like to toss in the 'Rev. Phelps' topic to further try to imply that Rev. Phelps is the poster child for all Christians.

That would be like implying that all non believers can be categorized with Darwin or any other atheist.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Psychonaughty

First off, God has nothing to do with man's many created "religions".

Second, "self" isn't a "religion" anyhow. "Self" is arrogance, vanity and pride and if you worship "self" then you are full of all three.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by dawnstar
the constitution gives us FREEDOM OF RELIGION!!!
weather that religion is catholic, protestant, muslim, jewish, budhist, ect.

you said you wanted to ban everything that isn't judeo-christian!
well, ya know what. Then all these muslims, all the budhists, all those people following all those other religions should never have been allowed in our country, or they should have been informed that they were expected to convert upon entering and given the option of staying or leaving.
but, our constitution gives them the right to have any religious views they want, and well, not believing in a god is a religious view!
when I went to school, we had it where everyone had the option to get relgious education. They could chose which denomination they followed and were allowed to walk (or maybe they were bused to the churches that weren't in walking distance) for it. Why would they do that, oh ya, the protestants, the catholics, the methodists, they all couldn't decide on one doctrine to present to all those kids! To accept any, would be to say that some were wrong!

Freedom of "religion" does, or is supposed to, guarantee that you have the right to believe what you choose - however, atheists and other non believers have twisted that into removing God from everything that they can - school, football games, gov offices, media, etc.

No one is objecting to the non believer's choice of not believing - but believers do object to these same "groups" attempting to restrict that same choice for ourselves.

And as far as all of the "religions" - you hit the nail on the head - mankind is responsible for the creation of the numerous "religions" in the world today. As usual, man's intelligence is hindered by his vanity.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   
funny.. my grandfather, father and I are all atheists and have had nothing but wonderful lives. My grandfather was successful, had a great family, beutiful wife.. same with my father who is still happy as can be retired and traveling/enjoying life to the max. I am a non-believer and everything in my life has worked out very well.. great career, wife, kids, live in a beautiful place etc. How can this be? I am a blasphemer, support Obama, support gay rights, support separation of church & state and more 'evil' stuff. Shouldn't I be covered in boils and tumors?

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by reasonable
funny.. my grandfather, father and I are all atheists and have had nothing but wonderful lives. My grandfather was successful, had a great family, beutiful wife.. same with my father who is still happy as can be retired and traveling/enjoying life to the max. I am a non-believer and everything in my life has worked out very well.. great career, wife, kids, live in a beautiful place etc. How can this be? I am a blasphemer, support Obama, support gay rights, support separation of church & state and more 'evil' stuff. Shouldn't I be covered in boils and tumors?

I'm not an atheist, but i also do not believe in the god of the bible or any other religion, but i like your post...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join