It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God's Curse on America

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by seagull

I don't try to force anyone into believing - but I do spend quite a bit of time trying to help people to understand the consequences of not believing in God - as long as they are satisfied with who they believe in, so be it.

It's been mankind that has made the word "Christian" into something bad. I just hate to see people blame God for what man has done.

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by heliosprime
Every american school should have classes on scripture, should pray several times a day. Ban non judeo/christian anything.

The fall of america can be traced directly to the day prayer was taked from the schools.

This current communist in the whitehouse and those vile who surround him are in power to punish the lost sheep.

The Lord will allow it until america repents or Jesus returns.

I have to ask, is this satire? I'm having a little trouble accepting that this, along with a lot of your other posts, isn't some fairly humorous, satirical point-making spoof.

[edit on 17-10-2009 by Merriman Weir]

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Witness2008

But understand that your saying "beating someone down with a Bible" probably stems from the reputation that mankind has given Christians.

I very rarely use Biblical quotes - for a reason. I don't want people to perceive me as one of those kind of people that tosses out random verses as my only defense.

True Christians don't 'beat' anyone 'down with a Bible' - before my conversion, I was on the other side of the coin though - I HATED for people to recite Biblical verses - b/c you couldn't argue with those.

The Bible is a history book, as well as God's Scriptures - not meant for beating people.

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Merriman Weir

Every american school should have classes on scripture, should pray several times a day. Ban non judeo/christian anything.

The fall of america can be traced directly to the day prayer was taked from the schools.

This current communist in the whitehouse and those vile who surround him are in power to punish the lost sheep.

I have to ask, is this satire? I'm having a little trouble accepting that this, along with a lot of your other posts, isn't some fairly humorous, satirical point-making spoof.

[edit on 17-10-2009 by Merriman Weir]

It's not satire - it's the Gospel, and the real truth. Unlike all of these other "gods" that humans have created in order to try to escape God.

As the end days continue on this planet, all of us are going to be, and are already being, affected by God's wrath. If we think it's ugly now, sit back and watch. It is only going to get uglier. But until Jesus returns, satan is being allowed to gather as many souls as he can, away from God. And from the looks of things, it appears he isn't having to work very hard.

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Re America in prophecy - here is a website that discusses that - I'm still torn on
if we are mentioned or not.

Lots of folks want to say that we are Babylon - but the colors of 'purple and gold' throw me.......... that makes it sound more like Rome.

My jury is still out on that one.

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by nomorecruelty
It's not satire - it's the Gospel, and the real truth. Unlike all of these other "gods" that humans have created in order to try to escape God.

As the end days continue on this planet, all of us are going to be, and are already being, affected by God's wrath. If we think it's ugly now, sit back and watch. It is only going to get uglier. But until Jesus returns, satan is being allowed to gather as many souls as he can, away from God. And from the looks of things, it appears he isn't having to work very hard.

I'm getting confused now. Was that satire as well?

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by nomorecruelty

The problem is in fact that people have been beaten down by "Gods Word".

The Hebrew scriptures are jam packed with laws that not only beat down the enemies of the Jews but their own women and children.

And then Paul AKA Saul the wannabe pharisee did a pretty good job of getting organized Christianity on the same playbook as the ancient Hebrews when it came to women and children.

Faith is a personal endeavor....and God has no gender.

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Witness2008

I agree that people have been beaten down by God's Bible/Word - but that was/is man - not God. Man is who is using God's Bible, and His Word, to turn people against God.

Satan is behind it all but using mankind, being the sheep he can be, to execute his agenda.

Satan's been allowed, by God, to wreck our salvation - once Jesus returns, satan will be drop kicked to hell for good - finally. And he knows this - that is why there has been such a decline in the morals on this planet. Regardless of what society deems 'politically correct', God and His laws, have never changed. Mankind has - over the centuries. And has even written his own "bibles" to try to feel more comfy in his own life.

We can create all the gods we want - and believe in all of them if we want. But in doing that, it still doesn't mean that we'll escape accountability for our choices in our lives while on this planet.

I.e. Sex outside of marriage - who doesn't have sex before marriage, if we marry at all - it's "accepted" now by society.
But in God's eyes, it is not accepted.
Mankind didn't like that so he started dissing God and either creating another god to believe in, or blatantly damning Him straight up.

Homosexuality - in society today, it's becoming widely accepted. But in God's eyes, it is not.

What did mankind do - he wrote a new "bible" - the Gay/Lesbian "bible"

But God's law on homosexuality have never changed.

But society has made it 'cool' and 'acceptable' and are now passing laws to make it a crime to not accept it as "normal".

If you were God, and had created a universe and your creation started breaking all of your laws and defiling you and mocking you - would you not finally step in and say "enough"?

I would.

I would have done it fifty years ago.

God clearly has more patience with mankind than I.

[edit on 17-10-2009 by nomorecruelty]

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Merriman Weir

I'm getting confused now. Was that satire as well?

Pay attention, my friend - as the days tick off, you can wait and watch and I am betting that the time will come when you won't be so confused any longer.

Nothing personal, although this will probably sound bad......... it is people such as yourself that is exactly why the end days are now upon us.

No pressure on you, understand -

I'm just saying............

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Q: Why don't non believers question/doubt history books the way they do the Bible?

A: Because normal history books don't contain rules and laws that they are supposed to follow - yet don't want to.

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Pay attention, my friend - as the days tick off, you can wait and watch and I am betting that the time will come when you won't be so confused any longer.

Nothing personal, although this will probably sound bad......... it is people such as yourself that is exactly why the end days are now upon us.

Oh, I get it now, you're talking about Fimbulvetr. You should have said so earlier.

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 01:03 PM
link   

No ones blaming God for anything. Least of all me. My belief is that there is no one true way to enlightenment, or the Truth, whatever you want to call it.

I've never been real sure man is capable of understanding God's Will, or God's Word. To truly understand God, we must be God...and that we are not.

So prophecy, especially so vague a one as the OP quoted, is essentially meaningless. Save in retrospect.

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   

When I was in school, we said the Pledge of Allegience, TO God, every day upon arrival into class...

Errrmmmm...well that's because you went to school AFTER the 'Pladge' was altered (part of McCarthism, and the "Red scare"...look it up)

The words "under God" were not included until sometime in the 1950s.....

...and the Lord's Prayer before lunch, every day.

Well, sure sounds like it might have been a religious school, huh? Was it?

(and what does reciting the "Lord's Prayer" actually help with, anyway?? Does the lunch taste better?)

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by dawnstar

na, god's still in the school, every time a christian enters the school and allows him to shine through. if God isn't in the school, well, the christians need to blame themselves for that one. Heck, even in the highlight of the Roman persecution of the christians, the people knew who the christians were, and guess who they went to when they found themselves in need!!

I don't agree with your post. If they made me pray to a god that i don't believe in i would have dropped out of school or been kicked out for not doing so. I don't nor will i believe in the christian god or any other god created by man, and nobody will force me to do so. I am my own person with my own beliefs.They have schools for all that crap, if people want to go to that type of school they have that choice.

[edit on 07/16/2009 by Lichter daraus]

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   
LOL weedwacker how is it you have so many warns and i have none? I thought i was the rudest person here.

OP-

Our curse is the ignorant religious people we have to deal with. Learning is often painfull and that means we are all going to burn for the number of idiots that have been grown by our society.

go babble into your hands uselessly while children are endlessly raped and murdered, as they have been for millions of years. What crimes have they commited? i guess they should have kept the sabbath holy.

How many heathens did god MURDER with the flu virus so you could sit in your little nerf life with relative imunization and claim that everyon had a chance to be happy and get their belly tickled by jesus.

Im going to smile on the day that you lose you fluffy magical god and cry. You havent allowed yourself to see how much such ignorance and foolishness harms the world.

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Wertdagf

Strange this is the second time i have agreed with you 100%. Good post star for you...

PEACE!!!

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Wertdagf

Over the top rhetorical excesses like this one do no one anygood whatsoever...all it does is harden opinion and draw the lines of conflict...

I could counter that for every evil portions of christianity have perpetrated, other segments have enriched lives with music, art, even science...provided shelter and food for the poor. Yes, any institution developed by man will be forced to deal with it's corruption...but to deny the very real good that has been done as well is to deny part of the truth.

The flip side of your dark coin, if you will.

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by seagull

Now is the time to lose the bad parts of religion. Which is the end of religion

Are you capable of letting them go? Are you willing to live in a society the realizes that there is no god, because... there is no god.

You are purposley NOT seeing the brick wall we are about to run head first into. These religious people are and always have been the ones behind the wheel. Your sitting their praising the collective intent of stupid people in large numbers.

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   

If you were God, and had created a universe and your creation started breaking all of your laws and defiling you and mocking you - would you not finally step in and say "enough"?

All those things you speak of are man made laws.

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by seagull

I have seen no real good from religions. I got christian family members that hate me because i don't believe in there god. Guess what, they are the most scandalous members in the family also. They are more of the black sheeps than the black sheep. They lie, cheat, and steal, and are tainted with alcoholics and druggies, and somehow think there gonna get a good judgment from there supposed god. Give me a break. All religion is garbage, you don't need religion to believe, that comes with our free will.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join